Thread: Post your Empires!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Post your Empires!

If it's embedeed i don't need to that

Default Re: Post your Empires!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

So, started a Lithuania Campaign two weeks ago. Stainless Steel 6.3 VH/VH, RR, Longer Assimilation and Permanent Watchtowers.

Started by crushing the Teutons in a 10 turn war that ended when I offered them Vassalage. They haven't bothered me since and are sitting quietly in Riga with their half-stack.

Crushed Denmark when they tried to fight and made them a vassal. Novgorod I attacked after they picked a war with another ally (Poland I think). Grabbed enough territory and prepared for the Mongols. Soon after, I attacked Kiev and crushed them until the Hungarians (my allies) made them a vassal when I was a turn short of eliminating them.

It delayed me for all of 3 turns, as Hungary went to war with Byzantium, who was allied to Kiev breaking their little tryst and allowing me to finish the job without the reputation blow. The Mongols arrived at this time to finish off Novgorod for me. Immediately fortified all the river crossings near Azaq in the South, and filled Novgorod/Smolensk with spearmen and archers.

They proved quite useless. For some reason, the Mongols wanted peace with me and have shifted most of their troops to the south against Turkey and Egypt. Got trade rights with them and map info, then waved them away before turning my sight to the West. It might have something to do with being the only other Pagan nation....

Poland was dominating Europe about 40 turn ago and were making headway into France until the Pope called a Crusade on them. That meant my Christian Allies were going to war and as much as it pained me too (not really), I chose to take the Pope's side. The fact that I rushed into the unprotected rear of Poland and snatched several territories I had been eyeing a few years later had nothing to do with my decision of course.

Repeated the process with Hungary when I blitzed through their heartlands, taking 6 settlements in 3 turns before they sued for peace, which the Great Pagan King was kind enough to accept.

Now, the Kingdom of Lithuania stands as Europe's most powerful nation, and whose strength could only be rivaled by the Mongols and the Fatimids (if they weren't to busy killing each other, that is). Half of Europe fears for their lives. The other half has already been sucked into an alliance with Lithuania through marriage and bribery.

Will probably spend the next 5-10 turns consolidating the Magyar Annex and retraining my armies in preparation for the final push against Hungary and secure the Balkans for myself. After which I'll buy off Constantinople from the Byzantines. If they refused, I'll wait for the Mongols to take it and buy it from them, then proceed to build a wall of forts to defend against any crossings into Europe. With luck, the Mongols and Fatimid will tire each other out, then I can wipe them both out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2014-08-15 01-00-41-47.jpg   kingdoms 2014-08-15 01-01-03-57.jpg   kingdoms 2014-08-15 01-01-24-35.jpg  

Kiev 1158 SSHIP M/M

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

First turns were spent levying an “army” from Kiev / Pereyaslav. I disbanded most units everywhere else because 480/spearman was pretty steep for places that won’t see combat for a while. Peasants are cheap and they can police things just as well.

Between minor construction and my levied militia I end each turn with less than 500 gold, but at least I have a full stack of units and a few peasants shot out every now and then to police newly captured settlements. Started at war with Lithuania and the Cumans, one was closer so I went south to the Black Sea. A spy caught a small force of Cumans moving from Iasi so I moved there first. After a tense river battle I captured the settlement and made a straight line for Azaq. Azaq got a little bloody. Cumans started gaining the upper hand over the stream of militia coming from Kiev/Pereyaslav due to financial difficulties and a ton of arrows. Seriously. Bekh Druzhinas tore up my army battle after battle. Levy archers were useless against them due to losing half a unit per Bekh volley. Chudes were useless due to dying before getting in range. After losing several thousand men I called it quits and made a ceasefire. Gained Iasi, Oleshye, and was luckily able to hold onto Azaq(barely). The next turn Cumans offered an alliance; I was skeptical, but heck why not. Not like I could match Sarkel’s production anytime soon.

