Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by Dontom View Post
    My VH/VH Early Era Campaign with Denmark. I went for a very conservative start and i am surprised at my extremely poor income as it is now which is 1,500 florins a turn roughly with 11 cities and 2 castles.

The plan now is to go and take the British Isles before pushing south into northern France and maybe the Iberian Peninsula.

I'm relatively new to the game also so i may be doing this all wrong
    Nah it looks like a solid start, you have protected your back by taking out Norway and created two buffers with Riga and Hamburg. with serves well to protect Scandinavia and thereby reducing the need to keeping garrisons there.
    Besides your solid plan the thing to consider is probably how to deal with Novogrod. If allowed to grow strong they will certainly go for Riga and that will distract you from the Brittish isle. It would be really useful for you if you could prevent that by getting their neighbors to take them out. Especially if you can snatch Novogrod itself in the process.

The Scandinavian cities need to be developed a bit before the generate allot of money. Or perhaps your keeping a heavy garison. The AI is pretty single minded so you usually only need troops at the first city they will attack.

Hunnis's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    Once you control a settlement, double ckick on it to bring up the settlement window.
    At the top of the window where the settlement name is, highlight it and then type in anything you want. It will change on the campaign map as well.
    thank you!

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

The screenies are great. The campaign map is so beautiful....

I can never get those dmn germans to give me a ceasefire after i take Bologna.
    Well, I also took Innsbruck were I killed another German general, next to the faction heir at Bologna. A princes of the Reich approached me for a ceasefire, I asked 5000 florins, they accepted . I´m pretty happy about it at the moment because I really can´t take a war with the HRE next to my current wars with the Byzantin Empire and Genua. This is how my empire looks now:

Took Constantinopel, thus driving the Byzantines out of Greece, and Genua and Milan, driving the Genuese out of Italy.

nice....conquer jerusalem NOW XD
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

stoma's Avatar Libertus

Wow nice empires shenryyr!
    I take it you didn't go to school/work yesterday.

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by stoma View Post
    Wow nice empires shenryyr!
    I take it you didn't go to school/work yesterday.
    lol no those were all during beta testing
    my other horse is a space ship

stoma's Avatar Libertus

Oh I was almost worried for a second there haha.

Quote Originally Posted by petrus_ View Post
    Nah it looks like a solid start, you have protected your back by taking out Norway and created two buffers with Riga and Hamburg. with serves well to protect Scandinavia and thereby reducing the need to keeping garrisons there.
    Besides your solid plan the thing to consider is probably how to deal with Novogrod. If allowed to grow strong they will certainly go for Riga and that will distract you from the Brittish isle. It would be really useful for you if you could prevent that by getting their neighbors to take them out. Especially if you can snatch Novogrod itself in the process.

The Scandinavian cities need to be developed a bit before the generate allot of money. Or perhaps your keeping a heavy garison. The AI is pretty single minded so you usually only need troops at the first city they will attack.
    Thanks man, nice tips

Quote Originally Posted by shenryyr View Post
    lol no those were all during beta testing

On what difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Since_1985 View Post
    On what difficulty?
    almost all are vh/vh, some are h/vh by request to test out some specific things with quark's changes to the ai

almost all are vh/vh, some are h/vh by request to test out some specific things with quark's changes to the ai
    thx

Icon1 Re: Post your Empires!

here's a few I've played. the first one was fun, playing as the fatimids, we completely relocated to Rome to start a new moslem world in the seat of christianity.
    I saw you played more than 10+ campaigns since the hour of release. This means you must have played 24 hours a day!
    Wow... btw +rep.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    I saw you played more than 10+ campaigns since the hour of release. This means you must have played 24 hours a day!
    Wow... btw +rep.

shenryyr was a beta tester so he got the game long before us.

took all my men, hired a boat and drove all the way to dublin (15 turns). Went to war with Ireland, took Dublin and Kork. Then went bankrupt, had to survive attacks by Ireland, England and Scotland without being able to restock or even retrain.
    Fortunately England got excomm'ed, and Spain decided to invade Ireland, drawing some attention away from me. I went from "at war" -> "ceasefire" -> "alliance" with scotland.
    With their help I destroyed Ireland an here I am:

Quote Originally Posted by hachel View Post
    took all my men, hired a boat and drove all the way to dublin
    For Knights Templar, that's not a bad idea. I had tons of fun doing that with the Fatimids to Rome. Will definitely have to do it again, the whole idea of relocating a faction is hilarious and awesome at the same time.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

I would like to move T.O. to the Byz Empire of the map.

Bacon!'s Avatar Decanus

My game as the Kawazimians (sp?), not at war with anyone right now and allys with the cumans :hmmm::

Soylent Green is people!!!

Bump

The screenies are great. The campaign map is so beautiful....

I can never get those dmn germans to give me a ceasefire after i take Bologna.
    Just buy it off them it may set you back a little but it's no real big problem unless you blitz.
    "...Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of Hell
    Rode the six hundred.
    " - Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Australia View Post
    Just buy it off them it may set you back a little but it's no real big problem unless you blitz.
    Buying settlements from the AI is kind of cheating because the AI cant evaluate the offers properly

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team