Page 56 of 167 FirstFirst ... 63146474849505152535455565758596061626364656681106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3338

Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Huh Willi is betrayer FUUUUU

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Icon13 Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Sir Naked Emperor♔ View Post
    If your still a bit of a novice, and you want your saved games to still work, should I get RC/RR?
    Your save games will be of no use, perhaps they will load (most likely not) but everything will be messed up.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

My Denmark Empire in SS 5.1

Yay Denmark! Now we just need a way to transform them from their horrible horrible yellow/blue swedish colors, and return their proper red/white!

But yellow/blue is more historyc accurate

For the beginning of the early campaign, perhaps. For the majority of the timespam in the mod, Red/white is. Especially after Ceasar Clivus included Sweden in his BtfB mod which seems to be included in the RR/RC Compilation, Denmark really needs to be Red/White.

ash874's Avatar Campidoctor

i played with novgorod on VHVH
    i used toggle_fow because the cities are so far apart that i didnt want the AI to take them before i find them. got myself about 11 cities. had alliance with all my neighbours except kiev (which i intended to annex) once the kuman declared war on them i did the same and nearly managed to take all their regions.
    but than lithuania and kuman declared war on me (god knows why)
    lithuania threw 8 star generals at me like they were garbage
    i fought them for a VERY long 20 turns (from about 10 to 30)
    looooong 20 turns. im talking about 2-3 battles each turn on average.
    huge hard battles. because russians begin with really poor units. even when i was in incredibly good strategic positions i lost many men.

i never had any money in this game (about 1000 each turn) and only managed to buy the economy related buildings in my cities. and nothing at all in my wooden castles.

the most annoying part was that after 30 turns i had only one large city
    russkies dont like sex it seems
    i didnt even tax the s

anyway on turn 32 the polacks payed a visit with 3 full armies
    i surrendered

edit: novgorod which is described as a trade center of the region, regularly produces zero point merchants. whats up with that...
    Last edited by ash874; April 01, 2010 at 04:47 PM.

Actualy yes i like the Red/White more , but it can be configured in descr_sm_factions.txt file

Ok lets start with that
    1) Not Russkies but: Russkie or (Русские)
    2) that is SS 6.2 That is realy ing hardcored
    3) Dont surrender when play with russians , SHAMEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lancelot View Post
    Ok lets start with that
    1) Not Russkies but: Russkie or (Русские)
    2) that is SS 6.2 That is realy ing hardcored
    3) Dont surrender when play with russians , SHAMEEE

haha i can speak russian to you myself drujishe
    but sadly there is little to be proud of as a russian these days
    not that i am one

Trinity's Avatar Libertus

After reading/lurking this for the longest time, I decided to contribute. I love HA heavy factions; Hungary is my favourite; but I started a Cuman campaign. So far it's been pretty easy. Just a huge land grab, and now I'm preparing to take both Novgorod and the Kievan Rus down.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My lands

My Standings. I'm an underdog here, but I think I have a great chance at turning the tables on my neighbours.

Well, I wasn't expecting an invasion this soon. No declaration of war, but I don't want to risk losing my FL and best general.

My campaign is being played on VH/M with RR/RC and SS Ultimate.

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

If you don't mop up the russians quickly you will get overrun by the mongols.

+rep for playing cumans!

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

I like the yellow/blue better! They're my 2 favorite colors!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Sir Naked Emperor♔ View Post
    I like the yellow/blue better! They're my 2 favorite colors!
    Don't go well together really though.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

byzantium vhvh turn 72 and im still alive. and life is good. got myself half of turkey and in europe i took all of hungaria and ragusa to the west. the best part is that i have no wars (which is a first) and 3 allies.
    the seljuk are all but dead. the fatimids have huge armies but they fight the kwarezmians (the best thing that can happen to you if you are anywhere near) and all the fatimid cities in egypt are unprotected. their armies are in israel. so im building a little incursion force with siege weapons. hopefully ill manage to take a fortress and just hold on to it. actually it is possible to take about 4-5 of their cities there but my armies are mostly in europe.
    havent played a single battle for the entire day. the fatimids attack with multiple armies and my computer cant take it. oh well