At some point during the attacks on Cumania, I levied up a small army at Smolensk. Nothing special, but I sent them on a long march to the Rostov area. The army managed to capture Murom and Ryazan with very little resistance. Chernigov however was a giant gaping hole in the middle of all my newly gained territory… a gaping hole with a full stack of real troops (Druzhina / Senior Militia) for a garrison and a few marauding rebel groups in the area. Smolensk army is pretty far and won’t see action soon since my spies report Bolghar to the Far East is similarly powerful…and very far. I distribute the army of Smolensk between the new settlements and disband the leftovers until I’m left with peasants for policemen again. A new army levied at Kiev / Pereyaslav, this time Pechenegs from Volodymyr are included.

As expected with the addition of horse archers, I made a quick heroic victory over the marauders and sieged Chernigov. Despite less Junior Militia and more Druzhina / Senior Militia in my army, I was not going to risk a very blood siege and sat down for a few turns. This allowed me to actually build things in my territories, including the very important and expensive roads. The battle with the depleted forces of Chernigov was a lot more manageable with only 300 deaths. I sat in the city in awe at their armorer until everyone had shiny coats.

I drew up some plans in the meantime with the help of my spies. Novgorod came next and I moved my new sparkly army toward Polotsk. I also noticed I had an increasingly heavy purse with just one real army and all these cities. I levied another army in Smolensk composed of whatever the heck I could recruit there and sent them north to Novgorod. My shiny army hit a full stack outside Polotsk (returning from Estonia) and smashed them. Sad really, since their composition was similar to the army I used against the Cumans, aka, more Junior Militia than sense.

A few turns later Novgorod fell to the army of Smolensk. It was a battle as bloody as river crossings against Bekhs due to the large amount of Novgorod cavalry. Chude Militia do not live long against direct charges, even with their high armor. However, a point blank javelin volley does help them win out in the long run… as does supporting Bardiche Militia waiting for the cavalry to slow down. After the battle was over, the 4 Chude units were able to combine to form one full strength one. Pleskov went down without a fight to the shiny army a turn later.

Things learned in campaign:

Being selective with generals and their wives helps them not plot and usurp you. (Chivalry vs dread)
    Distance to capital and permanent unrest is difficult, but hordes of peasant-policemen fix many problems.
    So many goddamn rebels in Russia, built extra watchtowers so they can alternate and I can still see things= Less devastation / trade interruption.
    Kiev & Novgorod can make armies out of thin air.

Things learned in battle:

Chude Militia work as bait for a cavalry charge with Bardiche Militia waiting. Cav breaks through the Chude line as Bardiche charge cavalry.
    Bekh Druzhinas hurt. Really, they have like 7 missile attack or something. Ow.
    Few extra formations to use here and there.
    Battles in forests are difficult. Could use some tips on this actually, it is difficult to see and leads to unnecessary losses.
    Never leave home without your javelin men. Form two parallel lines, or a V, near the gate and watch them drop enemy cavalry (and anything else really, but especially cavalry). Works well with Crossbowmen too.

Current goals are to finish Novgorod by taking Estonia and then vassalizing them in Finland, then moving down through Lithuania until I hit Twangtse(rebel province north of Poland). Might take Halych(the rebel province north of Hungary) while positioning myself to attack Poland. Nothing could possibly go wrong by me going deeper into Europe...

Not much of an empire yet but i has been a fun campaign so far, I started it to test some stuff in the RKOfA (Regional Knight Orders for All) submod, but had so much fun I kept playing xD.

Faction: Crusader States
    Submods: Vanilla SS + Bugfix Compilation and RKOfA
    Difficulty: H/M

Spoiler for story
    The campain started with me moving all my troops to the south to take out the Fatimids ASAP, in the way I took Damascus because it was a just too easy prey to miss it, the rebels had moved the garrison away leaving only 1 unit defending, so captured it and then proceeded to take Kerak because is a really strategic castle and had to do it before the Fatimids.

