Page 6 of 167 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Indefinitely Banned
    The People's Glorious Republic of Ireland

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by Iustinianos View Post
    Kievan Rus, vh/vh year 1129 A.D

I decided to cancel my Venice campaign and try something completely different, so I picked the Kievan Rus. It's going rather smooth, managed to take a lot of rebel settlement surrounding my empire. Obtained an alliance with Byzantium, Poland, Novgorod and the Kwarzemian Empire. I recently declared war on the Cumans and am currently besieging four of their cities.

You should toggle fog of war when posting Pics of your map

Whoops, wrong forum. Just delete this post.
    Last edited by SSJPabs; April 28, 2008 at 06:01 PM.

So here's my little empire in my first 6.0 game. Started late campaign, Byzantium with h/h difficulty.

I'm filthy rich as I've been in a good state of peace and development since the Turks were wiped out. Oddly enough I ended up killing all their family members before I even got as far as Caesarea and since then I've converted and developed Asia Minor.

Managed to bribe Sofia, Bucharest, Iraklion (Crete) and Antioch from my neighbors with my extreme wealth. Finally made my first aggressive move in the campaign a few turns back. Got an ongoing siege on Ragusa and another full stack moving towards the other Balkan province of Venice. At the same time I'm bribing the Papal States, Hungary and France to keep the Catholics appeased and at bay for the moment.

Hungary has become a puppet state of mine that is increasingly weakening with my bribes and troop/fort occupation.

edit: The Kwarzemian Empire imploded on itself not even ten turns into the game. All its family members were killed fighting rebels (I'm not even joking). Created a huge power vacuum in Persia which the Mongols, Cumans and Crusaders have been rushing to fill up ever since.
    Last edited by Kaiserjagen; April 28, 2008 at 08:03 PM.

nice make me want to go play the byz's yea i think i'll go do that (goes to play the byzantine empire)

Wait, so you are telling me the KoJ is a SUPERPOWER!?! It looks that way from your map...

I never saw that in 5.1. Why has it changed in 6.0?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Biarchus

The KOJ made a land grab after the funney sounding Persian guys fell apart fighting rebels. It is all there in his post, the little sgwigles are words that tell a story

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cursed View Post
    Wait, so you are telling me the KoJ is a SUPERPOWER!?! It looks that way from your map...

I never saw that in 5.1. Why has it changed in 6.0?
    Yeah its quite an interesting campaign so far.

The KOJ has continually defeated the Fatimid armies thrown at them and ex-crusader armies of Aragon, Norway and a few others have wandered and rampaged as well throughout Egypt.

The faction closest to superpower status is the Cumans who stretch from Russia to the middle-east. They even defeated the Mongols in a brief war a few decades back. Thankfully they've been bribed well enough to stay out of my affairs. They've got a Pagan alliance with Lithuania and are now attacking the Novgorod/Kievan Rus alliance.

Cool campaign. Keep updating please, I am interested.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Great campaign Kaiser. The HRE has some spaced out provinces.

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Default Golden Horde

Never played the golden horde before, figured should see how they are.

campaign is vh/vh, no mods, just 6.0

Started out with huge military and huge finances, but losing lots of cash each turn. Time to expand! One army was sent north to Jaiksk, the rest to the much closer Kwarezm, and it wasn't long before we had both factions on the run. Somewhere between turns 10 and 20 we went completely broke and more than half our military had been lost, so I took a few turns break from rampaging to rebuild forces at taken castles Yelabuga and Damghan. From there it was 6 full stacks pushing their weight around, and neither faction stood a chance.

The Kwarezm lucked out by jihading to Jerusalem, so after taking all the rest of their territories, we made peace with them and began war with the Turks. We're profitable again, just barely, but it's a start. After trashing the Cumans, we allied with Lithuania to make peace with the remaining pagans, and opening the opportunity to push through the few leftover Kievan lands after their bloody war with Novgorod.

I love to play fast and take no prisoners, and the Golden Horde provides the perfect launching platform for that style of play. Currently turn 41, and there's no sight of slowing down.
    my other horse is a space ship

Icon1 Re: Golden Horde

Quote Originally Posted by shenryyr View Post
    Never played the golden horde before, figured should see how they are.

campaign is vh/vh, no mods, just 6.0

Started out with huge military and huge finances, but losing lots of cash each turn. Time to expand! One army was sent north to Jaiksk, the rest to the much closer Kwarezm, and it wasn't long before we had both factions on the run. Somewhere between turns 10 and 20 we went completely broke and more than half our military had been lost, so I took a few turns break from rampaging to rebuild forces at taken castles Yelabuga and Damghan. From there it was 6 full stacks pushing their weight around, and neither faction stood a chance.

The Kwarezm lucked out by jihading to Jerusalem, so after taking all the rest of their territories, we made peace with them and began war with the Turks. We're profitable again, just barely, but it's a start. After trashing the Cumans, we allied with Lithuania to make peace with the remaining pagans, and opening the opportunity to push through the few leftover Kievan lands after their bloody war with Novgorod.

I love to play fast and take no prisoners, and the Golden Horde provides the perfect launching platform for that style of play. Currently turn 41, and there's no sight of slowing down.
    woww, good game, makes me wanna play them too.

how do you make this animated picture?

@powerwizard
    photoshop

Started a new campagin because old one CTD.

Jihad

New Emperor Neon
    Corsica, Sardinia and palmas was taken.

The Fatimids was foolish to attack me while a Crusade Boar down.

the ma I am using is the MundusInvictus available for downloads in the download section.
    Last edited by lordyu; April 29, 2008 at 01:10 AM.

Okay thanks. But there are no Mongols available?
    And does the AI manage to get to those west African provinces or the Russian ones? There are so many rebel provinces in your games.

WHERE'D YOU GET THAT BATTLE MAP!!!
    Think,and thou art faithful

Icon1 Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by shenryyr View Post
    @powerwizard
    photoshop

and how can you make the region borders disappear in the game?

Senktris's Avatar Libertus

my Khwarezmian campaign.... unfortunately, my savegame corrupted, so a lot of work is gone...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm the biggest empire, the Fatimids are my allies since the beginning and we fought back 3 crusades until now (I think that's turn 176 or so), my empire reached till Genoa, and I even owned Rome, but I made some mistakes....
    and now I have to fight against all the catholic factions....

As you can see, Venice and the Imperials already got a lot of my Settlements...

this Picture was taken 6 turns later :

I think I'll start als Khwarez again, it's funny to fight back the Mongols at the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    and how can you make the region borders disappear in the game?
    in the ss6 data folder, open descr_sm_factions.txt and change the colors for each faction to match

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanIRL View Post
    You should toggle fog of war when posting Pics of your map
    How do you do that then?

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    How do you do that then?
    hit the tilde key (~) to bring up the console, then type:
    toggle_fow