Page 12 of 167 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Im on turn 180 as the spanish.

We have eliminated the

Moors
    Portugal
    England
    Aragon
    France
    Scotland

Our Empire stretch from the lisbon to paris, from Aberdeen to marakesh and we hold the eternal city Rome. The pope wants it back, tough titties is our diplomatic answer.

Everyone was laughably easy except the scots. Inital invasion gets me Caernarvon, Exeter and Winchester. The scots take Exeter and Winchester back, killing my best general in the process. 10 turns later, 5 sieges of caernarvon, reducing my elite army of feudal swordsmen and pavise crossbowmen to 15% of its original size, the scots finally break. I lost approx 5 full stacks when throwing them in to divert forces from the sieges of caernarvon. 15 turns later after a bloody push nortwards, killing William Wallace we stand at Edinburgh and the final battle. My new super general got 9 stars and all is well.

We get attacked, we choose to fight the odds are only 2:3. Short version: My general is the first casualty from the first fireball fired from the enemy trebuchet!!!!! My reaction? My jaw dropped to the floor. I won though and finished it off with what the old general believed in the most, no mercy for prisoners.

Too bad that they got killed off, Sicily and Genoa aint putting up much off a fight.

The Pope digs me though, got the whole cardinal and when the pope hates me, i just bust a arrow in his ass and appoint a new one. The cardinals must get nervous soon, the papal seat is soon becoming an uriah post

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Marine513 .................Simplicity is best. +Rep

Smakkz......................Good on ya, +Rep Well spoken and a great beginnig. Here's some rep to get you started.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Nice game shenryyr but i must say im extremely disappointed with the mongols. Its pathetic that they didn't conquer any territories but it is just shameful that they lost one

also i have noticed that the Khwaraziam (sp) have had many rebellions throughout the campaign. Could you check out what is happening?
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; May 30, 2008 at 03:03 AM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    Nice game shenryyr but i must say im extremely disappointed with the mongols.
    Yeah the computer doesn't play most factions very well. I'd give ratings B or C for Lithuania and the Fatimids, probably the two best computer-controlled factions, D for Leon-Castile, Denmark, Scotland, Genoa, Sicily, Hungary, and the Cumans, and F for everyone else. I know there's tons of lines of scripts to edit to make anything better, but it needs to be worked on because the computer can do so much more if they have a little logic.

What did the mongols do wrong? They used their 6 big armies to attack 4 cities - meaning 2 of the cities (Mashad and Yazd) they only attacked with 1 army each, and quickly lost both back to the Kwarezm. Now they're down to about 3 full stacks of units, but they leave 1 guarding Urgench... WHY? no-one is going to attack Urgench, it's foolish to leave a huge army back there. So their units just petered out until all they had was that one full stack, and a few territories to show for it. Not very smart on their part.
    also i have noticed that the Khwaraziam (sp) have had many rebellions throughout the campaign. Could you check out what is happening?
    Yes, I would go so far to say they have the most rebellions out of all the factions, however this is probably just because of the huge distances between their capitol and each region, and also the large number of regions they usually control means their units are spread thinner than other factions. Notice the Cumans also let 2 regions rebel, probably due the exact same reasons.
    my other horse is a space ship

ok i really want to use imageshack but don't know how to!!! i want to put some images down on the forum but don't know so can someone help me.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

TemplarLord's Avatar Ordinarius

ok i really want to use imageshack but don't know how to!!! i want to put some images down on the forum but don't know so can someone help me.
    Well for starters you have to Sign up with Imageshack -> Link

You have to have a valid e-mail address in order to verify you're not just joking around. Fill in the boxes and click on Continue/ok/proceed(whatever). You will receive a e-mail on the e-mail address you provided.

Once you get the e-mail(should be instantly) click on the "Your registration link" to confirm your e-mail address.

You're set to go and upload images!

The link above which you just clicked on will automatically get to your account, no further login necessary.

What you want to do know is find the "Upload Image" link on your right side of the screen under the Action menu. Click on it and a new Java box will open, asking you to browse through your HDD, find the image you want, and upload it. There are some other options in the box but they are self-explanatory. Click on upload to start uploading the image!

After that your browser will throw you back on the home page of Imageshack, what you want to do from there is find "My Images" in the orange tab and click on it. The image you uploaded will be there. Click on the first "i" icon next to it to receive a link to the image. Post that link on the forums and that's it!

Hope I helped someone...

For uploading an image you don't need to register.

