Page 60 of 167 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465666768697085110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3338

Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Do that many siege weapons in field battles actually do that well? Never use them because I can't stand the slow movement of all those sieges weapons not only on campaign map but also on the battlefield. Maybe if I was playing defensive at a river crossing I could see some utility but it seems a big risk most other battles especially vs many cavalry or fast moving infantry armies.

Haha- that battle with 150 vs 1 AI general is familiar. I've had close to that happen a few times. The worst is when the enemy general is high dread. 1 single general put over 300 troops to flight in one battle. Usually I have a general with 6-10 men left that charges once the enemy general engaged with my troops in front and still lost infantry and my general goes down to just him and his banner guard.

Its great fun to see how someone else plays the game. I noticed however you people take about 100-200 turns for where i take 60 turns, how can this be (never play early campaign only late and very late campaign 6.2 RR/RC VH/VH)
    Here are some pictures from my current Turkish campaign (b.t.w. how can you intergrate the hide function)

While Europe did a crusaide on gaza (egypt) i took down the rest

with the mongols becouse they are so awesome.

10 turns later hugary is a pain due to azabs not liking arrows ,
    but proffesional armys are comming and got 2 citadels already .

One more thing about this mod; as soon as i get sea trade going (around turn 10-20) my money skyrockets from no money to build extra buildings (other than trade) to building everything (armies + buildings) and leaving money over for nexst turn.... (i only accept the explorer guild)

I find playing early era and BGR slows me down more than VH-VH or RR. Early era you can blitz rebel settlements easily and some factions but due to underdeveloped economic buildings and small towns it is difficult to sustain many large armies. With HA faction like Turks or some others you can still expand rapidly with small HA armies but most other factions are stuck until economy catches up. In later era campaigns it is easier to build large armies with more advanced cities and buildings right from the start.

BGR also slows you down dramatically due to huge rebellion risk in newly captured territories and the need to lead almost every army with a general or it will turn rebel. Plus in different religion lands the rebellion risk is even higher so you can blitz your own religion easily but soon as you hit another it slows you down unless you got 6-8 priest/imams converting a couple turns ahead of your invasion.

Also after playing MTW2 for awhile I find the more satisfying games take a bit longer to allow AI to develop and put up a challenge. I used to blitz more, even in early versions of BGR I had a couple games where I reached over 30 territories in about 30 turns as Portugal and Genoa but rushing like that takes away alot of the historical feel of play plus unless you suddenly stop for 50 turns you miss out on the late era units which are fun to play with.
    Last edited by Ichon; April 20, 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Made a video of my empire and my Grandmaster.
    http://www.xfire.com/video/287f1f/
    Last edited by Vespasian92; April 20, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

BGR also slows you down dramatically due to huge rebellion risk in newly captured territories and the need to lead almost every army with a general or it will turn rebel. Plus in different religion lands the rebellion risk is even higher so you can blitz your own religion easily but soon as you hit another it slows you down unless you got 6-8 priest/imams converting a couple turns ahead of your invasion.
    Would you recommend BGR to me? I would love a added difficulty (thank god RR/RC makes it a huge improvement but I still steamroll over the AI after 20/30 turns (I never attack the AI the first 10 turns (excluding rebels)). The only thing I fear for the mod is that my ambition of having a big empire is demolished as troop-movement is impossible without generals. (Without BGR I suffer from a general shortage already...) So is it still easy/doable to move many troops from many different positions from one front to the other in BGR?

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

If you're a beginner, I wouldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Rupsie View Post
    Would you recommend BGR to me? I would love a added difficulty (thank god RR/RC makes it a huge improvement but I still steamroll over the AI after 20/30 turns (I never attack the AI the first 10 turns (excluding rebels)). The only thing I fear for the mod is that my ambition of having a big empire is demolished as troop-movement is impossible without generals. (Without BGR I suffer from a general shortage already...) So is it still easy/doable to move many troops from many different positions from one front to the other in BGR?
    It depends alot on the faction you play. If you don't attack AI first 10 turns but usually still end up steam rolling by turns 20-30 then BGR probably only delay you another 10-15 turns.

