Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [SS AAR] An Empire Reforged

Default Re: An Empire Reforged

Forget that! Dump a bucket of cold water! Get the smelling salts! ANYTHING!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Put it on fire?

more posts or face the axe!

Awww, I just found this AAR today, and it was looking so good. To find out that it's dead, even though he was at such a strong point in the plot makes me sad.

I know....

Put it on fire?
    Put it on fire?
    Put it on fire?
    Put it on fire?
    Put it on fire?
    Wouldn't that kill it? More?

EDIT: Lol, that looks funny.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Woah, been so busy I totally forgot about this

I'm involved (I think) with a soon to be launched community AAR, but I finish my teacher training next week and will have a lot of free time while I search for a job. Expect the next update by the weekend.

Alesandro still lives.

Indefinitely Banned

HOOORAYYY!!!!
    IT WORKED!!
    <puts away defibrillators>
    Vor, with so many fans how can u say no to us

Foederatus

Very nice work, it inspired me to start playing again. Thank you very much for inspiring me to download SS and enjoy a TW-game again! Thanks again, and again!

(PS when can I give rep? Do I need some amount of decent and usefull posts? Then you get it from me)

juhu!!!! its stil alive!!! looking forward to more exciting reading

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    Very nice work, it inspired me to start playing again. Thank you very much for inspiring me to download SS and enjoy a TW-game again! Thanks again, and again!

(PS when can I give rep? Do I need some amount of decent and usefull posts? Then you get it from me)
    I think that you have to have like 40 or 50 posts to be able to give rep

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ToroCici View Post

Sounds fair enough, thnx for info.

Quote Originally Posted by ToroCici View Post
    juhu!!!! its stil alive!!! looking forward to more exciting reading

It is indeed 50.

I think using the Tazor worked...

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    WE CAN BE FREINDS AGAIN
    ITS BACK, MY FAV AAR IS BACK

masterbaker's Avatar Decanus

Nice, lets hope for the first update soon, and good luck Vor with your new career.

I've started work on the next update. Expect it tomorrow morning.

Yay!
    "...Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of Hell
    Rode the six hundred.
    " - Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Here in Spain its already morning!!! Where's the update???

Tragic Victory

“We outnumber the defenders my Liege,” one of the infantry commanders began “I foresee no trouble in taking the city within a day of breaching the walls.”

“Your confidence is inspiring Antonio, but the days when the man with the largest army being guaranteed a victory are long since over. Even if we take the city this day.. the Pope will not be pleased. The other Catholic leaders will also be a problem. France and Poland support us. But the Germanic Pretenders will be baying for my blood. Spain and Aragon will gaze across the Balearic Sea with suspicion and fear. Hungry will stand upon the shores of the Adriatic and dream of the riches conquering Italy would bring them.”

“The Empire is strong Lord Allesandro. You have made it strong. If those nations wish for war, then it is they who will regret it in the end. Gone are the days when Venice cowers behind its walls, respected only for its merchants.”

“Venice and the Empire is indeed strong Antonio.. but are we yet strong enough to fight the forces of Europe if they unite? But no matter. Today we capture Genoa. Tonight we feast. Tomorrow we worry what the future will hold.” Alessandro grinned. “Are the men ready?”

“They are, Liege.”

“Then by god, let us begin.”

The walls of Genoa where thick, but they crumbled into dust eventually

Within minutes of the walls coming down Captain Antonio had lead his unit of elite royal guards through the gap and into the fray. The initial clash was bloody and costly to both sides, but the Venitian troops came off the worst, as is expected when one attacks a city.

Eventually however the tide began to turn. Alessandro sent up more troops while the Genoan Doge withdrew more and more men to form a protective cordon around the town square.

As the morning drew to a close and the baking midday sun rose high into the sky the troops of Second Roman Empire began to make large gains, capturing roughly one third of the city.

The majority of his army had still not been sent into the city and already the enemy where under major pressure, and when the main gate also fell Alessandro knew the city was his.

As his men through open the city gates Alessandro lead the charge himself and drove his cavalry deep into the heart of the enemy lines. Knowing they where defeated many of the Genoan troops fled the field and returned to cower in their homes, throwing down their arms and removing their armour. Alessandro couldn’t blame those men for their cowardice. They never stood a chance when their leader was only concerned about his own fate. Once the battle was over he decided he would offer clemency to all enemy combatants that swore allegiance to the Second Roman Empire. But for now he returned his attention to winning the final battle.

Marshalling his cavalry Alessandro lead the last charge into the lines of Royal Guards defending to Doge of Genoa.

The battle was bloody, but quick. Both sets of men where the best their respective nations had to offer, and both where fresh having played little part in the main battle.

Within 20 minutes both the Genoan Doge and his top general lay dead on the street. Alessandro had claimed a famous victory this day, and the 2nd Roman Empire had taken a city of vital economic and military importance.

Removing his helmet Alessandro looked around and grinned. “WE DID IT LADS!” he roared. “WE DID IT!”

Antonio saw the archer but there was nothing he could do. “MY LORD! GET DOW…” Too late. The arrow hit Alessandro just above the left eye.

The leader of the 2nd Roman Empire died instantly. His men stood in shocked silence, while a few set upon the loan archer, ripping him to shreds.

Last edited by Vor; June 12, 2008 at 06:19 AM.

Uff, you have a gift for dramatic endings Excellent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vor View Post

Alesandro still lives.
    Guess I spoke too soon huh?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast