Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3338

Thread: Post your Empires!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by cuo View Post
    Very interesting situation. Genoa is exommunicated and nearly every christian faction is at war with them so they are weakened. Maybe the TO takes it's chance and asserts itself in northern italy. I think I'm going to support them with some florins and get allied with them because I'd really like to see an southern europe empire by the TO although I know that this is the most historical incorrectness ever.
    Actually after Acre fell, the Teutonic Order had it's headquarters in Venice

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Started a new campaign, with Aragorn, SS 6.2 Crimson Tide 4.2, Grass Mod 1.0, Huge Mod, VH/VH.

53 Turns into the campaign, got lucky with a bribe and got a 10 Chivalry General, used him to populate all my settlements, really only have one army, my economy cant support any more upkeep...

[Yes the AI is barely capturing any regions but my diplomatic scroll found the problem, the Christians are killing Each other and the pope is sitting there watching and not excommunicating them, I'll sieze this advantage!]

I stopped the Moors trying to capture Valencia
    Screens in random order...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My current empire...

20 Turns Later
    Fight outside Aleppo

By mindarie at 2010-01-17

Egyptian Forces
    Purely only Egyptian Force None of my troops hidden in that mass...

Edited

Last edited by BeingOwned:)SPQR; January 17, 2010 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Actually after Acre fell, the Teutonic Order had it's headquarters in Venice
    Oh well, I never knew that. I really should read more about the TO.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

I guess that was before they went to Eastern Europe to fight the pagans?
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Concrete's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    I guess that was before they went to Eastern Europe to fight the pagans?
    After. The first conquest by the Teutonic order in the Baltic states was of Prussia. The crusade against the Prussian Pagans was the original request made by Poland. Said conquest gave them their main holdings during the wars against Novgorod/Lithuania/Poland.
    During the conquest of Prussia, the Catholic Crusader states in the Holy Lands were still alive and well.
    The Teutonic headquarters existed in Acre.
    Acre remained their headquarters as the order invaded the Republic of Novgorod.
    The war of which eventually ended with the battle of Lake Peipus. (Novgorod won.)
    Shortly after, the crusader states finally crumbled, which obviously meant Acre fell.
    While the Teutonic order started invading Lithuania, they also wished to help reclaim the Holy Lands.
    For this reason they had their new headquarters established in Venice.
    But said headquarters was short lived, as it was later moved to (somewhere(?) in) Prussia.
    Which it remained until more than a century later.
    While never defeating Lithuania, and declaring war on Poland, they bit off more than they could chew.
    They were also suffering problems closer to home, such as the Holy Roman Empire discontinuing it's support of the Teutonic Knights as they allied with Poland.(Holy Roman Empire, that is.)
    And they eventually lost all of their holdings in Prussia, and with no real base of power, the order thinned and spread out into Germany and such.
    And from there on they didn't do too much anymore.
    (I don't actually have any information about that, so I assume.)
    Except I think that Napoleon; during his conquest of Europe banned them, and they survived with far holdings in Austria.(Just to make sure, any suggestion of they being a military power of any degree is laughable.)
    The Teutonic Order still actually exists, although I believe it is something of a minor priesthood.

First post = epic history lecture.

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Hospitallers also exist, while templars were executed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blækk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

The taking of Granada, a crusade was launched right after i lost the battle outside Aleppo, 2 Spanish and 1 Portuguese army helped in the siege, the Portuguese Army entered first at the west side of the Castle and both Spanish Armies followed, which made the moors send all forces to that position while i could do an Hammer and Anvil Strike but the problem was that instead of the whole army of the Moors engaging to fight us, they made a defensive hold of the Gates leading to the Citadel, we just couldnt get past until thier General died...

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by BeingOwned:)SPQR View Post
    Started a new campaign, with Aragorn, SS 6.2 Crimson Tide 4.2, Grass Mod 1.0, Huge Mod, VH/VH.
    Love those pics, very panoramic.

Good luck with your campaign.

Thank you Galain_Ironhide, just a quick question, do you still play BC, because I really liked you After Action Report
    Im 70 turns in and only had 13 Battles, Ive got a lot of luck on my side

Granada was the hardest Siege I think I would have ever done, after the enemy lock them selfs in the Citadel Wall, I gave up and sent my men home to thier wives and especially my general who was the last horsemen alive. (180 Horsemen, 1 Survives)

Last Feudal Foot Knight

Last edited by BeingOwned:)SPQR; January 17, 2010 at 07:32 PM.

Great pics.