After all that, the Fatimids declared war on me by blockading Jerusalem's port and I responded with full force besieging and taking Gaza, and then Al Aqaba but when I went for Damietta, the Fatimids showed up with 2 full stacks, at the same time the Turks started mobilizing troops too close to my nearly unprotected Edessa and Antioch so I decided to retreat. Turks had an army near Adana ready to lay siege but I saw an opportunity right there and snatched it to sell it to the Byz to force them into conflict with the Turks which worked!. After surviving a siege to Edessa by the Turks, I sold it to Genoa for some good money to rebuild my forces and finally requested a crusade to Damietta to weaken the Fatimids.

The Genoese in Edessa defended it fiercely resisting 2 consecutive sieges but fell in a 3rd one, by then Damascus was seemingly next but instead of trying to increase the garrison I just sold it to the french for a modest amount of cash plus a tribute of 1000f for 15 years, this would allow me to keep the pressure on the Fatimids while the crusaders from Europe arrived, however i made the mistake of neglecting the Arabian peninsula west coast which was soon all under control of the Fatimids and pumping out stacks to attack me...I joined the crusade in the last turn and conquered Damietta for myself but not without the help of a huge HRE army covering my back, so i decided to reward them with Al Aqaba, as well as to place another buffer from the Fatimids armies coming from the Arabian peninsula.

With Damietta and Gaza defending the southwest from skirmishing Fatimids, i created an army with intentions of conquering their arabian territories but would never be used to that, since at that time the turkish incursions in the northern border were getting bolder every time, and Byzantines had declared a truce with them so things would only get worse...soon they were besieging Damascus, which the french defended very well but Antioch got assaulted and while I managed to hold back a 1st attack, others would soon follow as there were lots of seljuk stacks lurking around. Thus I decided to sell Antioch to Sicily and requested a crusade to Mosul, that crusade was epic!, armies from Norway, Hungary, Venice and Genoa stormed the turks, not without the hungarians getting some troubles with the byzies but what the heck, it was a success. In the end the genoese captured the fortress and still have it, I had taken Edessa back after a long time but preferred to sell it to the Venetians to let them keep their army around and protect me from further turkish incursions.

While I was busy capturing Aleppo and Tartus from the disjointed Seljuks, the Fatimids regained a bit of their strength and managed to briefly take Al Aqaba from the germans stationed there, so I quickly captured it followed by Tayma where i exterminated the population and sent the town back to the stone age, I was about to follow to Medina and do the same but it was a castle much better defended and also they attacked Damietta which i had left with a skeleton crew, so i moved back there to break the siege and attack other incoming armies from the west. It was a relief to see that the Byzies renewed their conflict with the Turks as well as the Kwarezmian joining in, that meant me and my european allies in the north would get some peace, so moved forces back to the south to finish the Fatimids once and for all, or at least I thought so.

Apparently the Fatimids had been busy creating 2 huge armies which i defeated but at a high cost and while i had lots of money my recruitment pools were depleted and would take some time to rebuild my forces, so i waited fending off their skirmishes and using my priests to annoy them converting their population to christanity...soon i was able again to call another crusade so did it toward Cairo which a polish army captured with ease while I took Alexandria and Luxor, then rapidly captured Medina and Mecca...only to realize that they still had two colonies left in Benghazi and Tripoli, but of course by then they were already too weak and no longer presented a threat, so just captured Benghazi and left them in Tripoli which i hoped the sicilians would take eventually.

Meanwhile all that, the Turks were being beaten badly by the Byz and Kwarezmian so I just sent lots of spies and priests to their former territories to cause unrest annoying their new masters, keeping them busy xD, In the other side of the map the Almoravids were beating the castilians and portuguese so I gave them a substantial monetary help which evened the tide a bit, but the Almoravid responded with a Jihad to Toledo. The brave castilians resisted like 3 sieges but Toledo ultimately fell, so used the Crusade card once more, to Silves, I was aiming to make it like that one against the turks which weakened them badly but the portuguese quickly captured the settlement and it was the end of it, I had sent a small crusading force of militias and levant local warriors expecting to reinforce it with european mercs but when they arrived there the crusade was over already and no good mercs were available and so they got crushed badly by an Almoravids ambush when I attempted to capture a seemingly weakly defended Valencia...in the retreat back to Jerusalem I diverted the remnant force to capture the Balearic Islands, still in rebel hands, so at least the expedition wouldn't be completely worthless, taking it wasn't a cakewalk but there now i have a future base of operation to raid the Almoravids xD.

