Page 166 of 167 FirstFirst ... 66116141156157158159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 3338

Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

VH/VH with Bugfix and Viva La Rebellion
    Late Campaing France

I just conquered spanish lands and managed to launch offensive against Norway. Papal States managed to attack thru my trusty bufferzone HRE into my lands and got few of my unguarded settlements. After I manage to push them back to Rome I propably take those two citadels at islands west from Italy.

My original plan was to take Brittish Isles and to build bufferzone to iberia from Portugal and focus on shaping Europe, but spaniards refused to comply with my plans and I had to annex them all. Also England and Scotland focused to attack my coastal settlements instead of beating each others as they are supposed to. So, I had only little resources to puppetmaster, I managed to save seljuks from mongols and aided Lithuania against Novgorod.

After taking spain I sent most of my cannonfodder units to their homes to save money for project great gay cruise. Goal is to send armies to revive Cuman Khanate and build them an empire to near-east and Africa. Lithuanian pagans will have Europe and I will be only christian nation left. Pope has been angry to me whole game, but somehow I havent been targetted with crusades. Well, good luck targeting them to me at future when christianity is soon forgotten and pagans rule once more!

I have two citadels in France, one in England and one in Ireland, and 4 in Spain. Rest of fortresses have been converted to cities.
    Last edited by Astarte; February 19, 2017 at 11:06 AM.

The whole "developing an empire" thing lost it's appeal for me a long time ago. I focus primarily on the battle dynamic. I do not waste time on superfluous game mechanics (unnecessary buildings, trait micromanagement, diplomacy, etc.) On VH/VH, Gracul, I seek to possess all 199 territories in as few turns as possible--Maximum aggression.

My play style is probably a touch sterile relative to other thread entries, but check the imgur gallery link in my signature to see my progress.
    Last edited by Conrad The Mad; February 05, 2017 at 02:55 PM.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad The Mad View Post
    The whole "developing an empire" thing lost it's appeal for me a long time ago. I focus primarily on the battle dynamic. I do not waste time on superfluous game mechanics (unnecessary buildings, trait micromanagement, diplomacy, etc.) On VH/VH, Gracul, I seek to possess all 199 territories in as few turns as possible--Maximum aggression.

My play style is probably a touch sterile relative to other thread entries, but check the imgur gallery link in my signature to see my progress.
    There is no way you can beat the game in 30 turns unless your using console commands.

Quote Originally Posted by strife1013 View Post
    There is no way you can beat the game in 30 turns unless your using console commands.
    There absolutely is, because I did it. I am working on a guide that would show people how, but I'm not sure if I care to give up my potential advantage if I decide to play hotseat or perhaps other reasons.

I have logged an embarrassing amount of hours on the game. I am decent at battle map mechanics, but when it comes to manipulating the campaign map, I am reasonably sure that I am among the best in the world.
    Last edited by Conrad The Mad; February 09, 2017 at 12:52 PM.

There absolutely is, because I did it. I am working on a guide that would show people how, but I'm not sure if I care to give up my potential advantage if I decide to play hotseat or perhaps other reasons.

I have logged an embarrassing amount of hours on the game. I am decent at battle map mechanics, but when it comes to manipulating the campaign map, I am reasonably sure that I am among the best in the world.
    Hi Conrad,

this is a new angle to the game. Great deeds.

I doubt it anyway. But:

If you were to show it turn by turn how to win with KShahs (your gallery) on VH/VH, Gracul, then any other faction would be a no brainer.

Who cares about hot seat btw.

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs_frosties View Post
    Hi Conrad,

this is a new angle to the game. Great deeds.

I doubt it anyway. But:

If you were to show it turn by turn how to win with KShahs (your gallery) on VH/VH, Gracul, then any other faction would be a no brainer.

Who cares about hot seat btw.
    I have considered this as well. The issue is that many of my strategies are universally Total War. Should Total War campaigns ever become more popular as multiplayer, I'd be giving up a tremendous advantage. But the achievement is such, that I understand why people would think I'm cheating.