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by BeingOwned:)SPQR View Post
    Thank you Galain_Ironhide, just a quick question, do you still play BC, because I really liked you After Action Report
    Im 70 turns in and only had 13 Battles, Ive got a lot of luck on my side

Granada was the hardest Siege I think I would have ever done, after the enemy lock them selfs in the Citadel Wall, I gave up and sent my men home to thier wives and especially my general who was the last horsemen alive. (180 Horsemen, 1 Survives)

Last Feudal Foot Knight

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it - it was probably my most enjoyable GC ever. Unfortunately I lost everything in a computer crash which I was most upset about.

I will return to Broken Crescent one day. Might even download BC2 after I finish my TO campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Turkey Lord View Post
    And they eventually lost all of their holdings in Prussia, and with no real base of power, the order thinned and spread out into Germany and such.
    I thought that they converted to Lutheranism (or something similar) and accepted protection from Poland-Lithuania? I believe this was around 1400, but I'm not sure (I'm not a historian).

Thank you for the information and Welcome to the Forums!
    The Enemy of Human Souls

I thought that they converted to Lutheranism (or something similar) and accepted protection from Poland-Lithuania? I believe this was around 1400, but I'm not sure (I'm not a historian).
    Around 1400 TO fought Battle of Tannenberg (or Battle of Grunwald).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Grunwald
    It was big and quite significant battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    After reading wikipedia for about ten minutes, I hearby declare myself an expert on medieval history.

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrvalg View Post
    Around 1400 TO fought Battle of Tannenberg (or Battle of Grunwald).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Grunwald
    It was big and quite significant battle.
    1410 July 15 (6th month, 15th day, absolute middle of the year)

Thank you for the information and Welcome to the Forums!
    Uh, I'm no historian either, but I believe it was just a portion of the higher ranks that converted. (The Grandmaster maybe?) Which was a severe case of infighting.
    Well, Poland and Lithuania defeated them, I presume a ceasefire was arranged rather than the Teutonic knights being hunted down and forced to flee into Germany. But the point was that was the end of any territory really owned by them.

Haha, thanks for the welcome.

EDIT: 1400 was their strongest time.
    They fell between 1400-1500.
    I checked wikipedia() and yes it was their Grandmaster who converted to Lutheranism.
    And having just woken up, I can't assimilate information too well at this point.
    But I think the Grandmaster became king of the state of Prussia, which was a vassal state to Poland.

History is all well and good(and I'll be glad to continue), but on topic; I'm at my father's house at the moment, M2TW is only installed at mother's.
    I'll post a screenshot when I get back there(and maybe advance a bit further.)
    Playing as the Scottish, VH/VH, I have the British isles(England is on the mainland, allied now, and Ireland....poor Ireland.) and Iberia(Castile-Leon and Portugal have been destroyed, Aragon is up in France, neutral with me at the time being.)
    I am not at war with anybody at the moment. Allied with England(un-important in the greater scheme of things), Denmark and Genoa, and while not caring about the fate of England, I won't attack the other two.
    What should I do next?
    Hammer and anvil France?
    Crush the Moors and Sicily? (Eventual path will lead me to the holy lands.)
    Or take over Norway? (Suggestions for what to do after that particular invasion?)
    Last edited by Concrete; January 18, 2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Additional information.

Here is a screen of my Genoa campaign, RR/RC compilation M/M (because I'm pretty new to RR/RC and want to try out some campaign before I play VH/VH), turn 31. Late Campaign, so I started with Genoa, Corsica (Ajacio) and Crimea (Caffa)

I first took Sardinia, then prepared my army and took Sicily (lost about half my army on that Island ). After that quick war, I called a Crusade on Tunis and made peace with Sicily, letting them be in Southern Italy. I made peace with the Moors, too. The treaty included me getting Beleb el Anab in exchange for a bit of money (about 10K). The Moors took Al Mahdiya from Sicily, it rebelled against them and then I took it.

Currently my new general is on his way to Tripoli. The guy is amazingly skilled as a commander. He was born with 6 command and military minded, so he'll be a 10 command general in no time.
    I bribed Cork when I was around (only 3,3K) and exchanged it for Marseilles (I had to give 7K and a tribute of 1000 for 5 turns, by my French allies accepted)

Meanwhile, my other general (a venetian guy I married into my family) is leading an attack against Venice . I'm planning to rule the Mediterranean Sea, so he's taking Crete and Rhodes. After that, I'll make peace with Venice and Crusade against Frankfurt. The Pope is my friend, so calling a crusade against his mortal enemy won't be a troublesome option.

