Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    I remember asking about this quite some time ago. I suspect the issue here is that the charge value displayed on the unit card is the value associated with the primary weapon of the unit, which in these cases is the javelin these units throw before the charge. For the actual charge value of their melee weapons (which should be a lot higher), one has to find the units in question in the EDU and look up the values associated with their secondary weapons.

Should the charge value of 1 be assigned to the secondary weapons of these units and if you have taken said value from the EDU already, I apologize for my incorrect assumptions.
    Precisely, as I keep telling people again and again, for javelin-throwing units, the unit card is wrong. It is not displaying their melee charge value, but their missile charge value. Which is actually 0, but for some reason it can't display 0, so it shows as 1.

If you want to know the actual stats of a unit, go and look them up in the export_descr_units, half the time the unit card is either wrong, or displaying the wrong information.

Thanks for the answer about the celtic units Quintus, I was really curious about those.

Quintus and Cohors are correct, the visible charge stats of javelin armed units are not their melee one.
    However, I'm still not satisfied with them. It just doesn't seem strong enough to be a battle winning factor.

Batoroi - melee charge 10.
    Uisusparos Kingetoi - melee charge 14 - that's OKish
    Gargokladioi - a LOW melee charge of 4.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Are the seleucids supposed to ba able to recruit baktrioi Hippotoxotai in Antiocheia margiane? i always thought they were a faction specific unit to bactria^^ also as i'm not that far in my campaign: are seleucids able to recruit Khuveshavagan?

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Are the seleucids supposed to ba able to recruit baktrioi Hippotoxotai in Antiocheia margiane? i always thought they were a faction specific unit to bactria^^
    They're specific to the region, not the faction. Any Hellenistic faction in the right area can recruit them.

also as i'm not that far in my campaign: are seleucids able to recruit Khuveshavagan?
    No, only Hayasdan, Pontos and Pahlava can recruit them.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No, only Hayasdan, Pontos and Pahlava can recruit them.
    Ah cool thx for the answer. Why did the team change their mind about them being available for the seleucids? It would make sense for the seleucids to use persian nobles in the battlefield

Edit: btw i read in the preview for pergamon that it could be possible that pergamon gets hellenic cataphracts. Is this true (cough i hope not^^)
    Last edited by alex33; September 01, 2015 at 10:53 AM.

Ah cool thx for the answer. Why did the team change their mind about them being available for the seleucids? It would make sense for the seleucids to use persian nobles in the battlefield

Edit: btw i read in the preview for pergamon that it could be possible that pergamon gets hellenic cataphracts. Is this true (cough i hope not^^)
    I don't know that anyone changed their mind - I can't see that they were available in any building before. The top tier of the Native Colony would be the most natural place for them.

Hellenic Kataphraktoi are a Thorakitai Reform-era unit. Not sure whether Pergamon get them too.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I don't know that anyone changed their mind - I can't see that they were available in any building before. The top tier of the Native Colony would be the most natural place for them.

Hellenic Kataphraktoi are a Thorakitai Reform-era unit. Not sure whether Pergamon get them too.
    That's bc the seleucids had them in eb 1 thats what i ment^^

well i dont think they would make much sense for pergamon. The seleucids and the bactrians had experience with them because they fought the parthians and the saka while the pergamese didn't fight anyone with cataphracts. But thats just my opinion^^
    Last edited by alex33; September 02, 2015 at 06:00 AM.

well i dont think they would make much sense for pergamon. The seleucids and the bactrians had experience with them because they fought the parthians and the saka while the pergamese didn't fight anyone with cataphracts. But thats just my opinion^^
    Except maybe the Seleucids? Or perhaps they adopted heavily-armored shock cavalry without having fought against them; after all, military technology isn't only spread by conflict.

I mean, if the EB team has evidence that Pergamon used cataphract-type cavalry, then I'd say go for it. Otherwise, I guess it would seem like an odd inclusion.

if pergamon had them historically than sure why not. But if they didn't have them they shouldn't be an AOR unit for Hellenic factions. It would kinda kill the uniqueness of the seleucids. As there are no argyraspidai they lack any "unique" units to their faction.

Will italian units like the samnites, campanian cavalry and so on return to eb? The unit description of the sabellian units sounds as if there wouldn't be specific italian units.
    Will there also be camillian pedites extraordinarii? the twitter pic specifically says polybian.

,Will thessalian cavalry elite tarantine cavalry and heitairoi aspidophoroi be included in the mod? not in the autum release but if those units return in general^^
    Last edited by alex33; September 03, 2015 at 08:14 AM.

There are more Italian units intended (Lucanian, Campanian, Oscan, Tarentine); there was a decision to get some units suitable for all three Roman eras into the next release, rather than completing any one era. While Camillian is pretty much done from a Roman perspective, there are more Polybian and Marian units to come even after those. There are no plans for Camillian Extraordinarii - infantry or cavalry.

Thessalians are in the autumn release. Hippeis Tarentinoi and Hetairoi Aspidophoroi are planned but not done yet.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Will there be an Illyrian faction in the future?
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Can't say yet.

My guess (or hope) is that one of the two factions remaining will either be illyrian or thracian^^ both would be quite interesting

Raetic or Belgic tribe might be good choice along with Ilyrian but my favourite is definitely Syracuse.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

i thing there is a possibility that the new provinses were added recently have to do with one of the new faction.why add new cities so that only rebels will have them
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Which provinces added?

Which provinces added?
    See the screenshot in this post.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

What is that thing on the Kimmerios faction symbol?

Is the 3 attack value of iberian scutari and indian spearmen intended? If so, why?