So all was peaceful, I started to invest more in settlement development, made the remaining Fatimids my vassals, renewed and intensified my spies and priests missionaries in the bordering Kwarezmian territories and I guess they got fed up not being able to cross the Arabian dessert to attack me, so they called a Jihad to Jerusalem!...to which the Fatimids unofficially joined by breaking from my vassalage, declaring war and capturing Benghazi. Good thing I already had 2 huge armies around Jerusalem, which crushed 2 of the Kwarezemian jihadist forces, however there is still a 3rd one in its way along an Almoravid one which I'm planning to stop near Benghazi and kill 2 birds with a single stone and that's all for now. The image bellow is showing the family tree and minimap.

Spoiler for map and family tree

Currently doing my own Crusader States playthrough, VH/VH.
    I've been allied with Egypt since the start and they've proven to be worthy allies - I was sure they'd eventually turn on me but they're honourable buggers, hence I have adopted a live and let live policy even though their lands are mighty juicy. I am also allied to the Khwarezmians in the east, a direction in which I have no intention of expanding since the Mongols will show up in not too long.
    This is the turn where I declare war on the Byzantines, by far the biggest power in the east. I overinvested in quality troops since it is the first time playing around with some of them so my three-pronged attack westward will have to feature some non-stop sacking action.

Also pictured: three crusades moving for Egypt. There's already an Aragonian one down there laying battling it out, and a decade earlier two HRE crusader stacks were moving through Anatolia when they got banished, so everyone deserted - I like to think that Anatolia is full of these Germanic people now, chilling in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Not much of an empire yet but i has been a fun campaign so far, I started it to test some stuff in the RKOfA (Regional Knight Orders for All) submod, but had so much fun I kept playing xD.

Faction: Crusader States
    Submods: Vanilla SS + Bugfix Compilation and RKOfA
    Difficulty: H/M

Spoiler for story
    The campain started with me moving all my troops to the south to take out the Fatimids ASAP, in the way I took Damascus because it was a just too easy prey to miss it, the rebels had moved the garrison away leaving only 1 unit defending, so captured it and then proceeded to take Kerak because is a really strategic castle and had to do it before the Fatimids.

After all that, the Fatimids declared war on me by blockading Jerusalem's port and I responded with full force besieging and taking Gaza, and then Al Aqaba but when I went for Damietta, the Fatimids showed up with 2 full stacks, at the same time the Turks started mobilizing troops too close to my nearly unprotected Edessa and Antioch so I decided to retreat. Turks had an army near Adana ready to lay siege but I saw an opportunity right there and snatched it to sell it to the Byz to force them into conflict with the Turks which worked!. After surviving a siege to Edessa by the Turks, I sold it to Genoa for some good money to rebuild my forces and finally requested a crusade to Damietta to weaken the Fatimids.

The Genoese in Edessa defended it fiercely resisting 2 consecutive sieges but fell in a 3rd one, by then Damascus was seemingly next but instead of trying to increase the garrison I just sold it to the french for a modest amount of cash plus a tribute of 1000f for 15 years, this would allow me to keep the pressure on the Fatimids while the crusaders from Europe arrived, however i made the mistake of neglecting the Arabian peninsula west coast which was soon all under control of the Fatimids and pumping out stacks to attack me...I joined the crusade in the last turn and conquered Damietta for myself but not without the help of a huge HRE army covering my back, so i decided to reward them with Al Aqaba, as well as to place another buffer from the Fatimids armies coming from the Arabian peninsula.

