Page 57 of 167 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3338

Thread: Post your Empires!

ash874's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Walter View Post
    You should be able to hold it, if you garrison it fully (try to use missile troops and spearmen, great defenders. Scoutatoi/Byzantine Spearmen especially but elite troops like Varangians if possible).
    well i already signed the peace agreement. you might be surprised but i only had spear militia until very recently. i was so used to easy factions like denmark that i developed a bad habit: turning most my wooden castles to cities early on. well with a country surrounded from all sides like byzantium this proved to be very imprudent. i barely managed all this time with tier one units. also one of my castles is deep in greece which was too far to help effectively
    but now i got myself about 4 more castles so it will all be easier from now

Byzantine strength = defending. Take a position in a hilly area, wait to be attacked by their stacks then just shield wall at the top of a hill, put your infantry on guard and the archers behind them then charge down with your cavalry as much as you like
    im only good at defending castles i fight pretty horribly in the open

EDIT: which reminds me of a question
    how can i tell my missile cavalry too attack with swords (against archers)
    i offed the skirmish mode and sent them right on the archers. they just stood there and did nothing while the archers punched them to death

D'you have any idea how much that is?! I'm lucky to make 500 per turn! That's loads. Easily enough to recruit extra armies. In fact, if you can, lower loads of taxes so you can upgrade cities quicker. Upwards of 75,000 florins, money is useless really. You'll never use it and you get pirates etc.
    all the money i get i spend in the same turn. how can you survive with such a meagre income? i wouldnt manage
    Last edited by ash874; April 04, 2010 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ash874 View Post
    well i already signed the peace agreement. you might be surprised but i only had spear militia until very recently. i was so used to easy factions like denmark that i developed a bad habit: turning most my wooden castles to cities early on. well with a country surrounded from all sides like byzantium this proved to be very imprudent. i barely managed all this time with tier one units. also one of my castles is deep in greece which was too far to help effectively

im only good at defending castles i fight pretty horribly in the open

i offed the skirmish mode and sent them right on the archers. they just stood there and did nothing while the archers punched them to death

all the money i get i spend in the same turn. how can you survive with such a meagre income? i wouldnt manage
    you shouldve taken adana and caesarea, adana as a choke point, and caesarea because at the start of early era its already a castle, should be a fortress or at the very least highly developed by the time you take it, to save money disband some of the useless troops in central greece, keeping only free upkeep units

and to melee attack with missile troops, hold alt

[QUOTE=ash874;7082781]well i already signed the peace agreement. you might be surprised but i only had spear militia until very recently. i was so used to easy factions like denmark that i developed a bad habit: turning most my wooden castles to cities early on. well with a country surrounded from all sides like byzantium this proved to be very imprudent. i barely managed all this time with tier one units. also one of my castles is deep in greece which was too far to help effectively

im only good at defending castles i fight pretty horribly in the open[QUOTE=ash874;7082781]

In the open's easy as Byzantium, just shield-wall (because as soon as you get a Garrison Quarters your armies are Byzantine Spearmen) and let your cavalry do the hard work.

Alt-right-click.

Oh! You mean you start out with 10,000 before doing anything? That makes more sense. I'm on next to nothing by the end because I'm always building in every settlement, there's not a single building in SS that's not useful.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Alt-right-click.
    THANKS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luciferleigh View Post
    you shouldve taken adana and caesarea, adana as a choke point, and caesarea because at the start of early era its already a castle, should be a fortress or at the very least highly developed by the time you take it, to save money disband some of the useless troops in central greece, keeping only free upkeep units

and to melee attack with missile troops, hold alt
    i cant take them yet. i play with toggle_fow so once there is an opportunity i'll of course do it.
    and i have no troops at all in central greece.

if anyone wants the save game ill send it in email or smtng

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

can someone explain how i can make a large picture of the minimap only?
    You can't. Just enlarge the minimap and cut a way the rest
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

okay so here's an update on my campaign
    next turn mecca too will be mine
    as you can see me and kwazimodo have become neighbors
    which might end my game any second
    i have no idea how to counter him
    and since there is no sea than i cant outmaneuver him like i did the fatimids
    this campaign turned out awesome the stronger i get the stronger my enemies are

(as you can see poland payed dearly for attacking me

SS 6.2 RC4

Hey,

here is my little HRE campaign. A long time ago I started this and refused because I had to fight at so much sides... But now I continued this campaign at approximately round 100.
    The first screenshots are without toggle_fow, because this are some random screenshots I made while playing.

One thing I learned playing Medieval II is, that the AI is a ing betrayer -.- The start (no screenshots ) was very hard because I were attacked by nearly everyone in europe...

Everyone hates me... This time I had to fight in the north vs norway, east Poland and Venice and Hungary, south the Papacy and Sicily, west Portugal, Spain and Moors...

Pikes ftw

One betrayer is dead... I was allied with him so long and i just helped him to defeat denmark... But then he attacked Arhus-.-

Another betrayer... Most of the time I was allied with Fatimid and Novgorod. Novgorod seems to be the only one who is not such a dirty betrayer...

Actually I fight vs Moors. My ranking goes up so high because after defeating the Scots I got very rich.

Killing the Jihad generals

Fatimids asked for ceasefire but they are "jihading" me ?!^^

Production is raising... At one point I was bankrupt, I think because auf the plague and 4 side fighting...

