Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    This is probably going to sound rather impatient, but does the EB team already have a internally agreed-upon work-stop date for the summer release?
    We do.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    We do.
    Great! Please forgive me for saying that I hope it's sometime soon rather than later.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Great! Please forgive me for saying that I hope it's sometime soon rather than later.
    I can neither confirm nor deny.

However, I can tell you that 2.03d is hours away. One last bit of testing of some new CAI changes, and the last touches on native recruitment in the EDB, and it will be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I can neither confirm nor deny.

However, I can tell you that 2.03d is hours away. One last bit of testing of some new CAI changes, and the last touches on native recruitment in the EDB, and it will be ready.
    Just when I started a new campaign. Oh well...it was weird anyway. I tried out Ptolemaics, and now I'm some 70k in debt and most of my troops, except for border guard against Seleucids, are busy trying to catch Nabatean horde....

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

All these mini updates are part of summer release. You already playing a part from it. Well as long as we release mini updates that means that we are testing things.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    All these mini updates are part of summer release. You already playing a part from it. Well as long as we release mini updates that means that we are testing things.
    There is that, too. All the bugs found go back into the development build as well as this test platform. All the gameplay changes that are improvements similarly do.

So by playing 2.03x, you are helping to improve the summer release.

Are you releasing several Rome's Italian Allies units in the summer release?

What unit size people generally use, and has it any effect on the BAI? I've been using large sized units, cos my old gaming rig can't handle huge units very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson224 View Post
    What unit size people generally use, and has it any effect on the BAI? I've been using large sized units, cos my old gaming rig can't handle huge units very well.
    I only ever play on Huge. It's the only gameplay toggle that matters to me, I'll turn off every graphical feature if necessary, in order to get proper sized battles.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Direct BAI effect, Ive not a clue. Indirectly however I imagine due to an increased amount of pathfinding nodes per unit, this could ease the strain of calculations in regards to pathfinding. Sort of like a chessboard becoming a bit smaller and less pieces in play.

Of course, that is just theory that it might help in any measurable way and at the end of the day battle maps are big and nodes are small.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Missing agents i.e. princesses, priests/inquisitors and merchants, has the team/community found any use for them yet? Perhaps something akin to how Bellum Crucis uses them is in order? Also, has the Crusade mechanic bean utilized at all? I had a thought that it could perhaps be used for the Gauls and Germans if perhaps their territory is occupied by foreigners, they could unite to liberate the lands or something like that? Perhaps something akin to the resistance offered by Vercingetorix against Caesar?

Hi, just discovered this mod, is there any thread where i can see faction rosters, and maybe, some screenshots of EBII settlements? i just saw one really good looking barbarian one in the sreenshot thread

Umm, myself I use large as huge for me decreases gameplay instead of improving it. Sieges become too tedious as you have to be fighting in the center for a lot of min and I always feel that I can impact less the outcome of the battles raw numebrs and quality counting mroe than anything.
    Also x6 doesnt work well for me with that sizes

Is too much of a problem as long as I enjoy it?

We will either find a way, or make one.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

No, not at all a problem jervaj.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Is there an "eunuch" trait for Philetaerus of Pergamon?

Heya broskis. Can I have some input as to what is the most complete and polished faction to play as of 2.03j?

I would say the Sauromatae - I am not aware of any major addition planned for them for the future. What we had in store for them is already there.

Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    I would say the Sauromatae - I am not aware of any major addition planned for them for the future. What we had in store for them is already there.
    What about the new Scythian units?

OK, I forgot about these.