With Damietta and Gaza defending the southwest from skirmishing Fatimids, i created an army with intentions of conquering their arabian territories but would never be used to that, since at that time the turkish incursions in the northern border were getting bolder every time, and Byzantines had declared a truce with them so things would only get worse...soon they were besieging Damascus, which the french defended very well but Antioch got assaulted and while I managed to hold back a 1st attack, others would soon follow as there were lots of seljuk stacks lurking around. Thus I decided to sell Antioch to Sicily and requested a crusade to Mosul, that crusade was epic!, armies from Norway, Hungary, Venice and Genoa stormed the turks, not without the hungarians getting some troubles with the byzies but what the heck, it was a success. In the end the genoese captured the fortress and still have it, I had taken Edessa back after a long time but preferred to sell it to the Venetians to let them keep their army around and protect me from further turkish incursions.

While I was busy capturing Aleppo and Tartus from the disjointed Seljuks, the Fatimids regained a bit of their strength and managed to briefly take Al Aqaba from the germans stationed there, so I quickly captured it followed by Tayma where i exterminated the population and sent the town back to the stone age, I was about to follow to Medina and do the same but it was a castle much better defended and also they attacked Damietta which i had left with a skeleton crew, so i moved back there to break the siege and attack other incoming armies from the west. It was a relief to see that the Byzies renewed their conflict with the Turks as well as the Kwarezmian joining in, that meant me and my european allies in the north would get some peace, so moved forces back to the south to finish the Fatimids once and for all, or at least I thought so.

Apparently the Fatimids had been busy creating 2 huge armies which i defeated but at a high cost and while i had lots of money my recruitment pools were depleted and would take some time to rebuild my forces, so i waited fending off their skirmishes and using my priests to annoy them converting their population to christanity...soon i was able again to call another crusade so did it toward Cairo which a polish army captured with ease while I took Alexandria and Luxor, then rapidly captured Medina and Mecca...only to realize that they still had two colonies left in Benghazi and Tripoli, but of course by then they were already too weak and no longer presented a threat, so just captured Benghazi and left them in Tripoli which i hoped the sicilians would take eventually.

Meanwhile all that, the Turks were being beaten badly by the Byz and Kwarezmian so I just sent lots of spies and priests to their former territories to cause unrest annoying their new masters, keeping them busy xD, In the other side of the map the Almoravids were beating the castilians and portuguese so I gave them a substantial monetary help which evened the tide a bit, but the Almoravid responded with a Jihad to Toledo. The brave castilians resisted like 3 sieges but Toledo ultimately fell, so used the Crusade card once more, to Silves, I was aiming to make it like that one against the turks which weakened them badly but the portuguese quickly captured the settlement and it was the end of it, I had sent a small crusading force of militias and levant local warriors expecting to reinforce it with european mercs but when they arrived there the crusade was over already and no good mercs were available and so they got crushed badly by an Almoravids ambush when I attempted to capture a seemingly weakly defended Valencia...in the retreat back to Jerusalem I diverted the remnant force to capture the Balearic Islands, still in rebel hands, so at least the expedition wouldn't be completely worthless, taking it wasn't a cakewalk but there now i have a future base of operation to raid the Almoravids xD.

So all was peaceful, I started to invest more in settlement development, made the remaining Fatimids my vassals, renewed and intensified my spies and priests missionaries in the bordering Kwarezmian territories and I guess they got fed up not being able to cross the Arabian dessert to attack me, so they called a Jihad to Jerusalem!...to which the Fatimids unofficially joined by breaking from my vassalage, declaring war and capturing Benghazi. Good thing I already had 2 huge armies around Jerusalem, which crushed 2 of the Kwarezemian jihadist forces, however there is still a 3rd one in its way along an Almoravid one which I'm planning to stop near Benghazi and kill 2 birds with a single stone and that's all for now. The image bellow is showing the family tree and minimap.

Spoiler for map and family tree
    and that is why i hate the byzantine empire, look at that, YOU LOOK AT THAT!
    Thank god i am managing to deal so really freaking amazing damage on them.
    i took macedon, thrace and constantinople by turn 23 now. I have 2 armies besieging Athens and Corinth.
    Soon they will have only asia, caffa and crete/cyprus/rhodes. then its up to them to deal with the turks. soon i'll take their islands too heheheh > i want that healthy trade.

