Thread: Mini-mods and Good work

S.P.Q.R. Praetorian's Avatar Vicarius

Icon10 Mini-mods and Good work

Thanks for making a great mod like this. When I played vanilla I was extremly disappointed in the crappy work done on Hungary and Poland. So far, you guys have done an amazing job with this mod.

Also about the mini-mod for SS 6, maybe I could do that, but you would need to specify everything you wanted first.

Hunnis's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Mini-mods and Good work

it wont be any min mod, if the moder didint change there minds, i still not satisfied whit Hungary in 6.0, the biggest problem is Satu Mare, i don¨t care if the romanians have been there for over 3000 years and hiding in caves in 1000 years :S in mediveal times this was hungarian and they have hungarian names! Satu Mare belongs to modern dat romanian, and Constatniopel belongs to modern day turkey, should we change it to Istanbul becuse it is turkish now? Satu Mare to Szatmár.

I seem to understand you think the citys name should be changed?

yeas, i think it is right and more hisorical if they are and the border are why wrong for Hungary, but eberthing else is perfekt in the game,

Okay, youre from Hungary. Now I know why.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

S.P.Q.R. Praetorian:
    Thanks, the next version will be even better.
    If you wanna do this minimod I suggest to see our map preview for city names and locations, province borders, resources and geography. Szatmár was a noname village in those times. I have strong doubts the SS mapper took any historical maps to his work.
    Alternatively you may see the map of Scytha's Reality Mod. Both of them are good.

Okay thanks!

Just a little confused that all this mod would have is a couple of city names changed.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

It would be your mod. It's up to you.
    All the things I mentioned are changeable on a single afternoon.
    Last edited by Csatádi; April 24, 2008 at 12:39 PM.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnis View Post
    it wont be any min mod, if the moder didint change there minds, i still not satisfied whit Hungary in 6.0, the biggest problem is Satu Mare, i don¨t care if the romanians have been there for over 3000 years and hiding in caves in 1000 years :S in mediveal times this was hungarian and they have hungarian names! Satu Mare belongs to modern dat romanian, and Constatniopel belongs to modern day turkey, should we change it to Istanbul becuse it is turkish now? Satu Mare to Szatmár.
    I feel your pain my friend.
    EDIT: @ Praetorian: Hunnis appears to be swedish, as I appear to be australian, you don't need to be living in Hungary to be annoyed at things like that. I once played a mod that had Constantinople written as Instanbul that was for Civ IV, which angered me even more, and what really bakes my noodle excuse the colloquial) is when the names of Korean cities were Japanised in the 2nd world war. Its not a racial thing that many people get annoyed at, its the History!
    Last edited by \Vazul's Ghost/; April 24, 2008 at 11:27 PM.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

yeas i appear to be swedish hehe and yeas it is the history right should be right, We know that they name is Satu Mare to day but pepole do not need to push it upp are face, it really hurt. And it feels like the evreyboys just ignonre use when we are complaning,

Praetorian: what country are you from ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnis View Post
    yeas i appear to be swedish hehe and yeas it is the history right should be right, We know that they name is Satu Mare to day but pepole do not need to push it upp are face, it really hurt. And it feels like the evreyboys just ignonre use when we are complaning,

Praetorian: what country are you from ?
    Im from US.

This mod may be a good reference for my Central Europe mod.

really are you doing a central europe mod? do MTW2 Kingdoms or are you waiting for ETW to come out and do the modd on that?

It is for Kingdoms. I already have the map going with screens of it. It focuses ONLY on some of the most deprived of fame nations of Central Europe such as Mazovia, Bohemia, Poland, Hungary, Bosnia, and some others. If you click on the "Middle Eastern Europe" mod in my signature you can get the full preview.