Page 9 of 253 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Isildor View Post
    1. Will you use the possibility to award titels by clicking on the character you want it for, like in HRR?

2. Will you picture the republican systems of Rome and Carthage in any special way?

3. Have you already decided what you will do with agents like merchants, princesses, priests, heretic and inquisitors?

4. What will you do with Guilds?
    1. not as of yet. Who knows what the future brings?
    2. As in EBI your characters can gain offices,... Possible additional features are for a future preview, or for the release.
    3&4 No final decision has been taken. Or at least is not yet made public.

@MarcusAureliusAntoninus: you might want to update the section linking to stèles/previews.

I have a question
    First of all may I say I am one of EB's most fervent fans and I am a great admirer of what your team is doing
    ...Anyway,I was going through the 'dominion of the sword' mod forum and it said that it was implementing a newly designed tech tree I was wondering if this system could be used in the making of EB2
    as it will deeply enrich the game experience.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael de silva View Post
    I have a question
    First of all may I say I am one of EB's most fervent fans and I am a great admirer of what your team is doing
    ...Anyway,I was going through the 'dominion of the sword' mod forum and it said that it was implementing a newly designed tech tree I was wondering if this system could be used in the making of EB2
    as it will deeply enrich the game experience.
    Thank you!
    We have already designed entirely new game mechanics for EBII. I think you will the find the experience most pleasing.

And what is suitable for one era, is not suitable representing another.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Thanks a lot
    really looking forward to this mod I think it will completely revolutionize the way we look at mods

Urm sorry to do disturb yall again...but I have one other teeny question
    I read that the romans were great fans of fort building...so could it be made possible for the roman faction to have the ability to construct marching camps(your basic build option for an army in total war) and then after some time (for eg ten turns) if the fort is still standing it will be possible for the player to upgrade it to a permenant stone fortress that can be used to defend a position on the campaign map and where soldiers can be retrained(not trained)...It can also contribute towards quelling uprising in a region.
    I know I might be asking too much from the team but I just think that this would be more realistic and really awesome!
    Thanks in advance

^ i believe its not possible to have them both. only the stone forts or the wooden death trap forts. Considering that stone forts which look like mini castles were obviously not in the roman era then the EB team might opt for the wooden forts. However, maybe when its possible someone will modify and make new wooden forts that better represent them historically or someone could modify them and make them appear like mini cities or nomad villages? which can be implemented in a manner like DotS to make up for the limit of provinces?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

yeah that will be pretty awesome

Will you include the retrain of mercenary units in settlements like MTW2 and Kingdoms?
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by COMIS -3- ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ View Post
    Will you include the retrain of mercenary units in settlements like MTW2 and Kingdoms?

If they do i hope they add a building that is a cross between a marketplace and barracks to allow the recruiting and retraining of mercenaries

Leonidas i don't believe that recruiting mercs is a good idea,but i will like to see more regional units similar to the merc pool of the region
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    If they do i hope they add a building that is a cross between a marketplace and barracks to allow the recruiting and retraining of mercenaries
    in MTW II mercenaries are already retrainable..

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

I don't think there is any way to disable the ability to retrain mercenaries garrisoned in regions with more of that mercenary type available in the pool.

Who know if the team of EB and EB2 could be interest to create a EB3 mod for Empire Total War with Roman naval battle ? (yes i know, it need a creazy work for create Roman naval battleships !!)

And for a preview about Roman Faction, are you agree to do it ? Or post new screen about roman army ?
    Last edited by super_newbie_pro; August 04, 2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: error english
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

It is currently far too early to say whether or not there will be an "EB III", especially given that EB II is still unfinished and is currently being worked on. As for an EB II Romani preview, you will have to wait and see.

I Am Herenow

BritPatriot1815's Avatar Ducenarius
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

Heya, this mod has been under-construction for quite a while now is there any chance of a percentage of how much has been done, I'm ure it's gonna be a kick-chuck-norris-down-the-stairs mod but i'm just curious
    How far will I go for Rome? At least to the end of the street, I hate walking

The answer will either be "We're working on it", or "It's done when it's done". Taking all bets.

Quote Originally Posted by BritPatriot1815 View Post
    Heya, this mod has been under-construction for quite a while now is there any chance of a percentage of how much has been done, I'm ure it's gonna be a kick-chuck-norris-down-the-stairs mod but i'm just curious
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240195

edit: Too bad, it's the "it's impossible to know a percentage"-answer.

I'm not sure if you guys can clearly answer such a specific answer at the moment, but as a huge EB fan I'll have at it.

As you guys have seen in Kingsdoms the AI can be greatly improved ( The AI in SS is simply amazing to me compared to vanilla). Now in regards to it attacking, can we expect the AI to wait to attack until it has a large army capable of dealing heavy damage, or will it be more random in that sense.

Also, I read that you plan on having Kleuorch(sp) Phalangites garrison for free by certain factions, but give them an extremely expensive upkeep when out of garrison. Won't this severly hamper the AI's income? I don't think it recognizes free garrisons and and such... correct me if I'm wrong

Also, I heard the Diplomacy AI and is not linked to the AI that makes movements and other actions in the world, is this true? If so do you guys have any plan for helping out this issue?

to be honest, considering the AI's incompetence when dealing with units and upkeep i have been trying to find some better ways to go around this problem. I thought of scripting the AI to automatically come up with simple armies based on their number of settlements and percentage of religious followers when they declare war while these armies automatically disband when they proclaim a ceasefire.

the problem here is they would always appear at the capital, regardless if the faction's capital has already been taken. however, considering the conquest of the capital normally resulted in the destruction of the faction for it to work would mean the capital should be the last territory any player or AI capture meaning not only well defended (garrison scripts) but hard to maintain if captured.
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; September 01, 2009 at 07:12 AM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Quote Originally Posted by super_newbie_pro View Post
    Who know if the team of EB and EB2 could be interest to create a EB3 mod for Empire Total War with Roman naval battle ? (yes i know, it need a creazy work for create Roman naval battleships !!)

And for a preview about Roman Faction, are you agree to do it ? Or post new screen about roman army ?
    If there's going to be an EBIII it will not be for ETW, and NTW either. Too uncompatibel.