Not sure how much I'll remember, it's probably my longest running campaign, but here's the rundown;

Opening moves, the usual diplomats out of Bologna, take Metz for the early council quest. A few modifications from my usual strategy would be not trying to hold Bologna, not overdoing agents early, and pushing forward to Antwerp with Emperor Heinrich instead of trying to army build at Metz until he dies, along with NOT allying with England early. First alliances were with Venice, Hungary, Poland, Norway, then after my fronts were secured by diplomacy I went for the Spanish states(who allied with each other this game, rather than 2 of them ganging up on the 3rd).

Venice didn't want to offer anything for Bologna because of lack of trust, which I was hoping would change when I hit trustworthy, but by the time it did Genoa took it. Only cost me 2 spear militia this time, instead of my usual full stack and a faction heir. They sued for peace pretty quickly after that, Innsbruck being fully garrisoned and all, then turned their attention on Venice, while I did a border dance up north with Denmark. Under siege, broken by papal order, gonna send an army, here comes an army, bring reinforcement, nope, they're turning back again. My original faction heir went rebel around that time, while leading a near full stack of mercs. Luckily all he did was move from watchtower to watchtower looking pathetic for the rest of his life. Lucky thing about the war with Denmark, they took Stettin, which usually ends up in Polish hands and a diplomatic nightmare to take.

Interesting developments from AI weirdness, managed to get crusades to tear apart both France and Genoa. Genoa was left with Venice and Bern, neither one of which I felt like throwing a stack at while France controlled Metz so I gave them a ceasefire. They vassaled to the Pope, betrayed him next turn, I made them vassal and it lasted awhile. I don't know how many turns I wasted on Metz, trying to crack their half garrison, half army, and full army. Assassins were taking too long, then I thought I'd try battlefield assassination, entering a fight just to kill their generals but could only ever kill 1 per battle. Then I did a little scouting eastward and Hungary was in worse shape than I thought. Was going to help them fight the Byzantines after I cracked Metz, but it didn't look like they'd survive that long. Master theologian guild trained priest spam on Ragusa for a campaign staging area while my Emperor takes Zagreb(rebel city, Venice was eliminated somehow), chases their siege force away from the Hungarian capitol, and wouldn't you know it, a crusade gets called. Lucky me, my current army was only about a half a stack, so I grab some crusaders, take Ragusa, then sack and sell the next 2 fortresses down having no intention of trying to hold them yet(probably convert a bunch of those Greek fortresses to cities in the end), and decide to abandon the crusade since Cairo is already surrounded and I need a garrison in Ragusa.

Meanwhile fighting the Byzantines made Genoa break relations and attack Innsbruck, which they won. But I took it back with my faction heir's army which was already en route followed by 2 other generals to join the Byzantine campaign(1 rebelled but luckily he was only leading easily replaced garrison troops. Alot of them, but nothing too bad). Actually won it in a field battle against a siege breaking force, which pulled the solo general out of the castle as reinforcements. Heroic but costly victory there, gotta send my first wave of cavalry back to Hamburg to retrain and keep their exp. Luckily my backup army had feudal knights, but my Ritterbrudders are all going back. Byzantine co-emperor and a second general threaten Zagreb and Ragusa with a full stack, manage to assassinate the lieutenant general, Faction leader(heir? What is a co-emperor anyway) dies at 81, stack sieges Zagreb.

So that's my current turn, 150 or 151 I forget. 20 settlements, 5 castles, Hamburg with everything but ballista towers and public gallows built, sitting at 0% growth around 21,500 pop(ugh, why didn't my high chivalry active builder get urban planner for upgrading Cologne's walls), leader 67 years old raising an army in Ragusa, heir recently wed to Novgorodian princess, no children yet, early 30s at the oldest, retraining at Insbruck which will be upgraded to fortress soon. Couple of family members including a high chivalry one heading north to act as couriers between Hamburg and the war front. Fighting rebels with captains for man of the hour candidates since I'm in a crunch for generals. Genoa on the ropes stuck with Venice and Bern, I hold Milan and Genoa, Pisa and Bolonga are in the hands of the Pope who's fighting alot but not really trying to take over the world yet. Denmark very quiet, France holding Metz preventing me from getting the crown.