If you play campaigns past the point where you have 20 regions then BGR really slows you down as it only allows you to capture regions with 2 generals but you can still fight and defend with all of your other generals. If you have a high authority king rebellion from moving small groups of your units without a general is not too bad but the larger the groups of units and the larger your kingdom the rebellion risk rises even with a high authority king. If your king is young and not very much authority watch out... I've had games where half my troops outside cities rebelled every turn.

Here´s a little update on my KOJ campaign
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Huge battle

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

34000? that shouldn't take too long

Last edited by axnsan; April 23, 2010 at 01:47 AM.

impressive victory. your reinforcement was attacked right?

Pics are in reverse order

This is my humble Denmark empire. It is proving to be a lot harder than I expected. 6.2 with RR/RC and bgr

Kaledon's Avatar Civis

As I found that my campaigns in 1450 were having errors with Byg's, I decided to play a late era game... But I wanted late technology while still using RR/RC. Solution? The long turtle. My Turks migrated to the boot of italy, and took the island of Cagliari as well. We have spent 40 turns. I took Palma as well, and plan not to take another settlement for the next 60-120 turns depending on whether I want to wait for Halberds or not. Bwahaha. Turtle power. I've had to kick the teeth of a few factions so far, but no real difficulty. Islands are pretty secure, although in Byg's factions attack by ship a lot more. I'll post some pics of my campaign at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledon View Post
    As I found that my campaigns in 1450 were having errors with Byg's, I decided to play a late era game... But I wanted late technology while still using RR/RC. Solution? The long turtle. My Turks migrated to the boot of italy, and took the island of Cagliari as well. We have spent 40 turns. I took Palma as well, and plan not to take another settlement for the next 60-120 turns depending on whether I want to wait for Halberds or not. Bwahaha. Turtle power. I've had to kick the teeth of a few factions so far, but no real difficulty. Islands are pretty secure, although in Byg's factions attack by ship a lot more. I'll post some pics of my campaign at some point.
    I am doing the same thing with Venice right now actually. I wanted to try them with their late tech units and role play with navies a bit. I kept Venice, then took Adjuccio, Cagliari, both regions on Sicily, and Iraklion. Gave away or lost the rest. Now I will sit there until at least 1350 or maybe even 1400 and watch what happens. I want Genoa, Turks, France, and Moors to stay alive so I might intervene occasionally to keep them alive if they look in danger of dying but otherwise it will be a long wait. Right now France looks in trouble already around turn 80... it is down to 4 regions. France always seems weak in my games but then I see some peoples screenshots where they do ok. The big surprise this campaign is Lithuania. Already 12 regions and absolutely killing HRE and Novgorod at the same time.

Kaledon's Avatar Civis

Man, I've heard of a few campaigns where Lithuania became a beast... But I haven't ever seen it myself. I'm envious. Also, good to see another person doing the Long Turtle, hehe ^_^.

Kaledon's Avatar Civis

In this campaign I migrated to the boot of Italy, giving my old settlements to various factions in exchange for the money I needed to stay afloat and a ceasefire/alliance with Sicily. I killed off all of my generals other than the leader and his heir. I eventually took Cagliari as it was just too tempting. Palma I took after Aragon declared war on me. I fought the Fatimid, the Genoese and the Crown of Aragon at several points. In most cases I ceasefired with them after crushing an army or two in exchange for their kindly donation of 500 florins per turn for 10 turns. During a Jihad against Toledo I took Zaragoza from the Aragonese and Toledo from Castille. I then traded both settlements to Castille in exchange for florins and a ceasefire. I took Barcelona from the Aragonese after they declared war on me, destroying them in the process. I gave it to the Scottish for more florins, as they were the richest nation that I had a diplomat near.

Still over a century left before the Long Turtle ends.

gving those nice settlements to the fatimids will make them quite OP...

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDevil View Post
    gving those nice settlements to the fatimids will make them quite OP...
    I prefer Migrating the Kwar's and giving everything to the mongolians in Late Era. It makes for exciting times, especially since you are migrating you can afford to thumb your nose at everyone stuck with the boosted Mongolians!