Page 13 of 167 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Update

Serious J's Avatar Decanus

Here's my current Byz campaign, it's been pretty fun so far.

Only turn 92 so far and I already have about 8+ huge cities (10 or so large) and 5 citadels thanks to some rather sickening chivalrous generals. I'm making about 100k Florins per turn, with every single city on low taxes and 8 or so full stacks + garrisons 2-3 units beyond free upkeep.

HRE got excom'd as usual and suffered for it, they'll never recover. Novgorod was doing well until their capital rebelled and they were wiped out. The only faction I destroyed was Egypt because they refused to become Vassals, and there was a short war against the Turks as they did not want to sell Iconium/Caesarea. They're my allies again. Lithuania is doing pretty damned good. Currently working on destroying the Moors and I then plan on taking out Iberia/France for win conditions.

Ireland is doing crap all even with add_population cheats given to them...

Immaculate reputation thanks to a very Alliance heavy game, there have been very few wars around the world due to the AI going alliance crazy.

Haven't lost a single battle thanks to having far superior troops due to the fortress' and citadels.

Quick Update: The Moors are down to 2 remaining regions, Salamanca and Badajoz. I Attacked Portugal because they seemed to be poising to strike at some of my coastal towns and because they were Vassals of the Moors. Took Lisbon from them and their only remaining region is Zaragoza which is being sieged by Aragon. Iberia will be under complete Byz domain within 12 turns. Only question is how many of my alliances will break from warring with Spain/Aragon.

HRE is down to one region now, Lyon.
    Last edited by Serious J; June 01, 2008 at 03:42 PM.

my best empire was a Byzantine Empire going from Zaragoza to Bagdad. Owning all the holy land, Italy and africa.

Emperor Ioannis? Thats the same as mine. Son of the son of the original Emperor?
    Last edited by Chim; June 01, 2008 at 03:39 AM.
    Time heals every wounds. So pick you battles wisly, or else the wounds will not heal.

Serious J's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Idèfix View Post
    Emperor Ioannis? Thats the same as mine. Son of the son of the original Emperor?
    No, son of the original Emperor. He's 66 now though so he'll be dead very shortly.

Laconian's Avatar Semisalis

Awesome empire, Serious J.

Might post my English campaign after I kill off the Scots....Irish to lol, since Norway has been destroyed even though it was allied with Denmark, I have a crusading army returning from Lithuania so might perform a coordinated attack on Scotland, I wanted to give the Scottish and Irish a chance to build up so I could have a real fight for the British Isles, left it a bit to late though...since it's passed turn 100 and I have gunpowder and the Teutonic Order lol. But the French haven’t attacked Caen yet since its heavily protected, great mod, first campaign

Guys, where are the captured screens saved in Vista. I have captured a few of them, but can't find anything in my documents folder.

Because Medieval 2 is like one of this oldschoolgames which saves saves and screens into its own dictionary. (thank CA)
    Win XP: screens are in the medieval main dictionary in tga.
    For me [...]\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tgas.
    I don't think Vista will change this.

But the files are big, you will have to change the format (with infanview or gimp, or paint)
    Alternativ, press print, open paint, infanview, gimp (what ever) Edit, Paste, save as.
    So you don't have to search the tgas.

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Starting as the Templars in early era, vh/vh

Our goal: from a single wooden castle, develop the crusader states, complete the crusade to Jerusalem, and found a lasting kingdom to forever hold these lands. It's a tall task, but we can do it!

Beginning with pitifully few units, some mercenaries are paid to help us siege and take Antioch, giving us an economic base far better than just a wooden castle. From the north, our half stack rushes down for another useful region: Acre, a real castle. Tough times call for tough measures, and our diplomat is wise to secure an alliance with the powerful Fatimids to protect our Southern areas from attack.

No buildings are needed, so units are pumped out as fast as possible.. time is short, and siege is layed upon our target, Jerusalem, with a very small attacking stack. But thankfully they do not sally forth! More units arrive every turn, until we have a full stack at the walls. The defenders dwindle under pressure, each year that passes taking a heavy toll on their military numbers. When a full 8 turns have gone by, their starved army is forced to sally out and meet our vastly superior force. True to history, in 1099 the city falls to Catholics, and most of its inhabitants are put to the sword. The Dome of the Rock holds its first Catholic mass after all islamic ties are destroyed.

A broken land, but a land nonetheless. Time to fill in the holes. GLORY allows us high taxes and tiny garrisons, which means we can push quickly. Before the Seljuks can react, we take Adana, Aleppo, Edessa, and Quarisa. From Jerusalem our main army takes Kerak, then Damascus. This is nearly the shape I was hoping for this small kingdom, a compillation of all the crusader states, now encomassing Armenian Cilicia, the Principality of Antioch, the County of Edessa, the County of Tripoli, and the Kingdom of Jerusalem, along with a couple prizes to ensure peace within our borders(Quarisa and Damascus). But the Kingdom must have a port on the red/reed sea, as depicted in this, wikipedia's display of the crusader states.

As I was debating how to accomplish this since none of the regions south of Jerusalem are shaped properly to match that map, some Kwarezmian Imam decides it's time to jihad to Jerusalem. Immediately we lose our Fatimid allies, and now pull units back from the borders to hang around Jerusalem to wait for the initial rush. As a countermeasure, we coerce the pope to call for a crusade to Baghdad. The army in Quarisa goes crusading, and before they can react, the Seljuk Turks lose their prize in mesopotamia to Templar spears. This seems to stun the Kwarezmians, their 2 jihading armies sitting just inside their borders while round after round of Seljuk and Fatimid jihading armies rush in, lose, return, lose again, etc.