Moors, Scotland, Leon, Crusader States eliminated, England holds western France, I hold the Antwerp/Paris square plus Dijon, Sicily has the southern settlements. Planning to gift Hungary their rightful territories and keep Greece once I'm satisfied with my Byzantine war. Reputation's been between very reliable and trustworthy depending on how many wars I have running. Prague, Pisa and Bologna may be able to be bought around the endgame, really don't want to betray Poland or the Pope.

Fell into debt the next turn, and the Byzantines were sending a bunch of stacks towards Ragusa, also had a failed assassination attempt on my emperor, so I sold every building and pushed my way through the northernmost stack, regrouping in friendly territory for a real push against the unholy alliance of Genoa and Byzantines.

Also at some point I'd like to start collecting more relics. Got the Crown Of Thorns from taking Paris, that plus master archer makes my Prince one tough commander. Only thing missing is the holy lance.

Wow, the Zagreb siege force saw my general bringing his battered army home so they broke off to attack him. 1717 of mine, mostly spearmen and spearmen seargants with some damaged light and heavy infantry units, archer support(levies and balkans), bodyguard and a merchant cavalry militia, versus 2089 of theirs, mostly Armenian infantry, 2 of those high number light cavalry, and standard Byzantine spear and sword infantry. I end up with 990 remaining and took 1212 prisoners, ransom of 7k+ rejected. Glad I didn't fight that army with their generals intact, not sure my rear charges would have worked as well. Now to go retrain my shiny new 2 gold chevron merchant cavalry unit. Also saw a Byzantine army do the crawl back animation out of the fog of war that same turn, so Hungary scored a win too. Ragusa is stripped bare except for the church and has no garrison, still 2 more fortresses I could make my defense center in Greece, both close to citadel but losing population currently.
    Last edited by Saibot42; August 30, 2014 at 03:09 AM.

poland has some great units BUT you need an armoury and kings stables for them ;(... but then at least you get the Polish guard and polish hussars

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Any screenshot?