Turn 215
    My litte campainge with Norway. First I destroied Danemark. Then Scottland was weaken by trying to attack france. I took all 3 citys in 2 turns, but had to kill Wallace. Until that time the Pope called a crusade on Sicily (the Pope started the war) and I took Tunis (I was the only one who was smart enough to take a ship).
    But the Pope lost the war and was killed over and over again... and I was the only one with priests at that time, so I decidet to give him Tunis.
    He managed nearly to whipe out the moors, but now...

So my eyes where back watching at the north. England had arround 5 full stacks of longbowman, light man at arms and mailed knights, so I took Ireland in one turn first. (Sorry ).
    They defended themselve with a full stack of these mailed knight like units (Hobigur?) and a full stack of light infanterie. Like England they had no money to build ships for attacking europe.

Until that time, the Pope called the first crusade on Rome. I was little bit to late (the Sicilians blocked the roads...). After the crusade, Rome rebelled and was retaken by Sicily .
    After England attackt me (why ever) I began to take the english castle. England was excommunicated by my real good friend the Pope. But when I killed the King, I had to wait for the next attack.
    I don't know why, but the HRE sended one ship to block my ports, so I took Hamburg that time. Some rounds later, the Pope called a crusade on Frankfurt, which was ended after an german priest becomme Pope with my help.
    A little time Later, I killed the king of England with my Assasins and England was destroied.
    The second cursade on Rome was called and I took the city and destroied a sicilan army which was send for defence with the help of my french and Leon Castille. Rome was back in the hands of the church and I send my army down to Sicily for taking that island.
    Because of the good help of Leon I dicided not to attack them.
    I think in the next few turns they will take back hole spain (not pamplona and Saragossa, France is an ally)

The only thing I don't understand is why Hungary has 4 full stacks at the border to the HRE but won't send one down to take the sadly remains of Venice for 50 turns now and why nobody ever attackt Bagdad and Basra...

I'm allied with France, Polland, Leon and the Pope and 4 stacks near Inverress waiting for my command.
    In the beginnig I had some trouble with money, Scandinavia is no good cashcow but now it gets boring somehow.
    I even have enough money to use my "instand build mode". I use the process_cq cheat and take away buildcost*remaining rounds to be fair .

And I noticed, Norway realy has a problem with enemy cav. I can only use townmilitia.
    Maybe somebody could explain how to change the norse swordman to a norse spearman .

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas View Post
    Marine513 .................Simplicity is best. +Rep
    Thanks . I stopped last night after several more turns, I took over another Spanish castle and I'm about to take over a city.. so later tonight or tomorrow I'll repost, showing Scotland controlling Spain

Templar Lord thanks.
    but i get this everytime i try to upload
    Upload Error
    The file "" does not have a valid image extension.
    Valid image extensions are: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp.
    what now?

Beware of scoundrels

Templar Lord thanks.
    but i get this everytime i try to upload

what now?
    sounds like you have scripts turned off for that site.

so what do i do?

Beware of scoundrels

TemplarLord's Avatar Ordinarius

@ spanish_emperor

When you take a screenshot in Medieval 2 the file extension is .tga. And the valid extensions are gif, jpg, jpeg, png and bmp.

What you need is a good image converter to convert .tga files to .jpg...

EDIT: Try this one out

EDIT2: Works fine for me -> Except for the stupid "Unregistered Preview Conversion"...

EDIT3: Or try Right Click Image Converter -> If you have "any" questions, PM me.

Last edited by TemplarLord; May 31, 2008 at 03:52 AM.

Shenryyr, I love your campaign
    And I'm going to give you +rep for that animated map

But tell me, how do you take those radar map pics, without the region borderlines?
    I'm eagerly waiting for the answer so I could post my own empire and gain some postcount.

so what do i do?
    You can copy and paste the image into paint and upload that...

Jynx's Avatar Decanus

Ifranview is a good image converter.
    80 years is simply not enough to enjoy all of the fun in the world, and out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    But tell me, how do you take those radar map pics, without the region borderlines?
    open 'descr_sm_factions.txt' from this folder
    Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data
    and change each faction's secondary color to match the primary color

Ah. Of course.

Thanks for your advice. I'll do it as soon as I get back from my 12 day hiking in lapland.

