Page 4 of 253 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

You need either milkshape or 3DS Max to model units in MTW2, as these are the only two programs that convertors have been written for.

To mod MTW2 you need to use the unpacker supplied in the tools folder in the base folder for MTW2. You can unpack a specific kingdoms campaign or all campaigns (but a bit of text editing will allow you many more options). The unpacked files will appear in the data folder for that particular campaign.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

milkshape or 3DS Max
    milkshape is cheap ...
    edit@ i saw it on download.com . but i cant find it in any bestbuy or office depot webpages :S
    where can i find it download or buy in the internet ?
    edit # i am at this thread [ http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95288]researching about programs and i found Gmax.
    can Gmax be used to model any M2TW kingdoms unit for EB2 ?
    Last edited by eddy_purpus; September 20, 2008 at 07:12 PM.

I dont know if GMAX is compatible. You would need to search the forums for that info or PM are guy who created the convertor.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Hello,

I always thought DAZ stutio was not a freeware but maybe it is an ancient version in abandonware...

So I think DAZ stutio can help you creating standard models (standard face, standard body) with accessories (armors, weapons, etc) and can be exported to 3Dsmax and then used for the game.

But I think it is verry difficult to do so. DAZ is not made for that ; it is a program where you manipule a puppet and give it some clothes (made by yourself or not) and create a background to do shots or possibly videos. It is hard to consider the model going into a game because of the difficulty to adapt this puppet to the imperatives of the game.

If I remember well what is DAZ. But I may be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Floren d'Asteneuz View Post
    Hello,

I always thought DAZ stutio was not a freeware but maybe it is an ancient version in abandonware...

So I think DAZ stutio can help you creating standard models (standard face, standard body) with accessories (armors, weapons, etc) and can be exported to 3Dsmax and then used for the game.

But I think it is verry difficult to do so. DAZ is not made for that ; it is a program where you manipule a puppet and give it some clothes (made by yourself or not) and create a background to do shots or possibly videos. It is hard to consider the model going into a game because of the difficulty to adapt this puppet to the imperatives of the game.

If I remember well what is DAZ. But I may be wrong !
    ive noticed that because the models therea re like manga girls .
    well im still gonna look for a modelling program.

Do you use any other mod (like stainless steel)?
    80% of the people on forums have things in their signature they ask you to copy. If you're sick and tired of this, copy this in your sig
    Fun things to do in Total war:
    1. Trample peasants to death with elephants (optionally with culverins)
    2. Burn peasants with greek fire
    3. Bombard peasants with mangonels
    4. Burn peasants with fire-arrows

Yes, I like my peasants...
    Fried!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Highi View Post
    Do you use any other mod (like stainless steel)?
    This is a mod for the classical period of history, so I can't see much call for them to use SS, based over 1200 years later on.

Primicerius

Will MTW2 provide eye candy more than anything else for EB2?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar Son View Post
    Will MTW2 provide eye candy more than anything else for EB2?
    There are more modding options in M2TW over RTW and a couple new features that will be exploited.

Icon14 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

When can we have a new preview about Rome Faction ?

Do you will be agree to authoriz people to modify your skins for Roman Soldiers if they want more realism (i am not sur its necessary, your work is beautiful for roman soldiers) or to add-on news units (as Pretorian Guard in black as in SPQR mod (Rome Total War)) ?

Can we have same units as Rome Total War ? or do you will add-on just minimum of Roman Units ?

I have see a preview video with phalangitai soldiers... Why weapons appears ? Its a bug ? Do you think you can resolve it ?

Do you will insert and add-on many, many many, lot of pictures/skins/faces/character traits Paintings/tables/frescos for Roman Players as in the mod "Deus lo vult" for MTWII ; its impressiv in this mod, they have add-on a furious quantity of characters, tables, paintings etc...

Good luck.
    A creazy fan of Rome Total War
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Not anytime soon. We've got a lot of ground to cover before we are able to begin previewing factions properly. At the moment we are just revealing new factions.

We will have and currently have no problem with people releasing add-on modifications for EBI or EBII. But we do not allow people modify existing skins or models, this is because it becomes difficult to track ownership of those elements if people begin modifying them.