Knights Hospitaller chapters spring up in Jerusalem, Damascus, Antioch, and Edessa, providing powerful units without the need for building/upgrading structures. Defense of Jerusalem is easy; our forces usually outnumber the jihading armies, and always have a huge edge in quality of units. But our main benefit is distrust amongst the Islamic factions. The Kwarezmians are at war with the Seljuks, who are at war with the Fatimids, who are at war with the Moors. So while they all may surround Jerusalem, we only have to fight them one at a time.

While they're still distracted with their silly attempt to take our stronghold in the holy lands, our Eastern army moves north, taking the Seljuk capital at Mosul, and a new army almost entirely built with mounted and dismounted Hospitaller knights moves south to take Giza, then Al Aqaba the next turn. Suddenly the Fatimids aren't attacking anymore. I think they're a bit surprised. Ha! This new monstrous army moves for their large but weak regions in Arabia, taking Tayma(1 unit defending), then Medina(3 units defending), and finally Mecca(6 units defending).

These new conquers are instant gold, allowing us to build plenty more Hospitaller units in Antioch and Edessa, creating a new army to push into Anatolia, taking Ceasarea, then Iconium, Ankara, and Isparta. Fat, complacent people in these Eastern cities give us all the money we need. You really cannot compare the poorness of Early-Era Western Europe to the wealth of EE Eastern Europe, it's like night and day.

It's a slow march north from Mecca, and somewhere along the march, the moslems call an end to their jihad, failing to take a single region(they only won 2 battles). The Fatimid king sets sail(running??) for Nicosia, easily taking Cyprus from the Byzantines, so we follow and kick his butt off the island. Without a boat nearby, he simply collapses and dies. Sailing south again, we take Benghazi, then ferry East to Alexandria, finally meeting our Arabian army of Hospitallers. Together these massively powerful armies crush the remaining Fatimids.

But now we have a huge empire, far more than I intended to control. This isn't a kingdom, it's an economic powerhouse with no chance of losing anything anywhere. Adana, Tortosa, and Kerak are all converted to cities and they, too, start producing Hospitaller units. We have the largest military, most territory, and have been the most advanced faction several times. It's time to fix things.

Diplomats spread throughout Europe, and our good buddies suddenly wind up with free lands as we call an extremely cheap(free!) sale on our outer regions. Hungary? You've got strong units, you can have Baghdad and Mosul, protect our East. Genoa... you kind of suck, so you can have Arabia. Venice? ... same thing, you can have Egypt. Leon-Castile.. actually I don't like you but you can have the Nile Delta regions. the HRE.. you're excommunicated! but you can still have Cyprus and Benghazi. Sicily, enjoy Iconium and Ceasarea. And Poland, our best friends forever(BFF Poles!) can have Isparta and Ankara.

Now our lands look right! Crusader states through and through, with small buffers in the East and South. 77 Turns, 115 battle victories, still pulling 8k profit each turn even with our massive Hospitaller armies. This was a fun map to create!

Central Europe is a disaster zone; look at the damage everyone has done to the HRE after they were excommunicated, wow. England chased Scotland off their island.... so the Scots went to Norway and completely conquered! Leon-Castile ethnically cleansed the Portugese down to 1 territory(Bajadoz) and Aragon down to 1 territory(Barcelona)... only to be completely reversed; now Portugal and Aragon are trying to finish off L-C!
    Last edited by shenryyr; June 01, 2008 at 10:08 PM.
    my other horse is a space ship

Quote Originally Posted by nickname View Post
    Because Medieval 2 is like one of this oldschoolgames which saves saves and screens into its own dictionary. (thank CA)
    Win XP: screens are in the medieval main dictionary in tga.
    For me [...]\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tgas.
    I don't think Vista will change this.

But the files are big, you will have to change the format (with infanview or gimp, or paint)
    Alternativ, press print, open paint, infanview, gimp (what ever) Edit, Paste, save as.
    So you don't have to search the tgas.
    it's so weird, yet I can't seem to locate the above-noted folder(((((((((

Quote Originally Posted by dima111 View Post
    it's so weird, yet I can't seem to locate the above-noted folder(((((((((
    it's in the medieval 2 folder not the Stainless Steel one. Its called tgas
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

Why noone does upload his saves?
    Why just pics????
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

Acroneoss's Avatar Foederatus

Because they are their saves

turn 100 in early campaign as poland ;] now im going west with stacks that conquered scandinavia and italy, HRE will be destroyed in about 3-4 turns ... byzantines have only one province left such as hungary, kiev and denmark are my allies so i dont attack them ;] and i managed to control papacy, my 9 cardinals vote pope from other factions and slay them as they appear in florence( rome is mine :] )
    Last edited by MarquisWu; June 02, 2008 at 02:39 PM.

Acroneoss's Avatar Foederatus

Turn 100?! Wow the AI seems to expand very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    How many of you boys have made it to 1866?

I'm kievan_rus, my most agressive and strongest enemy is the pope!!!
    Wich Version is that?

Clayton Gold's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by dima111 View Post
    Guys, where are the captured screens saved in Vista. I have captured a few of them, but can't find anything in my documents folder.
    In Vista, make sure you have hidden files & folders shown, and browse to:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles\Sega\M2TW\tgas

this is my genoa campain the best one i have ever had turn 164

now i have to destroy venice to win then i must go to the east to hostile land.....

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

how in the world did venice get Tabriz? jeez that's way out of their jurisdiction
    my other horse is a space ship

i have played vh/vh i have killed almost venice but in the late it have 1 or 2 settlement in russia..... and now it is an empire