Page 9 of 167 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Knights Templar, SS6.1, vh/vh. Year 1219, turn 94. I'm currently at war with the Kwarezmian Empire and the Seltsjuk Sultanate. I just declared war on the Turks so I started the siege of Nicea, Sinop, Isparta and Ceasara. The war with the Kwarezmian Empire is lasting for about 60-70 years. My plan was to wait with my expansion into their territories until the Mongols declare war on them, that way I could steal some of their cities while allowing the Mongols to play with those Kwarezmians a bit. After that I planned to wage war with the Mongols as well. Unfortunatly they just landed north of the Caspian Sea, near the Cuman cities. I hope they will expand south so I can fight them as well. For now I am planning to take over control of Anatolia, blitzing the Turks and throwing the weakened Byzantines out of Asia.

My Templar empire:

It looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast...

Indefinitely Banned
    The People's Glorious Republic of Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    How many of you boys have made it to 1866?

I'm kievan_rus, my most agressive and strongest enemy is the pope!!!
    Emmm....Chaos what kind of map is that?

I know its definitively not SS 6 cos of the Timurid's in Egypt,Ireland has 4 provinces and do I see a bit of New England in the top left corner?

In fact now that i think of it it kind of looks like DLV!!

Burn the HERETIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanIRL View Post
    Emmm....Chaos what kind of map is that?

I know its definitively not SS 6 cos of the Timurid's in Egypt,Ireland has 4 provinces and do I see a bit of New England in the top left corner?

In fact now that i think of it it kind of looks like DLV!!

Burn the HERETIC!!
    That is actually the last turn of my last SS5.1b campaign. I used a mod that added extra regions. You are right, the Timurids have conquered Egypt, and England has destroyed France and contols half of Africa.

DLV has been permantly banned from my computer since repman claimed ownership of those 3 letters...

soon to come....RISE OF THE REICH!!

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Lithuania, Early Era, vh/vh, no mods, just SS6.1

As has been my habit lately, relocating factions must continue! Today's task: Infiltrate the HRE with Lithuania's might and a single priest. WRECK HAVOK!

34 turns in, and we've nearly crushed the entire HRE. First went Madgeburg and Hamburg, giving us instant access to castle units with our remaining 5000(3400 already went to building pagan altars). Then came the immense profit of grabbing Groningen, Cologne, Frankfurt, and Nuremburg, all 4 towns right in a row. Priests recruited, glorious paganism spreads!

Expecting further expansion south, our capital is moved from Vilnius to Nuremburg, leaving our old homelands to rebel. War with Venice and Genoa was inevitable as we pushed to capture all the HRE's lands, eventually taking Milan, Venice, Genoa, Florence, and Bologna. We're 1 turn from taking Rome(the pope's huge armies are fighting sicily, hahahaha)

Somewhere along the lines, the HRE crusaded and captured Cairo... so we will not be on a mission of genocide and extermination, but merely forcing another faction to completely relocate like us! What a world this is turning out to be... look at the templars, they just took Baghdad! Sicily has most of central north africa, and Novgorod and Poland have filled in all the lands that normally would be occupied by our Lithuanian faithful.

Currently our armies are very small, regrouping and rebuilding in Hamburg and Bern for pushes to take Denmark in the North, and the last Genoan holdings in the Southwest. This lack of military force is giving us a nice 7k profit each turn. Trade rights with nearly everyone, and at war with nearly everyone too... oh well, with Poland as our mighty ally, we have free reign to capture the rest of central and western Europe!
    my other horse is a space ship

England VH/VH Mod: 6.1 + RR + SSTC

Last edited by sonle2004; May 24, 2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: more SS

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

you havent expanded much for being in turn 244, and no map info from the rest of the world? You like the turtle tactic huh? Looks pretty sweet!

update #2
    lithuania early era, vh/vh
    after completely relocating from Vilnius to Nuremburg in the heart of the HRE

Turn 51, we've recently wiped out Genoa by taking Cagliari and Ajaccio. The pope is on the run, popping in near rome every few years, only to be chased off by our large Italian army.

After taking most of the HRE in the previous update, the first priority was getting a fortress, Fehervar in Hungary. I'm not much of a builder- my strategy is to take big cities/castles with already developed unit buildings, then build units and keep moving on. This new fortress gave us access to highly advanced Lithuanian units, many armor-piercing/effective against armor. And although Hungary is killing off our marriage-allied Byzantine buddies, we're taking all of Hungary's old homelands.

