Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Which game in youre opinion had the best storyline

I would definitely say Mafia, the characters were interesting and probably the best ending ever, it was like playing a movie.

totally agree... either that or Max Payne..

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Halo.

Halo.
    Damn right, brother!

Halo.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Emperor Dimitricus's Avatar Royal Corps Of Signals

i would say metal gear solid, the first one on the PSX.

qnzkid711's Avatar Senator

Mmmm... Thats a toughy. But yea I agree with Metal Gear Solid 1. An decent amount of plot twists, cool characters, great character development and the pace of the story was excellent, however at times it did get a little fast.

Mafia by far. Whoever says Halo is just a fan boy. Im sorry, but Halo's story wasn't that great. Play mafia... my god thats a good ending.

The Metal Gear solid series have pretty wacked storylines :p
    Still good though.

On the other hand, Halo didn't had a complex storyline (and I wouldn't say it's the best one of all either), but I still consider it to be one of the best shooters ever.

To answer the question... I think the Baldur's Gate series had a very great plot, especially the first. Planescape Torment was also very great storywise. Very original.

But I never played Mafia

Can we choose any game?

The game with the best story for me, would have to either Fallout 2 (PC) , loved the setting and storylines. the ending would be different depending on your actions in the game and would cycle through the places in the game telling you what happens to them in the future.
    In a adventure/FPS game i would also say Mafia(PC) (it does have a good ending, and the scripted sequences are also very well done - remember the shoot out in the car park during the drink deal?) closely followed by 'Blood Omen Legacy Of Kain' on the playstation (playing a evil vampire was a interesting experience combined wtih strong characters and a enigmatic storyline).

~Cent~

Dunno...prolly the Age of empires campaigns.

Legacy of Kain had tremendous dialog. It was one of the best ever in gaming.

Baldurs Gate series. 1 thru Throne of Baal. I'm the egomaniacal take-over-the-world power-gaming kind of person, so it suits me nicely.
    Back to play MTW2...

Senator

- Operation Flashpoint: very dynamic too. I got sacked once and sometimes even promoted .
    - Diablo 1 en 2: amazing..
    - Half-Life 1
    - Zelda games
    - Eternal Darkness
    - Resident Evil series: lame but I just wanted to know it all
    - Mafia

I cannot decide :p.

I liked the way Max Payne 2 was told. In a sort of Cin City, dark, moody atmosphere. Best story in terms of intellectual quality, and ability to keep you on the edge of your seat, not sure. But of the games I've played, KOTOR would come close. Though nto too much in terms of intellectual quality.

By intellectual quality, I mean something along the lien sof All Quiet on the Western Front, or a Shakespeare novel. Something that gives you a message, which isn't cliched, like..."THE GOVT SUCKS OMG!!! LOLOL"

Max Payne 1 seemed much darker than 2. I guess it was the locations. Also it was rarely that there were many comedy reliefs in that one. Not only that but the high scenes were downright scary, the ones with the baby crying. Though they became very tedious.

eldaran's Avatar Speshul

KOTOR probably in my opinion. Superb storyline, with an excellent twist, and consistently well told all the way through. The Baldurs Gate series also have a good story, and again it's well told throughout.

I'm not sure what story some people are seeing in Halo tbh - perhaps i'm missing something.

Under the patronage of the original and the best: Wild Bill Kelso

Originally posted by eldaran@Jan 31 2005, 09:28 PM
    KOTOR probably in my opinion. Superb storyline, with an excellent twist, and consistently well told all the way through. The Baldurs Gate series also have a good story, and again it's well told throughout.

I'm not sure what story some people are seeing in Halo tbh - perhaps i'm missing something.
    Kotor had an excellent twist???

Yeah, right.

I guessed I was *Spoiler* Revan a few minutes after I got the Jedi initiation missions.
    Back to play MTW2...

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Hands down, Diablo 1 and 2, Still cant get enough of that game. Awesome storyline.

I like metal gear solid series, especially snake eater, cool story about the boss. I like resident evil series, mostly the early releases then it got gay. I also like the fatal frame series. Japan makes the best and scariest movies/games. One of my all time favorites, Final Fantasy VII, that was the bomb, so was FFII and FFIII US release for snes.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast