Page 5 of 167 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by shenryyr View Post
    agreed... that map is wrong on so many levels...

look at spain in ireland and nottingham..

just imagine robin of loxley talking about el robo de los ricos y dar a los pobres.
    Spain moved in after I left. They already had Ireland before that though.

Miles

For some odd reason, Spain keeps sending hordes of their forces to take Exeter, the city on the southmost part of England.

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

spain and england never really got along, so when spain runs out of space in Iberia, they're bound to go somewhere.
    my other horse is a space ship

That's just realism, after all Spain did try to invade England in the middle ages with the Armada Invencible.

In my campaign, the Spanish haven't tried to attack England, but Portugal has tried to conquer both Ireland and England. And Ireland on the other hand conquered Nottingham. It's been a laugh watching them conquer and regain each others settlements.

Icon1 Re: Post your Empires!

Here is an update to my previous post. Magyar Empire in 1227 AD:

By powerwizard at 2008-04-26

I am slowly finishing off the bizzies, but i don't intend to wipe them out, as they will be a nice little buffer state between me and the turks (or eventually the persians).

As you can see the persians are running crazy in the east, kiev is OK too, and hopefully they'll hold back the mongols for me. Ah, such a nice thing to have these war-whores at hand!

It seems all quiet on the easten front, but those purple settlements will have red banners soon.

By powerwizard at 2008-04-26

As a steady superpower I don't intend to take each and every city on the map, I'd rather play God, and intervene here and there.

I just helped the spanish with the reconquista, calling a crusade on Granada, and sending my very best general there, but the Venetians arrived earlier and took the settlement!

I'm spamming bishops in Constantinople from a huge cathedral, and already took over the holy church with them.

I'm planning a surprise invasion on Egypt, helping out the poor Templars.

Feedback, recommendations are welcome.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; April 26, 2008 at 11:40 AM.

I agree, you should save the templars, they are way too cool to die to Egypt. Pfft.

PowerWizard, I love how you Magyarize the names of settlements you conquer. Or atleast thats what looks is happening. Gives me ideasss.

Wait, how do you change the name of settlements? I would like the name of Constantinople to change to Istanbul after I capture it as the Seljuks.

EDIT: nvm. found it in a previous post
    Last edited by SunofVich; April 26, 2008 at 03:02 PM.

hhaa you renamed it Konstantinapoly (i see it as a joke on monopoly) thats funny. especially with 4.5K income a turn it makes sense

Playing as KoJ, around turn 25-30, was weak but caled a crusade on Cairo (fatimids) and there down to 1 settlement. about to take them out and then its the seljuks, byzantine is allied with me through a marriage, was funny they denied her so many times it was pissing me off, save and then load and load until it worked

Nevermind, finally looked at the picture and it hit me in the face rofl
    Last edited by Furiøùs; April 26, 2008 at 03:31 PM.

No, its hungarian.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Quote Originally Posted by lordyu View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Where should i go next. I was planing to go to southern Italy after i take all the rebel cities in Anatolia or should I push the turks back to Persia.
    Whoa awesome, where'd you get that map?

Well here a small update to my slowly increasing empire. waited for a crusade to be called on Lithuania before I attacked them that way I didnt need such a huge army. I am now about to take out HRE along with venice and and denmark then I have to take out poland.

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Well here a small update to my slowly increasing empire. waited for a crusade to be called on Lithuania before I attacked them that way I didnt need such a huge army. I am now about to take out HRE along with venice and and denmark then I have to take out poland.
    wow, you should run in and grab Pereyaslav while it's still rebel
    my other horse is a space ship

My HRE empire as of turn 46. Having a little trouble with the pope right now, but i managed to capture huge amounts of rebel settlements early on including all the islands off spain, and have forced Genoa off the map without being excommunicated! Denmark are in my sights now and i have already taken Arhus and Lund. Gonna focus on taking their only remaining castle now so i can merely destroy them with my higher quality troops while focusing on Lithuania with my main force, as they keep putting pressure on Thorn.

That's my Templar campaign, H/VH, One of my settlement just rebelled (far bottom left) and I'm in the process of taking it back, just finished a war with the moors and will turn my sights on turkey which is now being gang-banged by Byz and kwarz.
    "...Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of Hell
    Rode the six hundred.
    " - Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

yeah it rebeled from Kiev and they immidiatly had an army sieging it but I sent an army just in case lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontom View Post
    My HRE empire as of turn 46. Having a little trouble with the pope right now, but i managed to capture huge amounts of rebel settlements early on including all the islands off spain, and have forced Genoa off the map without being excommunicated! Denmark are in my sights now and i have already taken Arhus and Lund. Gonna focus on taking their only remaining castle now so i can merely destroy them with my higher quality troops while focusing on Lithuania with my main force, as they keep putting pressure on Thorn.

:hmmm:
    difficulty: easy / easy?

No, VH / H

I managed to expand easily because i used a new method of expansion early game that i havent done before. I expanded from rebels settlements far away first, and worked my way back in meaning i could draw the enemy into open field battles as they sallied forth which i am better at as i wasnt pressed to take those rebel settlements quickly so i could move onto other ones.

Also, in open field battles i can win losing only 30-40 men meaning my costs are lower and i have less retraining to do before i can expand once more.

Oh and also i took Genoa and Arhus simply by occupying them when they had no garrison
    Last edited by Dontom; April 28, 2008 at 09:57 AM.

Here's my Deutscher Orden Reich in 1243 AD:

By powerwizard at 2008-04-28

I play on VH/VH, but was able to blitz down Lithuania in 5 turns !!!

It would be wise and realistic to make them a little tougher to beat, eventually at least 10 turns to wipe out.

Anyway, I carved out a nice little empire, and will slowly but steadily push into the russian territory. (Note that I renamed the settlements with German monarchs' names. Can't wait to rename Moscow as Barbarossa ).

Teutonic Knights are a fun faction to play, but not very easy, despite the rumours. They are doomed to march and conquer, because their economy is relatively weak and treasury will go to red soon if you don't disband your huge and mighty armies.

I would recommend them to all SS fans, and this time i must agree that vh/vh is the only way to play it.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; April 29, 2008 at 12:10 AM.

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

Kievan Rus, vh/vh year 1129 A.D

I decided to cancel my Venice campaign and try something completely different, so I picked the Kievan Rus. It's going rather smooth, managed to take a lot of rebel settlement surrounding my empire. Obtained an alliance with Byzantium, Poland, Novgorod and the Kwarzemian Empire. I recently declared war on the Cumans and am currently besieging four of their cities.

It looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast...