Page 62 of 167 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667686970717287112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 3338

Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Behold my Ottoman Empire;

Its turn 50 and I am making a good headway into Hungary with my new armies. (All older armies consisting of Azabs and town militia are disbanded).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

For some reason the Explorer guild wanted me to wage war with the Duchy of Norman Sisily and capture their capital (fortress). Therefor a war raged and Sisily's main armies in Italy were crushed. In the mean time I send out a mighty fleet to capture the Sisily city's south of Italy . (Also 3 turns later the councel of nobles wanted me to kick the pope out of Rome ).

The invasion fleet has landed and kingdom of Milan is annoying me with their armies raiding across my lands . So it will be them who will be my next target. (At this point i also vassel the pope because he didnt want ceasefire).

It is 5 turns later and my wrath has come, a young general has emerged among my men who is going to be the nightmare of all who oppose me (has 8 dread already), he is thereby the only dreadful general I have walking around.

As Italy is pacified, I looked for a new target for my warmongering generals. My eye has fallen on the southern part of the map .

Here is a note for all who are trying to balance this game..... The problem is that as soon as I get sea trade, my money explodes to never ever drops again. I mean 1 turn no recruitment = 70-120K (due building flux) (Note that I was broke on turn 30 due to all the crusaders walking through my lands)

Its called spoiler, the red symbol with the white exclamation mark
    or type
    [SPOILERx] whatever the content [/SPOILERx]
    and lose the x´s
    Thank you .
    Last edited by Rupsie; April 30, 2010 at 02:02 PM.

Great campaign
    Its natural that your economy is through the roof, you control more than half of the map. Thats a major flaw in the game i think. Once your empire grows to a certain size, your pretty much unstoppable.
    BYG can help out with that problem (probably, havent tried it yet)

Btw, if you´re, like me, annoyed by the mess of character names on the screen you can switch them off by opening the file:
    Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.cfg
    in your modfolder and changing the line
    label_characters = 1
    to
    label_characters = 0

Wow! All that in only 84 turns... Impressive!

The Ottomans must have crazy population growth to be able to recruit that many units! Never played with them though.
    lol

Woah..that's really damn fast..

With the seljuks, you have a almost ready fortress from the start, forgot the name, its what the AI usual sets as its capital..

anyway, if you play your cards right, you can focus on the byzantines, and take them out, since constantinople is a HUGE boost to your income, usually if you leave them alone 20 first turns, they go to war with either venice or hungary, or both, then you strike..

then if you want fatimid lands, usualy easy, since by then a crusade has been called, so they'll have some tough luck, templars should be easy to remove, the greatest challenege would be the kwarzmians since they have no true enemy but the rebels...

by the time you get byzies out of the game, you'll already unstopable, but with fatimids gone its a sure win xD

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

A week ago I decided to continue my Byzantine campaign I had already started last Autumn.
    I really love playing as Byzantines and rebuild the good old Roman Empire. This is actually third time when I play as the Byzantines in SS. This version is SS 6.2 RR/RC.

So here is my Roman Empire

I have managed to stabilize the Eastern border. I had a long war against Kharezmian Empire and I finally managed to settle peace with them. My only fear is the Mongol Invasion since they will most likely reach my borders relatively soon depending on how Kharezmians can hold them off.

At the Western front my main enemy is Genoa and my plan is to secure Northern Italy. After I have don that I will send my armies south to occupy the lands of Kingdom of Sicily and re-capture Rome.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Sweet. Does anybody have a venetian campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by algorath View Post
    Great campaign
    Its natural that your economy is through the roof, you control more than half of the map. Thats a major flaw in the game i think. Once your empire grows to a certain size, your pretty much unstoppable.
    BYG can help out with that problem (probably, havent tried it yet)

Btw, if you´re, like me, annoyed by the mess of character names on the screen you can switch them off by opening the file:
    Stainless_Steel_Kingdoms.cfg
    in your modfolder and changing the line
    label_characters = 1
    to
    label_characters = 0
    You can also press C+N to remove character names in game Ctrl+T does the same for settlements. Press again to reenable

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Naked Emperor View Post
    Sweet. Does anybody have a venetian campaign?
    Here is my venetian republic. SS6.2 RR Hard/Hard Late campaign.

Republic

Hungarian castle in the middle of my republic? They have been my loyal allies for hundred years. Hungarians vassalised the Romans. After about 50 years the Romans attacked Hungary (attacked by vassals?) and almost devastated them. I saved the hungarians and took their lost regions. Hungary doesn't want to sell Scopia to me so I may need to backstab them.

Family tree is growing nicely. My former doges were Dangerously Mad, but luckily my present leaders are not lunatics. Only a bit extravagant.

