Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Its good to see someone like Simetrical is on the lookout for suspicious stuff... Respect man

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Hey Arma, got a question on this.

Do I have to create a game on the actual Rome game in LAN? So far what I understand is I connect to a server and my friend is suppose to find it under his client? Can you be specific?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xARMAGEDDONx View Post
    Hey,

if the program works correct, the client recognizes the changed "quicksave.sav" (date and filesize) and will put itself on top of the screen.

then you have a messagebox there, which ask you, if you are ready with your turn. there you have to click "yes" and the data transfer to the next client will begin.

you can test this, if you start a new multiplayer game and press Ctrl+S for Quicksave. Then the messagebox should appear also.

If you used the mod version of my client, maybe it doesn't work. ;-)

Greets,
    ARMA
    Hey, I have the same problem..
    My friend run the server and the client, he plays Macedons faction and join the server by entering he's IP..
    I open the client, select my Greek faction and join the server too, and it says it's ok.
    My friend click ok Start the game, and the game opens automatically, he set the advisor and when he begin his turn he clik on the advisor and then on the Show-me-how button, so the script is running.....
    He do its turn, and when he click on End Turn a message appears saying that game is saved, but in my client nothing happens, it says
    Player **** > Macedon is at his turn
    and in the client of him is the same........
    So that the Quicksave file doesn't transfer......
    How can I resolve this?
    Thanks in advantage to all

please send me password because xARMAGEDDONx is not online for a looong time

does anyone know the password for the source code i am normally patient but i am sick of w8ing i wanna play lan multiplayer but i cant without the rather annoying password

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Is it an army of alts or just alot of new players converging at once...

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Icon5 Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Hi, I tried to play this on LAN with one of my friends. But when we click "Start Game" only he starts the game.
    He is using vista and I'm using XP. My game path is set correct and I really don't know what is wrong...
    Any suggestions on what to do?

Thank you,
    NoMore

P.S. It is a really cool mod I'm sure

Edit: Ok, the player who plays Scipii or Brutii can play. The other player dosn't get the "Start the game" message you can say "Ok or yes" to... So it's not my game path that is something wrong with.

Please I need some help.

Edit 2: Forget it all... Just me not getting the way this works
    Maybe a better manual would make this better..
    Last edited by NoMore; August 25, 2009 at 10:24 AM.

ok this is realy pissing me off i cant get the multiplayer mod to work its ing dumb can any of u help me

some one can give me the pass?
    xARMAGEDDONx, doesn't awser me :x

Hey Arma,

Just a thought: What happens if both human players fights against an AI and they both win? Or they both loose?
    How can the programe then decide who wins?

Goppelgroove

Hi all,

ice been away for a long time.

but now i am back and i left the password for the source code in the first post.

So dont ask me anymore! Thx!

Greets,
    ARMA

Quote Originally Posted by xARMAGEDDONx View Post
    Hi all,

ice been away for a long time.

but now i am back and i left the password for the source code in the first post.

So dont ask me anymore! Thx!

Greets,
    ARMA
    Can you tell me when the 2 players are connected then the host Click "Start Game" Than only his game rome total war lucnhes .the other player is not. How to connect to the host after he s lunch the game. Thank you so much for this mod Im glad could you tell me the steps after the two players are connected to the client them the host click start game and then what??? ' Thank you Aliez from Bulgaria

Can some one please write a proper guide on how to use this, or try and tell me why my game wont launch up when i hit start game?

Or you can tell me a day and I can bring you on my ventrilo server and you can explain it to me on there?
    Last edited by leon777; December 20, 2009 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leon777 View Post
    ....when i hit start game?
    you're not meant to hit the "start game" button, but to press it.

I dont hit my screen.... but for your sack il say press the start button....

lol i was joking

hey,

this client is nice but when i try to play it with friends it wont launch my rome total war, i bought Rome Total War on steam and it just says "failed to find steam."

i could have fixed this myself by having the client use a shortcut to the rometw.exe with the -steam command behind the path, but as the client automatically selects the .exe file and only accepts the rometw.exe and not a shortcut or anything else, i cant get around this issue.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is this safe to use? i'm a bit cautious seeing how most of the posts in this thread was made by 1-post accounts.

i have a problem

i installed server and client, but if i want to open one of them, it says "please open "RomeTW.exe"!"

what can i do?

i didn´t deactivated my firewall, because i read that than everybody can attack my computer

pls help me

yours, FabiMN

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    Is this safe to use? i'm a bit cautious seeing how most of the posts in this thread was made by 1-post accounts.
    probably because most people are here like me through another forum that recommended to download this game and then when we had problems or just wanted to say thx, we had to make an account and thus the 1-post accounts

Besides do you think if it was a scam all the 1 posters would be asking for help on issues?