Page 35 of 167 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041424344456085135 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Default Re: Post your Empires!

@moob
    Moors and Fatimids are on the rampage in your game.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord View Post
    @moob
    Moors and Fatimids are on the rampage in your game.
    Yer, I've given up that campaign now, they just rolled over everything, including me.

They sent at least one full stack at me every turn, I lasted a while, but eventually all of my armies were whittled away to nothing.

Now I can't pick a faction for a new campaign! Heh

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Quote Originally Posted by themoob View Post
    Yer, I've given up that campaign now, they just rolled over everything, including me.

They sent at least one full stack at me every turn, I lasted a while, but eventually all of my armies were whittled away to nothing.

Now I can't pick a faction for a new campaign! Heh
    Were you playing on VH/VH??
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Hello Everyone,

My Fiance and I are playing a hotseat campaign together as Venice(Her) and Genoa(Me). We are using SS6.1 on H/H.
    I do not have any screenshots as unfortunately I am at work on my laptop, but here it goes.

Venice started out aggressively taking Durazzo early on and then sending a large force from the capital to seige Florence. While Florence was under siege a force from the Papal States and HRE arrived on scene. HRE attacked the Venetians while Florence was under siege. The battle was long and bloody with both sides taking heavy losses but in the end the forces from HRE were just to strong. The Papal States then claimed Florence for themselves(Fiance not happy). Currently we are about 46 turns in and Venice has now lost Ragusa, Durazzo and Iraklion to the Byzantines but gained Balogna and Innsbruck from the HRE. She is now marching a force over to Zagreb to face off with the backstabbing Hungarians. I try and warn her of the dangers of the Byzantines but she ignores me(big surprise) and believes they will leave her alone now that she is confined mainly to Italy.

For my part Genoa sails off to claim Caligari(sp?) while the bulk of the Genoese forces march toward Milan. The battle of Caligari is a bloody mess but I managed to somehow pull it off, but I am not as fortuate against Milan. Over 1300 Genoese men march on Milan and less then 300 make it back to Genoa after the butchers bill is paid. I barely dented the Milan rebels and will have to hit them again at a later time when my forces are far better equipped. In a surprise move HRE attacks Genoa but is repelled. I take a large fleet and army down to Athens and take it rather easily and then move into Corinth. I am hoping to relieve some of the pressure the Byzantines are putting on Venice by doing this. While Corinth is under siege sicily attacks Cagliari and besieges it while the Crown of Aragorn attacks Genoa at the same moment. My armies are scattered and I am not sure if I will be able to hold out once the attacks begin.

This is as far as we have made it over the weekend, but I will update as we move along trying to spread pasta to the world. This is the first time I have written anything like this so I apologize for the wrong format or anything like that. I just wanted to share our experience in this wonderful game so far to you.

cheers,
    Jay & Rachelle

Jay, Rachelle, stop it. You're a couple, go make love or something for crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Staffen View Post
    Jay, Rachelle, stop it. You're a couple, go make love or something for crying out loud!
    Haha after 6 years there is plenty of time for other stuff if you know what I mean

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord View Post
    Were you playing on VH/VH??
    Nope, pretty sure it was medium campaign difficulty. Very hard battle difficulty though.

Jynx's Avatar Decanus

I'm too used to playing on Vh/Vh, I don't know what everything else is like anymore!
    80 years is simply not enough to enjoy all of the fun in the world, and out of it...

Hi new to the forums. Ive owned MTW II for a while now just found out about this mod last week, Love It. Have a Long Early Era campaign with the Kingdom of England M/M.