THE MIGHT MAGYARS H/H (I think) its been the funniest campaign i've played ever since i got medieval II, thanks to the awesome mod and fixes from Meeelo and the buddies~
    Spoiler for Magyarosk
    - So, the game started alright... usual Venice/Hungarian plan - go to zagreb. i also had a split force going for belgrade. they tried to jump on me to break the siege (happily i got there before venice). so i just rode them down and conquered the cities in less than 4 turns. As i built a little, to try and get Sofia in bulgaria, i kept getting alliances, Poland first, then Venice, Pope, Genoa, then Kiev, France, Aragon, Castille, Portugal, Scotland, then denmark and norway, i also had the turks on my side. When i was almost reaching sofia with a horde, something awful happened - the byzantines had taken it, and they had their emperor going with a small force to my unprotected city of belgrade, runing behind the garrison i had in my recently captured Skopia, mad about it, and with our relations going very bad since my army was already near sofia, i went for the blow = i besieged the low garrison sofia, and used my reserve army under the beloved captain Elias (i wish he had became a general, he had 3 or 4 heroic victories), i surrounded the Emperor in a fight 2 to 3 in numbers. I managed to decimate his army in a broken fight, making their ranks lose the formation, and captured him, the ramson was just too tasty, about 13.000. I Used it and started pumping more soldiers to my frontiers. Captain Elias cleared Macedonia of any enemy armies, fighting 3 amazing victories in 1 to 3 in numbers, without any reserve or reinforcements whatsoever, that bought me time to finally capture an unchallenged sofia, and send armies to take Thessalonica. i was about to take Albania but Venice, my allies, declared war to the byzantines too, and took the castle. Unchallenged by that, Captain Elias had his change to prove himself again, while one of my generals besieged Iasi, Cap.Elias besieged Corinth, while a split force was set to Athens. That said, the force i managed to recruit in Sofia was already sneaking behind the huge armies that constantinople tried to send for them: they were pumping Scoutatoi Upgraded Contratois, Light horsemen and Byzantine archers. I washed them down like a tsunami, i took 3 full armies down, and with help of Fulop the spy, i took adrianopole, and used the main army to besiege the now fragile Constantinople. Constantinople had a Greek Family member, as well as swordmen and spearmen, as well as another 3 stacks of swordmen coming to their aid. I Had my always trusted magyar cavalry, some croat axemen and some small slav mercenaries, as well as missile support on foot.The turks provided me with 3 units as reinforcements too. which helped me clear the swordmen reinforcement with my surrounding magyar cavalry from behind, and headed to the town square, where after clearin their walls with my axemen, i was heading for a bloody fight against their so-armoured generals. I took Constantinople, and after that, Corinth and Athens surrendered. I used a force by boat to take creete, which didnt last a single turn, and after some urban militia arrived to garrison the island, the troops there went for rhodes, which also fell in a swingle swipe. Meanwhile, i took Dardanella, had a great army who recently arrive from the heart of my kingdom in, to turkey, from constantinople. Dardanella was besieged by something i had so worried: Cataphracts... the armoured scolarii. I Sent reinforcements right away from adrianopole, and with that, we managed to ride out the siege and wipe out their might cataphracts. From this point, the recently promoted generals rained down from north and south of Turkey, we took the last settlements they had there, and now what is left of the byzantines are in Pontus, Cryprus and besieged by my allies in Caffa, southern ukraine. The work was also boldly done by spies, an exceptionally skilled assassin, who made way for my merchants too, and by an impressive battle plan, putting the use of the strongest troops magyars have early game: Their cavalry archers. Now i want cyprus. The Castle there looks advanced, and my help me as a port to send down merchants, or who knows... crusaders....

Spoiler for Empire

i also edited to show this. two battles = mercenary ships in constantinople harbor, 1 unit of peasants used for scouting that got cornered.
    Last edited by LusitanPlayer; August 30, 2014 at 10:24 PM.

Think my campaign is lost again. My dread emperor passed away, so I sent his son with 6 stars to fight a big Byzantine army near Zagreb, but there was another army half that size in reinforcement range I didn't see. Lost hard, he died, next emperor and heir are both garbage, Denmark kept sending plague spies into Hamburg, also assassinated my chivalrous recruiter there. France inexplicably decided to move on Antwerp, and even more inexplicably split their siege force in 2, one stack being the army and the other being their king by himself. Sallied out and lured him into the gate and his death, cost me several hundred militia but it broke the siege. Then the game crashes during the siege of Metz, not sure if I want to keep playing since I ended up spreading the plague to other cities out of impatience.

You should form aliances and keep your reputation good and relations good, Saibot42. Its working for me. the worst relation i have in my borders are the cumans and probably poland and turks, who are not really looking to fight me.

Actually this game, excluding the first few turns, I've had no lower than very reliable, and it generally drops to that on joining a crusade or someone attacking me. Was fighting the Byzantines to save Hungary from extinction, France was down to their last settlement which just happened to be part of my win conditions and crown requirements, and Denmark(never an ally but a longterm trading partner for quite some time) I think was down to just Arhus because my ally Norway had the next 2 settlements in.

ye i dont understand sometimes how norway just gets down with scandinavia and denmark doesnt, maybe because denmark has no castles

This was around turn 165 or so, early on Denmark had actually beaten Norway back and held most of Scandinavia.

Replayed the siege, took Metz and eliminated France(not exactly sure what happened because on the previous turn they had 2 family members next to Antwerp that vanished and a returning crusade army in Hungarian/Byzantine territory that turned rebel), now I get the crown for my emperors and have no current enemies. I think I can rebuild and retool, maybe turn Antwerp into a city to help income. Have to join this crusade on Jerusalem so I don't end up with bankrupt nobles, and eliminating Genoa is still a to do.