Teutonic order got no city but their money keeps raising ^^

I love Venice

Now I have to kill the Moors and keep marching to Jerusalem to complete the victory condition... And defend Silves vs Jihad armies...

Greets
    Last edited by Scream666; April 06, 2010 at 07:52 AM.

The war with the Fatimids seems to be fun (unless you are tired of fighting them) anyways, you should play 6.1, the AI rarely betray you.

Stolet's Avatar Ducenarius

Except if you take Jerusalem early with the Templars, make an alliance with the Fatimids and they call the Jihad the next turn

Hmm fun fighting them? We will see, his army is larger than mine

Now he attacks me at some city far far away-.-

And wtf is that!?

My English Kingdom in SS 5.1

Kaledon's Avatar Civis

I've been experimenting recently with different rules to set for myself to make the game interesting. Turtleing, etc. Most recently I started a Teutonic Order game with absolutely brutal houserules. No trading of settlements, no alliances(Except the ones you start with), no reloading(Except to re-do things like misclicks), no relocation at the start, no minor exploits(IE, causing the enemy to sally forth then owning them with a small force of heavy cavalry).

At the start I proceeded to do everything I could do to become despised by the entire world. I took Visby with my chancellor and two troops by the second turn(Mercenary ship then moved the general away from the army to siege, since the army couldn't get close enough. They were just close enough to reinforce, which prevented the enemy from wanting to sally) I then declared war on Poland, taking Thorn. Afterward as I was moving towards Plock the Pope sent a 7 turn Ceasefire order. I switched targets, moving towards Lithuania. I proceeded to smash through all of the Lithuanian armies I saw on my way to Vilnius. Once I arrived at Vilnius, I decided that it was far too strong for me to take it for now.

All this time I was using my Grandmaster to hold Thorn, since the Polish would wander near occasionally. Pitiful fools. My Grandmaster was attempting to remain perfectly Chivalrous, while my Chancellor was being a brutal dastard. Anyway, after tiring of remaining around Vilnius I went and took Hrodna. Afterwards, I headed back to Vilnius having sent reinforcements from Riga and Konigsberg. While taking Vilnius, the Norwegians landed a full stack on Visby. Visby was rather lightly defended, but managed to repulse the Norwegian scumsuckers. Meanwhile the Republic of Novgorod sent a full stack traveling into my territories.

It is 18 turns in, and I am currently at war with Denmark, Poland, Novgorod, Norway and Lithuania. I have been forced to win countless heroic victories. The northern territories are being bathed in blood, but the Order shall not relent. If necessary, we shall continue killing until no man capable of lifting a sword remains around the Baltic.
    Last edited by Kaledon; April 07, 2010 at 02:37 AM.

Sab99's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Scream666 View Post

LOL, never seen that.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

I haven't seen it eiter, but I have to admit it's funny. + rep!
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

I think it's an AI attempt at a blockade, stopping your fleet from moving out of that area
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Furga's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Scream666 View Post

[/SPOILER]
    What is that Kwarezmian army doing there? Jihad?

Sab99's Avatar Tiro

Kingdom of Sicily

Early Era, 1254 AD (Turn 117)

SS 6.1, VH/VH

In 1234 AD, the race for ultimate control over northern-Italy begun.
    Venice, in war with all the Italian factions and the Byzantium Empire, expanded towards the east and now controls a large portion of the Greek Islands.
    They were in no way prepared for the militairy strong Genoa forces that invaded their territoty in Italy.

The Holy Roman Empire, well aware of the unstable situation, saw an opportunity and moved their forces south, applying pressure on the venetian financial center: Venice.

At the end, the supreme army of Genoa came out on top and gained control over Bologna and Venice.

Sicily's intelligence operations in the area followed all developments in the area and at the end of the war, Sicily decided: the time had come for Genoa..

A full army, under the command of Ubaldo the Brave, who earned his wings in the ongoing wars with the Moors, set sail to Genoa. The plan is to hit them hard, first the capital and later the other cities!

After an succesfull campaign, aided by the Pope, in N-Italy, Genoa was crushed and all surviving forces were eliminated from the area.
    Sicily took control over Genoa, Miland and Venice, the Papal States demanded control over Bologna. Bologna was left alone and The Pope expanded his Holy influance with this city.
    This also gave a nice boost in the relations with The Pope and simultaneously worsened the relations between Genoa and The Pope.

A few months later, reports reached Sicily that Genoa were continuing their agressive slaughtering in southern-Europe. Marseille, Toulouse, Barcelona and Zaragoza belonged to Genoa.

Sicily's ally France called for help because Toulouse, a very well developed Citadel, in the wrong hands could really shift powers in the area.
    Sicily used the ultimate weapon.. And called for a Crusade on Toulouse!

Within 2 turns Toulouse was, and I cannot find any other words, RAPED

I need some ideas for what to do next.
    Should I give Toulouse back to the French (allies)?
    Should I keep it as a recruit and retrain center to destroy the remaining forces of Genoa in Europe?

What to do with the captured cities after Genoa is gone? Portugal is my ally, and they are in war with the Spanish. (Crown of Aragorn is destroyed)
    Last edited by Sab99; April 08, 2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Typo, corrected FIELDSET tags, added what-to-do

I always give cities back to their true faction, like playing for enlgand i invade germany pushing out of thear genoa and give back all cityes to HRE , so i think for more interesting give it back to France.