Thread: unit sounds

Default unit sounds

i've added some new spartan units and i would like them all to say "spartan hoplites" and everything else the regular spartan hoplite say when you click them. i tried it myself after searching around this forum.

i added their entries in export_descr_sounds_unit_voice by copying and pasting the spartan hoplite part a few times and changing the unit name. then i went into the sounds file and deleted events.dat.. is that it? it doesnt work. is it even possible? thanks in advance.

Default Re: unit sounds

Do a search in export_descr_sounds_units_voice for the vanilla unit and find all instances where it is mentioned. Add the name of you unit after it as in the example bellow(this name is the title of the EDU entry):

Code:
    				unit greek hoplite spartan, new unit
    				event
    					folder data/sounds/Voice/Human/Localized/Battle_Map
    					Greek_General_1_name_greek_hoplite_spartan_1.wav
    					Greek_General_1_name_greek_hoplite_spartan_2.wav
    					Greek_General_1_name_greek_hoplite_spartan_3.wav
    					group
    				end
    And you don`t need to delete the events file because it doesn`t regenerate like the map.rwm. Just rename it to oldevents and it`s the same, but you don`t lose the file this way.

Also, if you want your new units to have sounds for charge, celebrate and so on you need to add the new unit to the following files too:

descr_sounds_units_celebrate
    descr_sounds_units_charge
    descr_sounds_unit_retreat
    descr_sounds_units_taunt - if it has a warcry ability you should add it to the warcry section at the end of the file too
    descr_sounds_units_fire - slingers and javelin armed cavalry only iirc

Except the last one, they`re all culutre specific so you need to add the unti at the end of the desired group. In your case after the greek units. There are a few other files for artillery units, chariots and elephant units, but I won`t bother you with them.

Default Re: unit sounds

thank you so much florin it really helped alot