Page 5 of 253 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Foederatus

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

ok thank you for the infos

about the emerging and unplayable factions, yeah sure it's very fine that you give us the opportunity to play with all factions, but if, for a very special *features* (don't know how to describe it), you need an unplayable faction, i don't mind it lol...
    and in fact, about emerging, it reminds me I wanted to search for a Forum that explains why in M2TW it is not possible to apply a mod so we can play with an emerging one... i'll search

and about the Getai, because I'm an interested reader of ancient history lol, I remembered that the Getai is a thracian tribe, or maybe the most famous and greatest Dacian tribe (it is confusing...) ... i surely know that the Dacians were named like that by the Romans, but I've read some infos telling that we may almost say that, even if Dacians were basically Thracians, Dacians and Thracians can be considered to be two distincs groups....
    so now, who is more right? lol

Icon5 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

:hmmm:I don't know if this would work in EB's time period but this mod i found allows castles inside cities or something like that.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187774

I to them recommend boys implement the AI of xerix, they say that it has improved very much the campaign and the battles or already they implemented it

It is true that the vanilla AI is a shame... How many time did I win a battle without fighting... Just with archers in my walls and balistae in my tours...

In the campain map, the AI is not good too. The diplomatic does not work. They ask a peace and attack you just after that. They ask you to be vassal, you accept and then, they siege your cities. then they ask you to be vassal, and the sieges break, and then... they give siege to your cities...

They attack your cities with two units but they have 60 units waiting. When the two units are dead (your city have 10 units), they come back with... two units, 58 units waiting. They produce two unit to full the 58 into 60 units, and when the two unit sieging your town ged down, everything restart again and again and again.

No, vanilla AI is a shame... But when you have a rich mod like EB, you try to see the good part and deal with thoses stupids things !

The xerix mod improve a lot the AI

Quote Originally Posted by Floren d'Asteneuz View Post
    They attack your cities with two units but they have 60 units waiting. When the two units are dead (your city have 10 units), they come back with... two units, 58 units waiting. They produce two unit to full the 58 into 60 units, and when the two unit sieging your town ged down, everything restart again and again and again.
    Didn't you know? That is all apart of their master plan! The AI has read Sun Tsu. Eventually they will wear down your ten units so much, that their two will beat you!
    Deus posuit, id decuit, ergo fecit.

The problem is, troops don't get tired after a battle has ended. You start the next battle with troops that is Fresh and well rested.

The concept of getting hammered and decreasing moral on the campaign map is not that.

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ray243 View Post
    The problem is, troops don't get tired after a battle has ended. You start the next battle with troops that is Fresh and well rested.
    That is no problem. Each turn is representing several months so I'm sure they can rest even with several battles in the same turn.

Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    I think the EB website would be a good start. For the record, the antesignani unit is controversial and will probably be completely redone for EB2.

Notably absent is the famous Roman segmented armour (lorica segmentata). There are several reasons for this, but it is mostly because LS first appears AD 9, at the very end of the mod's time-frame, and would not become common until half a century later. Also, even at the height of its popularity, many if not most legionaries would have worn chainmail.
    Although I'm not really in favor of adding lorica segmentata, M2TW allows for texture change with armour upgrades. I think a unit can have up to 3, and the game allows for 6 different levels of armour. It could be possible to add the lorica segmentata as a texture that would come into effect of Legions which have been upgraded, no need to waist a unit slot, just a possible armour upgrade.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

The effects of armor upgrades are hardcoded, though, and don't really match up with the EB stating system as wanted.

Also, armor upgrades might already have another job that isn't upgrades to armor...

*Gasp* reforms?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Will Rome have royal houses?
    Will Pergamum start with more then one city?
    Worst part of trying to express a point is when someone says what you said better and gets praised.

Citizen

Royal houses? You mean the cognoman naming system and such?

Unless the map is changed, Pergamon will only start with Pergamon.

1. I mean like as in Family's like ethnicities
    Worst part of trying to express a point is when someone says what you said better and gets praised.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    The effects of armor upgrades are hardcoded, though, and don't really match up with the EB stating system as wanted.

Also, armor upgrades might already have another job that isn't upgrades to armor...
    Will this involve the texture changing nature of armour upgrades?

I can see that it would be possible to use textures to represent some reform changes. For example using a single weapon object on the principes that is both sword and spear but the texture masks out the sword for the Camillan principes and the spear for the Polybian principes. still it wouldn't be an idea solution as Camillan principes and Polybian principes could not be merged.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zhang Ku View Post
    1. I mean like as in Family's like ethnicities
    Already included in EB1.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    Will this involve the texture changing nature of armour upgrades?

I can see that it would be possible to use textures to represent some reform changes. For example using a single weapon object on the principes that is both sword and spear but the texture masks out the sword for the Camillan principes and the spear for the Polybian principes. still it wouldn't be an idea solution as Camillan principes and Polybian principes could not be merged.
    AFAIK this is what the team intends, although your example probably won't work because spear and sword have different attack factors and bonuses.

M2TW generals no longer have Influence and management attributes, instead they have piety (which effects the happiness and the general with the highest piety will be the governor) and Chivalry/Dread (which also effects happiness levels).

Will they be left as is?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Citizen

The generals' attributes are relatively editable and will be in EBII. How, I'm not exactly sure on and is probably a secret.

Senator

I am not sure whether this has already been asked, but will PSFs be used in order to flesh out the map and add more 'settlements'?; many other Kingdoms mods are doing this.

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

PSF are going to be used, although the team has not specified how (link).