I've never played a game with a such a disruptive Pope/Papel States ever, then about 20,30 turns ago the pope died and there hasn't been one since same with the College of Cardinals. GONE Lots of christian nations fighting each other for about the first 90 or so turns, Muslims got very strong during this time don't know what I'm going to do about them yet. It's taken me a long time to get this far because early on I had a bitter war with Ireland they just didn't want to give it up lots of troops killed on both sides. Scotland was easy they got knocked out on the first 20 or so turns. Now I'm waring with France with my allies I took everything in the West and South of there kingdom while Norway took the middle, plus I blockaded all there ports. France is also waring with the HRE seems the HRE are getting the upper hand thanks to me and my allies. I expect them to fall soon have to retrain my army and let them rest just a bit before I start shipping out for the rest of France. Anyways thanks for this mod having a blast and its given me a reason to play MTW II again.

Nice one, Kynes.
    Usually, as England, I opt for the High sea trade routes.
    --> Take Antwerp, Brudges, Gronigen, then attack Denmark and the Scandinavia.

I think that not so many of players choose Poland or Hungary, while many already choose Byzantum.
    Currently, I'm playing Hungary with SS 6.2, RR/RC, vh/vh and doing pretty well, thanks to good diplomats and luck, lol.

I played many SS vh campaign before and I can deduct that some factions are not balanced.
    Before Hungary, I played the Knight Templars and Fatimid Caliphat. Both of them are smooth sailing, good economic base and powerful units.

I tried Teutonic Order once in vh/vh --> it's impossible.
    As Kiev' Rus, I can quickly decimate Novgorod, Lithuanian and even Poland. But after that, all the Catholic factions gang up on me with 4-5 full stacks roaming around in each of by border regions (except Hungary - my Ally). The Kiev military is not very strong in any category. My economic is mainly from the Black sea and Baltic (with Hanseatic League), but still not enough. After 20 turns of stand still, fighting the combined horde of Denmark, Sweden, Genoa, Venice, HRE around my Baltic borders (Settings, Madenburg, Thorn), my Hungary ally is preparing multiple stacks near my southern border to BETRAY me.
    --> No money left for raising armies to backstab Denmark and Sweden in Scandinavia (their troops are tied-up in my borders).

So, I decided to abandon Kiev'Rus campaign to start as Hungary.

Domesticus
    Artifex

I've abandoned my Novgorod for two reasons:
    1) my SS doesn't work at the moment
    2) when I tried to attack the last settlement of the Teutonic Order my catapults broke due to their fire ballista tower missiles.

Here is my campaign with the "forgotten" or less frequently play HUNGARY
    Settings: SS 6.2 vh/vh with RR/RC

Turn 101, I have around 30 regions. I control traditional Hungary regions, Greek + Constantinople, most of Anatolia, Antioch, Egypt (Alexandria, Cairo and Damentia), the islands (Rhodes, Cyprus)
    It's pretty smooth sailing once I supressed the Byzantum and pussed back the Fatimids

Other factions status:
    • The HRE was destroyed by my allies Poland and Venice. They equally divided the HRE territories into North-South. I didn't participate in this conquest at all.
    • The Kwaz Emprire is massive, number 1 in most categories. The Mongol just show up. I wonder if they can damage the Kwaz enough so that I can declare war on the Kwaz myself
    • Sicilly controls all Africa after destroying the Moors. In Iberia, Potugal fights Castige while every catholics gang up on Aragon --> complete chaos.
    • The Lithuania is my Ally (I don't remember when). They conered the Kiev'Rus and Novgorod.
    • Fatimids is almost depleted because they are My main invasion target.

My agents:
    I don't use much spies. I have 3 group of merchants however, with tons of Merchant Guild Master, Robber Baron traits. Gold, Glass and Spices are the very profitable resources to stand on.