Finland rocks

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

Playing the Byzantines on late campaign (6.0, so no cannons or plague! Ha Ha Ha!), the turks fell when they had 5 regions left in the caucasus, felt that my forces would be left vulnerable if I tried to take these regions after a lightning-war on anatolia, so my emperor turned round, garrisoned his horde in the new border realms and governed Constantinople. The Kwarezm then showed every level of gentlemanly restraint by flooding through, despite the Mongols on their Eastern Border (Who haven't really progressed much, still outside the the borders of Iran) and beseiged me, my latest Emperor, nearly a hundred years later, took most of the Caucasus, Kurdistan, Iraq and was advancing into Iran when the Fatamids took my Capital after their third army in a row beseiged it during a second Jihad with their sultan, who proved too much for the Queen of cities, the Emperor, a 32 year old, inexperienced fool who was stranded in Rhodes, surrounded by egyptian pirates managed to land in greece with a substantial mercenary army, he died in his effort to take back the city, but the sultan had lost most of his veterans and with the depleted force, the orthodox masses rose up and overthrew him. In the mean time, on the western front the second Emperor, nicknamed the silvertonged, had forced Hungary over the Danube, taken Bran and after failing to conquer Ragusa, which fell later, he took a crack force and reclaimed Sicily and Southern Italy from the Normans, he died in Parmelo, which became the first citadel. At present, my warrior Emperor (the fifth, if I recall, after the second one died, the heir died the same turn, the fourth died trying to take back Constantinople) from the East is beseiging Antioch (the crusaders have one castle left in the desert and a fortress in Nicosia) with the hordes of Syria rushing to impale themselves on his lance....
    Last edited by sirfiggin; May 31, 2008 at 10:48 AM.

One of the most important families during the medieval ages were the Habsburgs. Through marriages, treaties, conflict, and of course diplomatic coercion, they came from small imperial beginnings to controlling half of central, western, and southern Europe. Here is a map of their holdings(wikipedia)

Following their methods, I wanted to try to recreate their "empire". Mainly using 2 strategies: attack when excommunicated, and buying territories during diplomacy, we were able to build this impressive dynasty.

And it truly is a dynasty! Over 250 battles, we are now on our 11th king(he's 19, lol). We've entered into 17 marriage alliances, most with France and Poland, and one with Portugal - it's too bad you can't gain territory directly through marriage. But we used these happy relations to assist in region purchases.

The method of our madness:
    Starting as Leon-Castile(for being yellow, habsburg main color, and because they were totally(not partially) under Habsburg control), we pushed the Moors out of the Iberian peninsula, then took most of their African holdings. Rich from Cordoba and Fes, we purchased Navarre and Palma from Aragon.

Diplomat met with Scotland to buy Bruges, then a new marriage alliance with France assisted in purchasing Antwerp from them. England took Groningen from Norway, and we bought that too. Spending spree!

Genoa excommunicated, so we rushed our armies to first take Milan, then Bern, Genoa, Marseilles, Toulouse, and Barcelona from them. We gave Toulouse and Marseilles to France during negotiations for another marriage, in exchange for Dijon. Genoa also holds Cagliari, Beleb-el-Anab, and Algiers, so we grab those before they are reconciled(their last territory is Ajaccio).

Princess reaches Poland, and negotiates the purchase of Wroclaw/Bresleau before marrying their prince. Diplomat reaches Hungary, buys Bran for a pittance.

Venice excommunicated, so we rush East to grab Innsbruck, Salzburg, and Zagreb before they are reconciled when the pope dies and they are reconciled.

Diplomat negotiates purchase of Satu Mare and Buda from Hungary after they moved their capital to Sofia.

HRE repeatedly attacks us at Antwerp and Groningen, soon they are excommunicated, allowing our armies to march north from Bern, taking Staufen and Frankfurt, and also moving south from Wroclaw/Breslau to take Prague and Vienna with help of our new army in Buda.

Venice excommunicated again, we rush south to take Venice, Ancona, and Bari.

Because these wars will no longer get us the territories we need, we end them by giving Frankfurt back to the HRE, Genoa back to Genoa, and Venice back to Venice. They're all quite happy with us now, but we can't(won't) ally with them because they're still excommunicated.

Following the pattern, Sicily is excommunicated for attacking us several times in Africa. So we march our Italian armies to Naples, Palermo, and Syracuse while our African army moves to Tunis and then Al-Mahdiya.

The only fighting we did not in this strategy was a quick takeover of Aragon's last two regions: Zaragoza and Valencia. We rushed them with siege equipment and took both in the same turn. So even though they had very high papal standing, the pope could not get too upset with us because there was no extended fighting or sieging.

And that's it! We're still at war with Scotland and Sicily, but made peace with everyone else by returning territory that the Habsburgs never controlled anyway. And the result is a pretty accurate map of their holdings. The only problems are the areas in Africa -- holding the cities on the coast doesn't mean anything about the inland territory -- and the obvious flaw of Switzerland, but since Bern is our only West-Central-Europe castle, we don't give it up.

Habsburg coat of arms typically showed the lands they controlled. Check out all those pretty flags! I can spot Hungary, Bohemia, Austria, Tyrol, and lots of blurry ones lol.

Last edited by shenryyr; May 31, 2008 at 11:43 AM.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice Shenryyr