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

If you take and hold Gaza you can use it as a blockade. It is very advanced, most of time one of the best castles in the area. Roll up the rest of Egypt and you're done. Without these rich lands the Fatimids will most likely fall prey to the Persians. Maybe you could post a picture? Sounds like a good game to me.
    If your computer can't handle it, do you play on the lowest graphics?
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

i added a picture i hope this works

edit: okay the picture takes a lot of type to open for some reason but it does work
    you can see from the minimap that i conquered most of egypt (all the important nile delta cities) and gaza and jerusalem
    the fatimids were pretty much unstoppable for me so i decided to try the strategy from civilization where a massive loss of cities causes a stronger opponent to ask for peace
    i loaded 3 armies each with a catapult on a boat and blietzed egypt
    the situation is much worse than it seems in the minimap
    next turn ill be attacked by poland and they ammased huge armies on my land which i didnt notice since ive been so preoccupied with egypt

whats annoying is that we are allies and our relations are outstanding or maybe perfect AND im in peace with everyone
    so their attack is really uncalled for

also as you can see the kwarezmians are a juggernaut i really really need the mongols to arrive in force

can someone explain how i can make a large picture of the minimap only?
    Last edited by ash874; April 04, 2010 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ash874 View Post
    i added a picture i hope this works

edit: okay the picture takes a lot of type to open for some reason but it does work
    you can see from the minimap that i conquered most of egypt (all the important nile delta cities) and gaza and jerusalem
    the fatimids were pretty much unstoppable for me so i decided to try the strategy from civilization where a massive loss of cities causes a stronger opponent to ask for peace
    i loaded 3 armies each with a catapult on a boat and blietzed egypt
    the situation is much worse than it seems in the minimap
    next turn ill be attacked by poland and they ammased huge armies on my land which i didnt notice since ive been so preoccupied with egypt

whats annoying is that we are allies and our relations are outstanding or maybe perfect AND im in peace with everyone
    so their attack is really uncalled for

also as you can see the kwarezmians are a juggernaut i really really need the mongols to arrive in force
    I would finish taking Africa then get peace with Fatimids so there is a bit of buffer with Kwaz then finish taking around Black Sea while defending vs Poland and wait for Mongols... they should do so some damage to Kwaz but Kwaz is near the size where they can contain Mongols fairly well especially if your Black Sea regions help fight...

Up to you if you want to expand in Europe but Poland is squished between your empire and Danemark it appears on the map... it is actually a good move from them to take you on while you are distracted in Egypt, their best chance probably...

To make a large picture of the minimap just crop that area and expand it and then post. Irfanview is free small size program if you don't have something on your computer to do small edits already.

well i had to make peace with the fatimids cause their armies outnumber me like 4 to 1 and in the next turn i already would have lost a province in turkey
    but i really dont know what to do with poland they sent something like 7 armies on me and i only have 2 or 3 there
    also i dont make a lot of money about 10000 each turn and this really annoys me too

well i had to make peace with the fatimids cause their armies outnumber me like 4 to 1 and in the next turn i already would have lost a province in turkey
    You should be able to hold it, if you garrison it fully (try to use missile troops and spearmen, great defenders. Scoutatoi/Byzantine Spearmen especially but elite troops like Varangians if possible).

but i really dont know what to do with poland they sent something like 7 armies on me and i only have 2 or 3 there
    Byzantine strength = defending. Take a position in a hilly area, wait to be attacked by their stacks then just shield wall at the top of a hill, put your infantry on guard and the archers behind them then charge down with your cavalry as much as you like

also i dont make a lot of money about 10000 each turn and this really annoys me too
    D'you have any idea how much that is?! I'm lucky to make 500 per turn! That's loads. Easily enough to recruit extra armies. In fact, if you can, lower loads of taxes so you can upgrade cities quicker. Upwards of 75,000 florins, money is useless really. You'll never use it and you get pirates etc.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.