Notes: take a look at my priest Battalion fighting the imams at Adana

My strategies until now:
    • Turn 1-15: expand as quickly as possible with mass milita spearman tactic. I was able to take Sophia, Duzaro and little castle next to it, along with traditional Belgrade, Bucharest and Iasi. Quick alliance was made with Poland (marriage), Venice and the Pope (7k for him to accept )
    • Turn 15-30: hard engagement with the Byzantum. They wanted to take Bucharest and Sophia --> I defend. I mustered my forces under the King and pressed towards Thessalonica and the Greek regions. After many decisive battles, the Byzantum was overcomed and depleted.
    • Turn 30-50: mop-up the Byzantum, defeating 2 full-stack armies to conquer Constantinople. Then I gained foothold in Anatolia while send the chilvarious Generals to boost up my castle upgrades. The Fatimids is pressing the Turks from the East --> I tried to avoid them for now
    • Turn 50-70: bitter war of attrition with the Fatimids around Ankara (occationally kill of the wandering Buzantum). Fatimids constantly throw 2 battle groups at me at Ankara, each group consists of 3-4 full stack armies (the quality is not that great though). It's a complete standstill.
    • Turn 70-80: I built up 2 armies from Greek and Andrianope, sailing, landing and backstab the Fatimids in Iconium and Adana. With the disrupted troop supplies, their Ankara front withered. I was able to advance and take the big fortress of Cesaria.
    • Turn 80-100: Advance to Antioch, calling Crusade on Jerusalem (the Pope eventually conquer it ) while I sailling and capture Egypt. The Kwaz Empire is very strong --> I would not challenge them for now and wait for the Mongol's arrival to weaken them.
    Last edited by boss_tay; October 14, 2009 at 12:06 PM.

Domesticus
    Artifex

Can't see them...

Quote Originally Posted by FinnKing View Post
    Can't see them...
    Sorry, it's take a while to post the images on different onelinec services

Domesticus
    Artifex

Your campaign has been succesful. I give a +rep to you as I'm really generous today.

My empire so far. I'm the Byzantiums and play with SS 6,2 newest RR/RC.

I allied with the Seljuks, because I want to conquer Europe and let the Islam factions deal with eachother, which is working very well at the moment. The Mongols will deal with them later I think.
    I also allied with Hungary and conquered Venice after that. I also conquered Ascoli, Bari, Naples, Palermo and the other Italian city from Sicily.
    I had to break my alliance with the HRE because they attacked Hungary, which I didn't like, because I was just trying to get Rome from the Pope. Now I hope that I crush the Pope asap, because I know for sure I will be in war with the HRE and the Fatimid within 10 turns and I need all my army for that. Lucky for me is that the Imams just have called a Jihad on Frankfurt, which will hold the HRE for somewhile I pressume.

I'm doubting what I will do with Sicily. I don't want to expand in Africa yet, but they control the seas with many fleets so it's really hard for me to get new troops in from Greece. My finances aren't that great anymore too

Ouch on the Kwaz empire boss_tay, though in my SS games the Kwaz empire is usually held in check by the Turks. Unless you had something to do with their deaths lol.

Cross, you should have kept your alliance with the HRE and then joined in on attacking the Hungarians. Hungary is usually a pain for me in my Byz games, so I usually try to take them out first.
    Apachean Tribes Guide
    Tarascans Guide
    Mayans Guide

If you have a request for a guide on any of the civs in Medieval Total War 2 or it's expansion Kingdoms, send me a mail on this.

Norway
    (Teutonic Dominion of Latvia and Estonia, The English Crown of Normandy and Lorraine and Aragonese and Barcid Spain are my vassal "states".)

Last edited by JiangZiya; October 23, 2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Title
    let's conspire to Ignite
    the Lives of those who'd Die
    just to feel Alive
    Point Blank's RR/RC for Stainless Steel 6.2

Hi, I was just wondering how you guys reveal the mini map, without scouting the whole map, because I can't figure out!

oh and @boss_tay

How do you get your cities and castles to look like this: http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/a...s_tay/0008.jpg, because I've been trying to find some way to change the textures of cities and castels
    Last edited by The Turk; October 24, 2009 at 10:28 AM.

Map information so you can see the territory ownership, but usually for the purpose of screenshots - press "~" while in-game to open the console, then type "toggle_fow"