I will consider making a gallery of a play through, but it will likely be a replay of KE. There is something about the ease of a game, once you've wiped out the Mongols very early. Or perhaps I will just play an early campaign, so that I don't have to worry about them at all.

Also. You said "I doubt it." What is it that you doubt?
    Last edited by Conrad The Mad; February 10, 2017 at 09:19 AM.

I have considered this as well. The issue is that many of my strategies are universally Total War. Should Total War campaigns ever become more popular as multiplayer, I'd be giving up a tremendous advantage. But the achievement is such, that I understand why people would think I'm cheating.

I will consider making a gallery of a play through, but it will likely be a replay of KE. There is something about the ease of a game, once you've wiped out the Mongols very early. Or perhaps I will just play an early campaign, so that I don't have to worry about them at all.

Also. You said "I doubt it." What is it that you doubt?

@ kellogs_frosties https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWR8...gendofTotalWar

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post

Redemption! Thanks, Dekhatres! I really didn't want to bother having to prove it. +Rep

I should add, I don't do that save/load spamming. That is ridiculous. It's not to say I never save and load because I see a better move I could have made. But holy hell, to me that is just beyond exploitation. I'm not interested in beating his world record.
    Last edited by Conrad The Mad; February 11, 2017 at 10:49 AM.

What's the point in beating the game in 30 turns? Or even 60 turns?
    The whole reason the game is still loved after so many years is developing a nation.... building your family etc...
    I think the family mechanic is the biggest, every Total War game after has downplayed and/or minimized it.

Im currently playing a 250+ turn English campaign, almost solely trying to recreate historical families there.
    Ive got a Stuart family in Edinburgh... Tutor, Howard, Plantaganet and Bolyn families in my 4 south England cities.
    All vying to see who will be the next King.

p.s.
    How I get the families I want took a lot of turns of people trying to marry my daughters (and in some cases "ladies of the court") waiting for the right Noble name to pop up, then making sure that union flourished.
    Its not easy once you have it either. Gotta make sure only 1 of a given family's sons gets married... otherwise you can risk lack of children and/or spouse opportunities for other families.
    Also, more families means more chances to have only daughters and kill the family line... + chances of betrayal etc...
    So, a fun challenge.
    Last edited by Duck of Death; February 13, 2017 at 07:47 PM.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

Kinda stalled on a Scottish campaign (that I may pick up again soon) based around the family line of William Wallace.
    about 100 turns in... Wallace's grandson is now King (Ferodad Wallace, I think).
    Took over all of Britain to London then forced the British into being my underlings in exchange for all their former lands. Also own western Scandanavia and am at war with the Dutch!!

Im kinda talking myself into picking that up now hehe...

p.s.
    Oops... Wallace's great-great-grandson (Aed) is King and its 152 turns in. But, my other Royal family (Macleod's) has the Prince. Both have sons. Strife awaits upon Aed's death.

While the Wallaces rule in Edinburgh, the MacLeods (there can be only one!) control the highlands!
    Civil war???

p.p.s.
    Also own the 2 territories in west Africa, southern Greece and Antioch... Got Turks breathing down my neck there... I may just sell it to the Pope.

p.p.p.s.
    Always keep a diplomat outside of Rome and all your neighboring countries as possible... even your enemies, as they will sometimes agree to give you some land in exchange for you stopping slaughtering them
    Last edited by Duck of Death; February 13, 2017 at 08:41 PM.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

@ Duck of Death,

That's pretty cool dude. I've never thought about that sort of immersion, even when I'm not steam rolling, and actually want to build a country. I might give that a shot if I want a drawn out campaign.

As all my enemies in Europe has been destroyed and their lands repopulated by pagans, the great gay cruise has been launched;

These armies will respawn Cuman Khanate (thanks to viva la rebellion mod) to Baie near constantinopole and start mincing down Ayuubid sultanate and Novgorod.