Denmark disappeared after taking Lund, after trapping the prince and king there during fighting around Roskilde. Much of the catholic factions are at war with us, but the strongest catholic faction, Poland, is our other trusted marriage ally, and they have proven to be worthy friends of the pagans.

France and Aragon both have several large armies hiding in their last regions, so we're being very tentative, building up our forces in Toulouse and Caen, getting ready for the final blow to these once-powerful factions. Leon-Castile has their hands full with the Moors, and should be a good rival with all their javelin missile units. That's about all that we have problems with, so far going 143-6 in battles(ha! very hard my butt.), whenever we're significantly outnumbered by missile units, we have a difficult time winning.

I've been trying to get allied with Sicily since we don't want to be fighting them right now- they have 6(yes, six) massive armies in/around Ragusa, and our forces in the area are very, very weak. We could easily lose Belgrade, Zagreb, and other regions if they decide to attack... thankfully so far they have not! We've offered 50k for an alliance, but it just won't happen.

Many wars have been won simply by morale - our priests(we have 44!) rushed France and caused massive revolts in Rheims, Metz, Clermont, Marseilles, and even Paris. There were almost no battles with the French force, merely rebels. The only drawback is now /all/ those French defenses are now huddled up around Bordeaux.
    Last edited by shenryyr; May 24, 2008 at 02:01 PM.

MORBIDYAM's Avatar Semisalis

Thats cool, did you find it challenging? in my next campaign I might be France, sell all my territories to Ireland and then Move to Visby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    he don't download my mod and say that there are stuff from DLV and BC maybe he Nostradamus
    tAnGeRiNeS fOr ThOuGhT? i ThInK NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by MORBIDYAM View Post
    Thats cool, did you find it challenging? in my next campaign I might be France, sell all my territories to Ireland and then Move to Visby.
    Not yet, but I bet Leon-Castile will be a challenge. Lithuanian units match very well against HRE, Italian, and French forces, but not Poland, that's why I went out of my way to get a marriage alliance with them.

This sort of complete relocation is fun :9 I also did it with the Fatimids moving to Rome, and that campaign was quite entertaining(though their units suck against Italians).

are the Moors the least expansive?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven the Victor View Post
    are the Moors the least expansive?
    Well they took out Portugal pretty quickly in my campaign, but fighting on two fronts very far from each other(Leon-Castile, and also Sicily) makes them susceptible to attacks since they cannot focus on one area. It's difficult for the AI to expand when constantly on the defensive like they are.

Serious J's Avatar Decanus

@ Shenryyr

I'm fond of relocation campaigns as well. I suggest doing it with the Mongols in Rome if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by strife1013 View Post
    you havent expanded much for being in turn 244, and no map info from the rest of the world? You like the turtle tactic huh? Looks pretty sweet!
    lol yeah you can call it turtle tactics but I did mostly trading, and now my army are all professional. They started to cease fire me everytime I attack so its cool.

Indefinitely Banned
    The People's Glorious Republic of Ireland

The Irish Empirehttp://photoshack.com/thumbnails.php?album=4149
    Until i figure out how to circumnavigate the bloody size limit on attachments and pics the hyperlink will have to do.
    Last edited by Fionn son of Cumhaill; May 24, 2008 at 07:46 PM.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanIRL View Post
    The Irish Empirehttp://photoshack.com/thumbnails.php?album=4149
    Until i figure out how to circumnavigate the bloody size limit on attachments and pics the hyperlink will have to do.

Looks great mate! Plus Rep 4 u!

how can i take screenshoots from my campain?

Quote Originally Posted by Giovi View Post
    Press the print screen button, that will make a tga file in your tga folder in your M2 directory. To view the tga file you need a program like IrfanView, it can also convert them to jpg files. The other way is to open a program like paint and the select paste after you have taken the picture. Remember to do it at once, because it is easy to forget
    This is my signature! There are many like it, but this one is mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Giovi View Post
    If you run the game in a window, use ALT+Print Screen to copy just that window.

Babagitta's Avatar Campidoctor

SS6.1 (h/h)
    Just finished my Irish campaign. That was fun.
    Not exactly an Empire but a Confederacy. France, Poland and Norway were faithful friends from the beginning and that was my first plan: do not attack an ally!

And here's the final situation

Heaven has a charismatic Writer now