Thread: Liquid cooling

I had some questions about liquid cooling, what are the pros and cons? Do you need an external machine to cool the liquid? Do you need a particular case or can you put in any case? Is there still air ventilation?

Water cooling uses the water to take the heat away from your processor and graphics card faster than a local heat sink. You still ahve to cool the water before it goes back around the loop, but his can be done at a source away from your HOT objects. Bigger radiators and fans allows more cooling for less noise at the price of size and money.
    Essentially you are using the water to transport the heat away from your CPU quickly resulting in a cooler CPU, so you can get rid of the heat to the air at your own convenience.

You can fit it into a mini tower but it'll be a tight fit. Full tower is probably best for a first time go. Full internal systems are best as you'll soon start getting bored of lobbing the radiator out of the window. Of course you'll want a wiondow so everyone can see you have a water cooled system as well.
    ...but I think Germany with home advantage will raise their game as always for the big ones and win the title. Post #260

No, that isn't a banana

pros include a near-silent sytem, cooler temps (thus better performance), improved ability to overclock...
    the cons - a big one - if it leaks you could fry your system. could be costly to construct as well
    you can cram all the stuff in your case, or you can make an external box - like mine. i know its ugly. but its temporary.

the water box during construction

H2O cooled

all lit up

No, that isn't a banana

here is a good link to some tutorials/faqs about water cooling...linky

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

Virtual-Octane.net
    Overclockers Club.com

These forums are my second home. Tell 'em I sent you.
    You can PM me. I'd be happy to help.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here