Thread: always ctds in battles

Default always ctds in battles

I always get ctds when i see the loading screen of a battle....

Ramah's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: always ctds in battles

I have the same problem.

The system.log looks like this:
    Code:
    19:37:01.640 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    19:37:01.640 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    19:37:01.640 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    19:37:01.640 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    19:37:01.640 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

read the read this thread in here.

post your system log.
    my other horse is a space ship

Probably a bad installation again.

PS: I really do not understand how people only install one part.. Not saying the OP has done that necessarily.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Just want to start the battle and after my General was shown, the game crashes... not just to desktop but the computer restarts...
    here are the lines from the system log file:
    23:20:22.500 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    23:20:22.531 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    23:20:22.531 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    23:20:22.546 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    23:20:22.546 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    23:20:22.546 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

i made a clean installation from medieval 2, after that the updates to 1.3, then i installed kingdoms. the first time i patched it to 1.5, thought there is the fault but when i installed it all new i left it at version 1.4 and installed BOTH parts of stainless steel... still crashing at the beginning of the battle...

EDIT: didnīt change anything, just uninstalled everything and made a new installation, again... now it seems to function, but i donīt know why... Nevermind, just costed 3 days of installation and uninstallation... Hope it ll last now.
    Last edited by Holgen; May 04, 2008 at 04:44 AM.