The situation in northern-Italy. What's going on with pope?

Map without FOW. I think I'll continue this campaign as there is no clear dominator on the map. Mongols are strong, but on decline. My Venice is actually the second strongest faction.

It took me 105 turns to complete the short campaign. One could say Im a turtler. Im taking my time to develop better troops and bigger settlements. Im also very selective on who I attack, usually only if I'm attacked first. The difference in campaigns is astounding if you compare my progress to those of blizers. I just like this style, no fun in being unbeattable.

I'we had three larger wars. First was the occupation of greek and the first war against the Romans. Second was me against Sicilia-Genoa alliance (I was backstabbed, but luckily the pope sided with me!). Third one was to save my allies from the Roman retaliation. No rushing but big battles and slow advancement.
    Last edited by SirKoskelot; May 07, 2010 at 05:14 AM. Reason: More pics.
    Remember the dead.
    Protect the living.

Yeah...backstabbing in 6.2 has been confusing me lately. I do nothing but tribute money to all my surrounding factions and when they suddenly attack me I am the one that loses reputation and alliances. That or nobody likes Venice / Kiev.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanze View Post
    Yeah...backstabbing in 6.2 has been confusing me lately. I do nothing but tribute money to all my surrounding factions and when they suddenly attack me I am the one that loses reputation and alliances. That or nobody likes Venice / Kiev.
    It is easier to concentrate on tribute to a few neighbors and get them in alliance vs your other neighbors. Just giving tribute makes them stronger and then they ally against you cause you are weak and trying to buy them off. Actually happened often like that in history.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Ever tried creating a new roman empire with the venetians?

Laetus

Around turn 60-80 the Byzantine empire comes to me, the Holy Roman Empire, fresh off my victory over the Genoese and shared victory over the Venetians. At this point I had never been particularly diplomatic. I had trade rights everywhere, controlled Milan and Venice on top of Bologna, sucked up almost all the rebels that surround the HRE in an Early Era campaign, and had an army ready to take Metz from the now excommunicated France.

They came to me and demanded 214 florins. I had something like 3000 sitting in my vault when they came and pulled in around 10-20k a turn.

I refused. On the turn right before my invasion of Metz and France proper, the Byzantine blockade a port and declare war.

So, what happens to an empire when you refuse to give 214 florins to the Byzantine?

As of turn 158

Not depicted: the Jihad that got declared on Vienna because I never had a chance to get around to getting peace with the Fatimid due to the wars.

Seven sons of the Reich have died in battle, and four brothers never had a chance to find wives.

All because I refused the Byzantine empire, forgetting how many allies they had.

An amusing side note, the current emperor is actually the son of an adopted son. Emperor Heinrech the first died around 1160. His son, Heinrech the Second, one of the rebels opposing his father's rule, reigned until 1215. He died peacefully, passing the reigns on to his adopted son Thomas the Wrathful. Who died in his sleep. In 1215.
    Last edited by Incubusion; May 07, 2010 at 05:19 PM.

I'll take that tip into account and try and pit my neighbors against each other rather than team up on me... Still win, but it takes a lot of backdooring and leaves tons of rebels. Casper the mean as greatest general takes the cake btw.

And to stay on topic, my Kiev campaign has expanded to take all of modern russia save cuman territory. After Novgorod failed badly at betraying me and I only have to hold 3 castles against the cuman betrayal...Poland is getting beat pretty bad. Cavalry heavy faction but I barely see any at all, maybe a piast noble here and there but nothing big. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanze View Post
    I'll take that tip into account and try and pit my neighbors against each other rather than team up on me... Still win, but it takes a lot of backdooring and leaves tons of rebels. Casper the mean as greatest general takes the cake btw.

And to stay on topic, my Kiev campaign has expanded to take all of modern russia save cuman territory. After Novgorod failed badly at betraying me and I only have to hold 3 castles against the cuman betrayal...Poland is getting beat pretty bad. Cavalry heavy faction but I barely see any at all, maybe a piast noble here and there but nothing big. Odd.
    They are poor and probably not many castles. If they don't get many castles you won't see their best cavalry units.

Cannibal Corpse's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Here is my english campaign. difficulty: hard/hard. well i guess i am the first person reached immaculate reputation.

another one here. hard/hard again.

Hehe,How'd you get all that money?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteriscoolz View Post
    Hehe,How'd you get all that money?
    I assume "add_money 60000" repeatedly entered into the console had something to do with it...

Although maybe thats just me being a miserable sceptic.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph85 View Post
    I assume "add_money 60000" repeatedly entered into the console had something to do with it...

Although maybe thats just me being a miserable sceptic.
    With a good economy and only let's say two full stacks at a time it's possible to get that much money over about 150 turns.