Rome Total War is hardly the most accurate representation of Rome. Play EBI and you will get an idea of what to expect for the Romani faction.

Again go and play EBI to understand what to expect in EBII for the Romani.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Icon13 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Keep up the Great Work EB Team cant wait for you guys to finish this mod

is there gonna be AoR for greece, like athenian, spartan, corinthian hoplites etc???

RS Beta Tester - Rome

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

The mod will feature regional recruitment like EB1. However, there won't be unique hoplites for every city. This takes simply too much unit slots for units that were not functionally different. Local differences in troops is not something unique to Greece, anyway, it's just that we happen to know more about them than others.

Spartan hoplites will almost certainly be in, though. In EB1 Massilla and Syracuse have their own unique hoplites as well, but they may not make it to EB2.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    The mod will feature regional recruitment like EB1. However, there won't be unique hoplites for every city. This takes simply too much unit slots for units that were not functionally different. Local differences in troops is not something unique to Greece, anyway, it's just that we happen to know more about them than others.

Spartan hoplites will almost certainly be in, though. In EB1 Massilla and Syracuse have their own unique hoplites as well, but they may not make it to EB2.
    I hope they do...

But I suppose it would not be the end of the world...

Icon5 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Is there going to be more voicemods in EB2?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    Is there going to be more voicemods in EB2?
    Probably. Though as they are made, there may be patches available to EB1 for their inclusion.

Foederatus

Hello guys,

Excellent project by the way lol

But I have questions, it will help to figure out where you are in the developments lol

1- Did you think about emerging factions? In fact i dont remember well if there were nations that occured later in this period
    2-What will you do with the numerous Celtic (gallic and britain) tribes, will there be more factions playable for them?
    3- And for the germanic tribes?
    4- And will you create the Thracian Nation?
    5- And about the Numidians/Berbers Tribes? because they settled *cities* in the sahara, and they had an impact in the punic wars and after (struggles with the Roman province in Africa), i would say that they are somehow notable

it's enough for the moment lol

See you and thank you

Foederatus

oh and!
    i thought about something:
    have you thought about multiple campaign? like with the expansion Kingdom... maybe the same map, but one starting at 270, an other in 14? even one in barbarian invasions... your professionalism can create mods very interesting in other period of time in the game

i suppose i would take much more time lol!!!!!!!!!

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Nirmajek View Post
    1- Did you think about emerging factions? In fact i dont remember well if there were nations that occured later in this period
    2-What will you do with the numerous Celtic (gallic and britain) tribes, will there be more factions playable for them?
    3- And for the germanic tribes?
    4- And will you create the Thracian Nation?
    5- And about the Numidians/Berbers Tribes? because they settled *cities* in the sahara, and they had an impact in the punic wars and after (struggles with the Roman province in Africa), i would say that they are somehow notable
    1)
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Q: Will the Pope and Cardinal elections be used in any way?
    A: The pope and the cardinal elections require the usage of an unplayable faction slot. Since one of EB's goals is to have all factions as playable nations, these features will not be used.
    2 & 3) The identity of the new factions has not been revealed yet, apart from Pergamon. We'll have to wait for more reviews. I am pretty sure we will see the Boii in EB2, though, and several other Celtic tribes have been mentioned by the team as well (Goidels, Brigantes, Belgae, Lugians and Galatians). I am less sure about any new German factions, though.

4) A Thracian nation? No, because there was no such thing. EB1 already contains one Thracian tribe (the Getai), but I doubt there will be more. Between the death of Lysimachos and the rise of the Getai there was no unified, major Thracian power. Still, who knows?

5) A team member strongly hinted that at least one Numidian tribe will be a faction in EB2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirmajek View Post
    have you thought about multiple campaign? like with the expansion Kingdom... maybe the same map, but one starting at 270, an other in 14? even one in barbarian invasions... your professionalism can create mods very interesting in other period of time in the game

i suppose i would take much more time lol!!!!!!!!!
    You've answered your own question. It would take to much time to set up the starting factions for several periods, especially since the factions from 14 AD would be very different from those in 272 BC. I hope someone will make a mod to do this, though.