Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Libertus

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Can I in EBII.cfg change unit sizes and graphics in battle - my battles are quite sloppy with original settings and I noticed the game always return to the state which is defined in this file with each new start of the program. Thank you.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

have you changed it to read only after editing?

Also how do you get the game to run windowed, I set it to windowed = true in the cfg, didnt work so i added windowed = true to the preferences file, the game started in windowed, crashed, and doesnt run windowed any more
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

The team is very busy atm, I reckon. Anyhow:

Some Takashila questions

PS: post here, post in above thread or pm - I'm fine with all.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post

Also how do you get the game to run windowed, I set it to windowed = true in the cfg, didnt work so i added windowed = true to the preferences file, the game started in windowed, crashed, and doesnt run windowed any more
    In which cfg did you change it, "EBII's" ?
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Libertus

I have, I just donīt know where are those lines in the file - I canīt see them (so I change it in game, which wonīt save them). As for the windowed mode my game actually started in it and I have to change it to fullscreen. Itīs in your MTW2 folder/mods/EBII/EBII.cfg
    When I have it as windowed, Iīve had both as true (although I think borderless just means you can get your mouse in and out of that window during play).
    So it was like this:
    [video]
    windowed=true
    borderless_window=true

Libertus

Oh, I found the unit scale size, itīs in the [game] part of the .cfg file. Still canīt edit, sorry for double post.
    EDIT: Oh, It seems now I finally can edit my posts, yey.
    I have another question: How can I improve/sustain good relations at least with my allies? I tried to give them money, but I canīt do that (it wonīt show up on the final offer list). Will new AI address this (have it downloaded, just didnīt run it yet)? Is there another way how to do it? (they donīt want map info). Thank you.
    Last edited by BoleslavLev; August 31, 2014 at 03:35 AM.

A suggestion:

How about a EB2 launcher for the next version? Instead of the two shortcuts created after the install (steam and no steam), the .exe creates a launcher in which you can:

At the main tab,

Has two buttons, one to run with steam and other to run for those without steam. (just like the shortcuts)
    Clickable links that open the main browser to the EB2 website, twitter, facebook, .org, TWC, etc...

A 2nd, Preferences tab.

Where you can choose between show_banners, arrow markers, minimal UI, sticky arrows...

And a 3rd tab with all the graphic, audio and game options where you can choose them before going in game.

And if there are any submods that come together with the main version, you can enable or disable them in another tab. (for example, since mr mojo said maybe we'll get 2 different CAI versions later, you could choose between them in the launcher. Another example is the graphic enhancement mod)
    Last edited by Wulfburk; August 31, 2014 at 10:47 AM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

Soo, I was snooping in the campaign files, and ahem, kh_campaign? Tarabostes campagn?

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
    (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

In the later releases, are we going to have different phalanx units for the Hellenistic factions, like Phalangitai Deuteroi, Pezhetairoi, Argyraspides and others?

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    In which cfg did you change it, "EBII's" ?
    yes, when that didnt work I did the second edit which was to the general M2 preferences file. It actually looks like i forgot to set the preferences file to read only and it changed back so i'll give that another try...

Quote Originally Posted by BoleslavLev View Post
    I have, I just donīt know where are those lines in the file - I canīt see them (so I change it in game, which wonīt save them). As for the windowed mode my game actually started in it and I have to change it to fullscreen. Itīs in your MTW2 folder/mods/EBII/EBII.cfg
    When I have it as windowed, Iīve had both as true (although I think borderless just means you can get your mouse in and out of that window during play).
    So it was like this:
    [video]
    windowed=true
    borderless_window=true
    hmm, maybe I'll try that
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Hi! Is there any way to make EB looks better? I've amd phenom II x4 965, amd radeon hd 6670 and sometimes lags occur, only in battles. I'm a noob, when it comes to pc gaming. I already have graphic enhanced mod with turned off in game bloom.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Senator

In the later releases, are we going to have different phalanx units for the Hellenistic factions, like Phalangitai Deuteroi, Pezhetairoi, Argyraspides and others?
    No clue but just quoting the EB twitter account:
    NIN, coffee, and elite phalangites. - abou
    Pezhetairoi
    And the current phalangitai are basically Pezhetairoi .
    Last edited by Sint; August 31, 2014 at 01:51 PM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Do you guys have any plan to add the Library of Alexandria as unique building?

so I finally got the game to run windowed (I needed to edit the preferences file in the M2 main folder) but if I try to change the size of the game, make it full screen, wider, etc, my mouse switches from the game one to the normal one and I cant interact with the game at all. Any ideas?

Libertus

so I finally got the game to run windowed (I needed to edit the preferences file in the M2 main folder) but if I try to change the size of the game, make it full screen, wider, etc, my mouse switches from the game one to the normal one and I cant interact with the game at all. Any ideas?
    Seems like borderless window, did you try to turn it off? Other than that, I donīt know.

I set it to false in the EB cfg and the M2 preferences file but neither worked

Are there less provinces than in the first EB? Feels like it to me.
    If so, are there plans to add more, or is this the final map?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Simpelicity View Post
    Are there less provinces than in the first EB? Feels like it to me.
    If so, are there plans to add more, or is this the final map?
    I think the number is the same, but there is a hard limit (199 I believe), so there probably wonīt be more. Provinces are probably just more spread because map is even bigger this time.

In my game as Pergamon I noticed that spies now don't open the gates if you besiege the city with an army.

I save-scummed a lot, and tried to besieged a city with a spy in it around 20 times, with a 32% chance of the spy opening the gates, and... nothing.
    Is this just the foul work of mathematics or is it perhaps an actual feature ?

i think you need to move a caracter os something otherwise the results are always the same no matter how much you reload
    i am not sure but try it