I was supposed to have one more swiss army, but just little ago when I got excommunicated and group of my pikemen I had been gathering whole game decited to rebel;

Last edited by Astarte; February 19, 2017 at 12:02 PM.

Here's a new campaign I just started on Crusader States, Gracul AI, VH/VH, no diplomacy allowed for the player...this is 7th turn or so, I'll post an update in 50 turns or so.
    Took Cairo, Gaza and Al Aqaba from the Fatimids so far on the south. Northen part can be seen on the screenshot.

"Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

Interesting that you chose not to take Cyprus, or at least bribe/buy it.

Usually it is among the first targets for many players playing crusaders.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I could never see the point of playing Crusaders. It always seemed like any territories you capture would be unhistorical and unrealistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    I could never see the point of playing Crusaders. It always seemed like any territories you capture would be unhistorical and unrealistic.
    Yeah well, the game does allow the CS to recruit western style heavy troops in the Levant, is that historical?
    Would have been more realistic IMO, if such troops were only available as mission rewards and the only recruitable troop types were local levies (of low loyalty and morale) and mercenaries.
    (On the other hand Egypt and Mesopotamia provided a near endless supply of jihadists-still do).

And the mod does make CS a single faction with a unified sense of purpose, is that historical?
    Was it not the reality of the day that the CS were independent principalities, only forming ad hoc alliances, even -sometimes- with Muslim princes against Christian rivals?

From the above unhistoricities grow the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Eh, without Nur ad Din and Saladin, the kingdom of Jerusalem would possibly become a major power or even an empire.

The crusader conquest of Fatimid Egypt was a reality at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    Interesting that you chose not to take Cyprus, or at least bribe/buy it.

Usually it is among the first targets for many players playing crusaders.
    I play with no diplomacy. Besides that, I'd like to see you take or bribe Cyprus on Gracul AI VH/VH and stay alive longer than 30 turns.
    Being my most played faction, I've finished probably around 100 CS campaigns by now and not a single one of them included taking Nicosia at start. Why? Because on Gracul and VH/VH, the AI will overwhelm you unless you have a very good game plan. Mine consists of destroying the Fatimid Caliphate by turn 10-15 and also selling northern settlements, including Antioch ASAP to finance the conquest of Fatimid, creating a strong rebel borber between my realm, Seljuks and soon-to-be, Byzantines, allowing you to build up for the future conquest relatively safely. I grew first 2 citadels on the map in that period btw, Gaza and Kerak. Anyway, going further in depth with this would require too much typing so back to the campaign above;

I'm at turn 110, besieging Constantinople and Adrianople atm. Fatimids are gone a century ago, Seljuks have 1 or 2 regions for the last 50 turns. Kwharz and Byzantium were #1 and #2 powers, surpassed by me now that I've taken a lot of their territory. I went into this war with 200,000 I prepared to finance my armies and it was barely enough at one point. I will stop at Adrianople for now and secure my European borders then turn my attention to the Mongol invasion which is about to happen in 10ish turns but I am very well prepared and waiting. Thing is, I got bored this time, so not sure if I will finish this.

Screens ;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Still didn't retake Edessa which I sold to Byzantium at turn 7 or so, I will go east now that Byzantium has been/will be pacified.

Meh.
    Last edited by LeonidasOfSparta; June 20, 2017 at 10:47 AM.

If you are feeling too powerful already, perhaps sell your African and Arabian provinces to the Papal States to downsize your income.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    If you are feeling too powerful already, perhaps sell your African and Arabian provinces to the Papal States to downsize your income.
    I would but my faction leader is a lunatic, says he's going to pillage Rome and declare himself as the Pope after the Mongol invasion. Byzantium is down to 3 provinces now, I will focus my attention to Mongols then heading for Europe. I'll post an update when Mongols are almost finished.