Page 248 of 253 FirstFirst ... 148198223238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253 LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 5041

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Okay superb, thanks for the quick reply, feared my game was ed. A shame about the Agoge system its great but eh, temporary problem. So the requierements for reform are supposed to get early ? I am only on turn 82 and theyre already firing, but if thats correct cool. And no idea about the playtime reminders.

Many thanks again, one quick question: Is it still possible to get FMs through sending only troops into battle ? I remember reading somewhere it was removed or atleast greatly reduced ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Many thanks again, one quick question: Is it still possible to get FMs through sending only troops into battle ? I remember reading somewhere it was removed or atleast greatly reduced ?
    Quintus already answered this, the KH starts with many characters for the regions they control, but to elaborate: the number of generals you get from the family, adoptions, man of the hour etc. is based on your number of settlements. The more settlements, and less characters, the more chances of getting new kids, adoptions, or captains promoted to generals.

A sure way is to suicide all your generals except one, then win a battle with a captain, it will instantly be offered for adoption. This is how i cheated and had the antipatridai rule egypt

Ah okay thanks, that makes a lot of sense, didnt know it was bound to number of controlled settlements. Just wanted to get some FMs with different ethnicities, some diversity. I can work with that, some of the great Athenian houses FMs didnt reproduce and there maybe some vacant spots soon.

I would like to know if my FMs can become educated while staying in a city as a governor?.

I was playing as Makedonia and I moved one of my younger FMs to Athens to get education and Athens has a higher level academia
    but for some reason my FM didn't get educated.

I guess it's because of the ethnicity of my FM, he's a Antigonid Makedonian or something like that.

I think the timer for the playtime reminders resets when entering or exiting a battle. I've got them 2 or 3 times but only when I spend a long time on either just the stratmap or on the battlemap.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    I would like to know if my FMs can become educated while staying in a city as a governor?.

I was playing as Makedonia and I moved one of my younger FMs to Athens to get education and Athens has a higher level academia
    but for some reason my FM didn't get educated.

I guess it's because of the ethnicity of my FM, he's a Antigonid Makedonian or something like that.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-to-Academies

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Should I simulate the Parthian sub-kingdoms with allied governments?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Ganos Paran View Post
    It's also mentioned in Achaemenid sources like the Daiva Inscription by Xerxes and others I'm pretty sure, I assume it had something to do with consuming the ritual haoma from Zoroastrian tradition which is currently thought to be a crushed plant (I heard some arguments that it's ephedra which is found in the areas the Sakas and persians populated)
    I was curious about its use amongst the Sakas, since it's mentioned as "sacred Haoma" in their campaign panel. They weren't Zoroastrians, were they?

btw, why slingers have lesser range than archers?.

Shouldn't it had been the other way?

I mean, Slingers could shoot their proyectiles up to 300 meters, while archers only could only shoot up to 150 meters.

Also,

are you going to add Rhodian slingers?.

Xenophon said this about the Rhodians :

"I am told that there are Rhodians in our army, that most of them understand the use of a sling, and that their missiles carry no less than twice as far as those from the Persian slings. For the latter have only a short range because the stones that are used in them are as large as the hand can hold; the Rhodians are versed on the art of slinging leaden bullets"

btw, why slingers have lesser range than archers?.

Shouldn't it had been the other way?

I mean, Slingers could shoot their proyectiles up to 300 meters, while archers only could only shoot up to 150 meters.
    Only when using a glande or lead bullet, not using a stone. Two units use the requisite ammunition to get that range: Greek and Balearic Slingers. All the others use stones.

Even then, a bullet is not aerodynamic like an arrow, it isn't going to carry as far no matter how forcefully ejected.

Also,

are you going to add Rhodian slingers?.

Xenophon said this about the Rhodians :

"I am told that there are Rhodians in our army, that most of them understand the use of a sling, and that their missiles carry no less than twice as far as those from the Persian slings. For the latter have only a short range because the stones that are used in them are as large as the hand can hold; the Rhodians are versed on the art of slinging leaden bullets"
    There's no real evidence for them being deployed as distinct units outside of marine complements in our period. They are otherwise subsumed into the concept for Greek Slingers.

So, another couple Sweboz questions:

1: Are you *supposed* to immediately upgrade your generic tribal migrations into specific tribes, or is there a reason to keep the tribal migration for a while? I have a sneaking suspicion that it increases cultural conversion more quickly, but I'm not sure.

2: I just noticed that the Lugiones also have access to the Allied State. Why are the Sweboz the only European barbarian faction who aren't able to get proper native units without a non-factional government?

3: Not a question, but my starting Faction heir ended up being a terrible Sweboz. He's managed to get Terrible Tactician, Poor With Infantry, and is uncomfortable governing cities. I think the only thing going for him is being Faction Heir and that he has the poet trait. I'm tempted to send him on a naval expedition any day now...

4: Any word on why the Slagonez are the only unit without a missile weapon?

5: Is there any difference between the Celto-Germanic Tribe buildings and the Germanic Tribe buildings? The Celto-Germanic Tribe buildings seem slightly more potent (larger recruitment pools, mostly) but I'm not noticing any major differences.

6: Do the Tribal Buildings have any effect on the ethnicities of new FMs, or is it province-based (like most of the other factions?

I've done very little with the Sweboz, so I can't answer all those questions.
    1: I think so, the whole point is that you can host up to three specific tribes in any one province.
    2: Because the Sweboz are different.
    4: Not sure.
    6: Not as far as I'm aware.

Are you going to add Ekdromoi Hoplitai to the game?.

Are you going to add Ekdromoi Hoplitai to the game?.
    No; the closest we come to them are the merc hoplites and the Lakonikoi.

What about Helvetian units?

Hi guys, I have 2 questions.

1. How can you disable watch towers from being constructed by both the player and AI?

2. How do you edit a family tree? I am trying to remove some relatives and children from Baktria’s Family tree, but every time I try using descr_strat there is always an error. Are there other files that also should be edited before it will work correctly?
    Additionally, what about the portraits for the FMs? What file connects them to the character on the campaign map?

FYI, I am using Notepad++.

Thanks

What about Helvetian units?
    One is planned.

Quote Originally Posted by (:Baktra:) View Post
    Hi guys, I have 2 questions.

1. How can you disable watch towers from being constructed by both the player and AI?

2. How do you edit a family tree? I am trying to remove some relatives and children from Baktria’s Family tree, but every time I try using descr_strat there is always an error. Are there other files that also should be edited before it will work correctly?
    Additionally, what about the portraits for the FMs? What file connects them to the character on the campaign map?

FYI, I am using Notepad++.

Thanks
    1. I can't remember how we disabled forts, I'd imagine it's the same way. You can set the cost of them to something prohibitive in the descr_cultures (unlikely to be savegame compatible).
    2. You have to make sure you remove both their character_record and relative entries - also beware of removing parents while leaving their children in.

Portraits are in the descr_strat - if one is assigned on the first row, they'll always get that one. Otherwise it's random for their culture. They're all in ui\cul_[whatever]\portraits\

According to the "reform thread" Upon completing the Reform as pergamon it ll become and independant kingdom...

Does this mean the faction / Leader / Heir change their titles, too?

like "Basileus"
    "See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAbacus View Post
    According to the "reform thread" Upon completing the Reform as pergamon it ll become and independant kingdom...

Does this mean the faction / Leader / Heir change their titles, too?

like "Basileus"
    No, those things are fixed in the expanded.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No, those things are fixed in the expanded.txt.
    alright, thanks.
    "See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins."