Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewH86 View Post
    hey, i've very briefly tested it with my housemate and it works, but his computer sucks and so was trying to get two clients running on my PC. but it keeps coming up with the error: "Anwendung lauft bereits!" which i assume means that the application is already running.

so i tried running it as the Administrator and then a Temporary user but it keeps coming up with that error.

i'm using Vista x64, is there a way I can open two clients on my PC?
    Hey,

@MatthewH86
    you can not run two clients in one pc, cause of program-access reasons. (if i would allow that, the program would crash!) you have to have 2 pc's. sorry.

@Valerius Tiberius
    This uses "Myrddraal's script" too. but it does everything automatically, so you dont need to manage a thing (like changing textfiles, autoload, start rome, end turn, transfering savegames). i designed this program to play in LAN or over the Internet and directly, if everybody is online and sit in front of his pc.
    battles are fought against the AI. thats okay i think, cause if everybody fight against the AI, its fair.

I played the campaign with my brother and it works perfectly. but it takes a long time to do that. one week (3-6 hours per day) or more with 2 players to kick the other out. but therefor you can save the game...

Greets,
    ARMA

Default Re: !!! >> Rome Multiplayer Campaign (!) Mod / Client + Server (RMC) << !!!

If players are on a LAN or using Hamachi are the batlles fought against the AI or can the players fight the battle themselves?If the later dfoes the game take the players to the battlefield or do the players have to do something to setup the battle?

Thx

Team Member--Living in the Day of the Eagle! The Eagle not the Dove--

Hi, will you make it availible to let people fight eachother or let the AI controll forever. I think this is your biggest concern right now.

/ Jakob Grandmaster

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

For some reason my game wont auto start. A friend is hosting and we cant play because everytime we try he ends up with him in the game without me?
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Is there anyone who has the server on 24/7 or something?

Hey Men I'll keep the server jup for a few hours starting now.Join ME!
    I'd really like to check this baby out!

Later

Team Member--Living in the Day of the Eagle! The Eagle not the Dove--

can you join on hamachi server plz
    RomeTW FM1
    Pass:rtw

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So guys, lots of people asking how it works, but not much feedback afterwards!!
    Im curious, is this good to play?

yes its awesome
    I'M BACK

"before him there were tribes, after him, all was possible"

Well me and some guy on hamachi tried it but its not working. After his turn nothing happens.

Hi guys,

i were on holiday, so i couldn't answer.

first of all: the battles are fought against the AI.

@Erik17:
    Well me and some guy on hamachi tried it but its not working. After his turn nothing happens.
    Did you enable the script? followed the instructions? you have to disable network option in the server and enable the script by clicking on the advisor each time you are on turn BEFORE click "end turn" in the game. Maybe your firewall is blocking this program!

So guys, lots of people asking how it works, but not much feedback afterwards!!
    Im curious, is this good to play?
    Yes, i tested it out and it works 100%, but it takes a while playing the campaign.

@Lord Dakier
    For some reason my game wont auto start. A friend is hosting and we cant play because everytime we try he ends up with him in the game without me?
    Have you installed a mod or something like that? Is the application-path setup correct? normally the game auto starts, when you are on turn.

@jakobh94
    Hi, will you make it availible to let people fight eachother or let the AI controll forever. I think this is your biggest concern right now.
    / Jakob Grandmaster
    No, cause thats not possible at the moment or does anyone know how to start a MP-battle with a shortcut?

Hope i could help.

Greets,
    Arma

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

I have two questions,

1. Does this work with mod switcher mods?

2. Can you get it to work with BI?

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    I have two questions,

1. Does this work with mod switcher mods?

2. Can you get it to work with BI?
    Hey,
    dont know if it works with mod switcher mods. havent tested it.

i dont have BI, so i couldnt fix this, sorry.

Greets,
    arma

It should work, the only difference is that the adresses would have \BI\ before \data\, so you would just have to change the files its accessing.I played Mydraal's on BI, the only thing you have to look out for is with BI in the original export_descr_advice.txt some of the help buttons are disabled, but you can easily reactivate them.

Okay, i'll recompile it, so that you have to choose the game path and click an option which game you wanna play.

I load it up in about 10-30 minutes.

Greets,
    ARMA

P.S.: Test it with BI is on your own risk!

i cant find a download link?

Quote Originally Posted by mega nix View Post
    i cant find a download link?
    Well, just look at the first post.

ohh thanks .. but i have a problem, I play a mod called lord of the rings total war, and it is built on alexander .. but I can not start the mod in your program, because I start it by making a shortcut from alexander.exe and in proberties i add : alexander / lotrtw but your program can only start the game by exe and not a shortcut to the exe

sorry for the simplified and bad english
    Last edited by mega nix; August 29, 2008 at 01:25 PM.

and an other thing.. very sadly that you havent figure out yet how to battle human vs human..

then 2 armies attack each other, can you in some way start the custom game and add the same unit that are in the armies.. and then the battle are over use the resolve data to automatic remove the casualties in the campaign..

this is just a wild shot from someone who dident know anything about the egine and its limits..

what about fighting the battles in multiplayer then using the auto win cheat?
    I'M BACK

"before him there were tribes, after him, all was possible"