Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Kodiac's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Post your Empires!

SS 6, H/VH

Trying out England for the first time and I had a very tough time knocking out Scotland. The Pope was from England and everytime I go for Scotland, he would tell me to cease fighting. And then I see the Scotts fighting me and taking one of my cities and the Pope does nothing . When I managed to get Scotland out of thier homeland all of my gains accross the English Channel were from fighting with the Scotts except one. The last city Scotland owned was Cologne, and after I took control of that city they were wiped out. Not much longer after that and HRC attacked me lol. Not sure if playing at H/VH is for me yet, still need to keep playing and learning. I've been allied with France for over 170 turns now and I have never seen that in any other TW game.

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiac View Post
    SS 6, H/VH

Trying out England for the first time and I had a very tough time knocking out Scotland. The Pope was from England and everytime I go for Scotland, he would tell me to cease fighting. And then I see the Scotts fighting me and taking one of my cities and the Pope does nothing . When I managed to get Scotland out of thier homeland all of my gains accross the English Channel were from fighting with the Scotts except one. The last city Scotland owned was Cologne, and after I took control of that city they were wiped out. Not much longer after that and HRC attacked me lol. Not sure if playing at H/VH is for me yet, still need to keep playing and learning. I've been allied with France for over 170 turns now and I have never seen that in any other TW game.
    could you toggle_fow to show the whole map to post? and plz crop to just the map
    my other horse is a space ship

Playing Teutonic Order on H/H - SS 6

Just lost two battles against Novgorod overwhelming forces defending their last stronghold in Smolensk. They have now become vasslas of of Kievan Rus and I'll have to either declare a ceasefire or face their mighty allies

Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Kodiac's Avatar Libertus

Now I know for sure that I need to learn alot with MTW, compared to RTW. I use to just go to preferences folder to take off fow. Not sure how to do it with MTW, looked all over but here is the save game file

hit the accent/tilde button (` or ~) to bring up the console and type toggle_fow to turn it off, then back on

man you guys are good. I went the usual slow conquest method of SS5.1 and soon found out that this is SS6 not 5.1. Now i might have abetter economy than the rest of the world and Constantinople gets around 5000 every turn but hell, o don;t have the armies.
    Maybe thats because im playing vh/vh.

i might post some in the future.
    Seriously though vh/vh is CRAZY

better get back to playing and pump up those armies
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Indefinitely Banned
    The People's Glorious Republic of Ireland

Now I know for sure that I need to learn alot with MTW, compared to RTW. I use to just go to preferences folder to take off fow. Not sure how to do it with MTW, looked all over but here is the save game file
    Plese note if you are using a UK keyboard you have to press @

Kodiac's Avatar Libertus

LMAO I feel like I've cheated now.

LMAO I feel like I've cheated now.
    wow, the HRE is toast, france is severely weakened, and it looks like leon-castile is gone

Kodiac's Avatar Libertus

Ya I didn't know France is that weak but, things can turn around real quick. If the Danes attack me and HRC at the same time I might have to retreat with squelched earth policy and destroy all buildings but churches. Then jump on my ships and sack every Dane city from the sea . When I was taking care of Scotland I can field 5 full stacks and still get over 5000 each turn.

is it just me or does france get absolutly OWNED in 6.0? so far all my games they've been demolished by genoa/aragon. they seem to backstab me less (as england)

Quote Originally Posted by Tresidentevil View Post
    is it just me or does france get absolutly OWNED in 6.0? so far all my games they've been demolished by genoa/aragon. they seem to backstab me less (as england)
    try playing as france instead, even on vh/vh it's super easy. they start big, have large armies, good castles, expanding is a breeze. the computer just doesn't use their strengths well.

and what's the deal with norway/kwazars imploding?

defence of lithuania's eastern border

i'd have at least 3 more provinces by now but im stuck because i have to fight william wallace's army, the game crashes and the ing quickfix doesnt even install

Quote Originally Posted by oou420 View Post
    defence of lithuania's eastern border
    i'd have at least 3 more provinces by now but im stuck because i have to fight william wallace's army, the game crashes and the ing quickfix doesnt even install
    it used to happen to me with william wallace but then i installed all the kingdoms expansions then it worked

Nice stars on that general! How did you get so many?
    I find it really hard to get command stars for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by melancholic View Post
    Nice stars on that general! How did you get so many?
    I find it really hard to get command stars for mine.
    give him a big army and fight a lot of wandering rebel armies. you won't go to war with anyone, and you'll get fun stars to be prepared for when you do.

The Khwarezmian empire, turn 65 late campaign.

The mongols were finally defeated in the most epic battle at the siege of Urgench, where the Khwarezmian Crown prince Ala-addin (sic ) fought until his bodyguard and army lay slain in the field of battle. He actually had to retreat from the battle because I had only the Prince himself and a few spearmen left, whereas the mongols had about 10 bodyguards (no general) and some spearmen and trebuchet crew. But even though Ala-addin retreated, the Mongols were destroyed since he had killed all the remaining three Mongol generals in the battle.

The Mongols defended the town centre. Those bloody trebuchets killed half my army.

Ala-addin retreats from the devastated city

Even though it would seem a clear defeat, it wasn't.
    Last edited by Eriol; April 25, 2008 at 05:33 AM.

Didn't really go like I planned. I wanted to take out Scotland and Ireland first, but while I was at capturing Antwerp and Groningen or so, the French idiots got themselves excommunicated and attacked me, so I had to concentrate on them. Genoa pressed from south, so it wasn't a problem. I wanted to get them as vassals, but they didn't even accept a ceasefire, so I just captured their last city Clermont and gave it to the Templars, just for fun and because they lost their capital.
    Then almost everyone approached me for alliances, did that and now I'm just building up because it's more fun that way and the AI has time to conquer large empires for me to fight later on.

I dont have 6.0 yet; and my friend is borrowing my original DVDs so i cant make a clean install for a properly working 5.1, so if I could make a request!

Can anyone show me any maps of insanely displaced factions? I always laugh.Preferably AI since any actual player can easily do it. But player factions are still ok.