I'm not sure what I'll do after that Crusade. Probably I'll be fighting the "Latin Empire", maybe the Byzantines or the Turks, the Fatimads if they threaten to destroy my allies the Crusader States. Tunis will take two turns before it will grow into a Citadel, I'm building a third (military) port in Genoa, so that I can build Laternas and remaing in controll of the sea. I'm also investing in growth of all my cities (low taxes) and I turned Corsica and Sardinia into towns, Sardinia had build Mines and is constructing a port, so that was a wise decission, probably.
    The Enemy of Human Souls

My currently dropped (temporary, I hope) TO campaign. Now i switched to HRE with Balbor's Late Era 2 turn per year submod for RR/RC.
    I got bored building TO Empire, and now want something different but still with German taste.

Funny thing is that at start of TO campaign I allied with Kiev against Poland and Novgorod, and 50 turns later I was allied with Poland and Novgorod (without Novgorod already ) against Kiev and still retained trustworthy reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    After reading wikipedia for about ten minutes, I hearby declare myself an expert on medieval history.

Domesticus
    Artifex

[SS 6.1 VH\VH + some small mods]
    My war against Fatimids is slowly getting finished. Currently I'm in the slow and quite boring siege stage of the war.
    This is the first campaign during which I've fought a long-lasting war against the AI. Usually I've used the "peace-war-peace-war-peace" tactic - which works well, btw, but is quite slow.
    This is a small step-by-step story of the expansion of the Order.
    These occasions are in some kind of order.

[timescale = 1.5 years/turn]

1083 AD
    -Conquered Antioch

?
    -Allied with the Pope

1099 AD
    -Conquered Damascus

1104 AD
    -Built St. John's Minor Chapter House in Antioch

1105 AD
    -Allied with the Fatimid saracen dogs (temporarily, however )
    -Conquered Aleppo

1108 AD
    -Conquered Edessa

1110 AD
    -Conquered Adana

1113 AD
    -Succesfully requested a crusade to Cairo
    -Allied with the Seljuks (they're still my allies)

1119 AD
    -Conquered Qarisiya

1129 AD
    -Declared a war to the Fatimids
    -Conquered Acre

1131 AD
    -Defeated the Fatimids in a huge battle of 5200 against 2500 men in Galilee

1132 AD
    -Defeated the Fatimids in a huge battle of 5300 against 3200 men in Galilee

1138 AD
    -Conquered Jerusalem after a big battle and a siege of many years

1141 AD
    -Defeated the Fatimids in a huge battle of 5300 against 2900 men in Philistia

1143 AD
    -Conquered Gaza

1156 AD
    -Citizens of Kerak admitted the unquestionable superiority of my troops after a very long siege and gave up without fighting
    -Citizens of Al Aqaba admitted the unquestionable superiority of my troops after a very long siege and gave up without fighting

1158 AD
    -Built St. John's Headquarters in Antioch
    -Succesfully requested a crusade to Alexandria

1159 AD
    -Conquered Alexandria in the name of Christianity
    -Citizens of Damietta admitted the unquestionably superiority of my troops after a very long siege and gave up without a fight

1161 AD
    -Conquered Tayma

Hope you enjoyed my book.
    ~Da Goofy
    Last edited by Goofy; November 09, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

Walternat0r's Avatar Civis

My Genoa campaign. Has been pretty easy so far. Only last 20 turns been a bit cash strapped, with maybe 12-20k to spend on building and recruiting due to pretty quick expansion in N. Africa and the Levant. Allied with; Portugal, Spain, France, HRE, Norway, Poland, Hungary, Sicily, Papal States (all with perfect relations). Aragon, Denmark, Venice, Byzzies, Kwarezm are on my borders but also perfect relations. Haven't been attacked by anyone for maybe 55 turns or so, can pretty much just pick where I want to go and what I want to do. Nearly subdued the Fatimids (only people at war with) who only have 3 provinces on the west coast of Arabia left (forget their names).

Once Fatimids have gone I think i'll slowly encroach on Kwarezm until the Mongols show up, then either try and eliminate them asap or bunker down. Haven't decided yet as I've never gotten far enough in a campaign to encounter them so probably just decide on the night.

Genoa... *remembers images of Italian spears butchering French cavalry*
    You've got a lot of Alliances there.
    Consider taking out the Byzantines.(I forget how long it takes for the Mongols to arrive, but that would give you something to do, and then in the Khwarezmian/Mongolian/Genoan war, you'll annihilate them.)