Page 142 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4292117132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 2866

Thread: -- Preview of Elves --

Default Re: -- Preview of Elves --

couldnt you make a Trait or retinue that made more people recover from battle? its possible

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

@Christof MTW2 also has ancillaries that boost troops healing rate...Haven't none of you get Holy Grail? He increases chances of casualties healing.The thing is that without an ancillary it's possible to change healing rate only for ALL factions.So may be some ancillaries for Elves or Gondor?

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

Theres a 'doctor' and 'chirurgeon' ancillary. They increase chance of recovering men.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

You mean in TATW or in MTW2? haven't seen doctors etc in medieval2

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

Well they were in Rome....so i assumed they'd be in M2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Since he hasn't read the books I doubt that will help him much.

Try this link Walker, it has all you need to know explained in the most concise way possible: http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/e/elves.html It still requires some patience to read though.

Silva is simply a Latin word for forest/woods so Silvan Elves are basically Wood Elves.

Thx 4 Link. Much Appreciation

MDT's Avatar Decanus

Don't know if that's been asked, but what are Warriors of Mithlond based on (lore) and how can they be better than Eldar Swordsmen? (and why aren't they restricted to Mithlond? )

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

No, they aren't based on the lore. They are better than Eldar Swordsmen since Eldar Swordsmen are basic heavy infantry unit of High Elves while Warriors of Mithlond are sort of elite unit. In my opinion they should be Mithlond AOR but that hasn't been done yet.

MDT's Avatar Decanus

It somehow ruins this faction for me, when I read the unit descriptions of Eldar Swordsmen and Warriors of Mithlond and then compare their stats.
    Or better say it quite ruins the feeling, this faction would have.
    Last edited by MDT; May 03, 2009 at 12:44 PM.

thats awesome !!!!!!!!!!!

Will the Elves of Lothlorien and Mirkwood be separate in future releases or is having them as a single, united faction intentional for the sake of game balance?
    Last edited by bilwit; July 09, 2009 at 07:38 PM.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

The team has said that they'll split up in 2 factions in future releases

there are some of ancillaries which increases battle surgery ( increase chance of recovering men):
    lembas for elves and lash of something for orcs of the misty mountains and isengard

edit: crap this post was some time ago :'(

Just a suggestion... but do you think the Silvan elves would look more chic if they had darker cloaks and sprites that matched that? haha D:

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Chic? Well I don't know about that, this isn't exactly the Gucci fashion design community, but I see what u mean about the colour schemes. Hopefully the faction's units will be updated to that of Dale standards.

Evan

Quote Originally Posted by MDT View Post
    Don't know if that's been asked, but what are Warriors of Mithlond based on (lore) and how can they be better than Eldar Swordsmen? (and why aren't they restricted to Mithlond? )
    EXACTLY!! And if you already read The Silmarillion, when you hear about "Warriors of Mithlond", I at least would imagine a unit of sindar elves, probably some sort of hybryd sword-bow unit, highly effective, but expensive and limited to Mithlond, and what I see here is a unit recruitable everywhere and that corresponds to my idea of Eldar/Noldor Nobles, the fine elite warriors of the firstborne. As said above, besides the mod being just awesome, and the modders work too, this is the kind of small detail that kind of takes off the feeling of it...

Another small thing that constantly annoys me is the elven generals/captains for BOTH elven faction being basically the same unit... look at the Silvan Generals, in the battle field they are kind of a dismounted noldor general, and even the cloak is like if he is mounted, and he is dark-haired. We know that silvans caan be dark-haired, but they are of Teleri bloodline, so i would imagine their higher rank officers as blonde or something like... particulary, I think Haldir's model is great, and could be used for other generals, as I don't see Haldir as a major character, he only appears in the movie and is, basically, just a silvan general.

Haldir doesn't appear only in the movie.

Nevertheless I would agree that he is not that important...

But were did you get the information that Teleri were blonde? As far as I know only the Vanyar were all blond and the house of Finarfin (because of Vanyar blood), which Galadriel belonged to. Except for these, most elves were dark-haired. At one point it is said that Thranduil was blonde and so it might be reasonable to conclude that his son Legolas was too, but that are the only references to blond Sylvan Elves of which I know.

Sorry, I didn't express myself correctly...

Haldir doesn't appear as a MAJOR CHARCTHER in the book, he is just the captain of the silvan elves that patrol Lorien's borders. And as far as I know, in the Silmarillion it talks about Teleri being light haired (not all, but most), and I remember the House of Finarfin having Teleri blood, as they were somehow related to Olwë, but I might be mistaken, and I don't have the book with me to check =/

anyway, what I was trying to call the attention is that all the elves captain/generals seem basically the same unit, and how it kinds of destroys the feeling... in battle mode, silvan generals are almost exactly the same as noldor generals, and don't even have the green cloaks they have in the campaign map to distinguish them... =/

Teleri don't have blond hair. Only Vanyar got.