Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Just chiming in to add a bit more support. I'm not necessarily interested in amazing empires. I just like to see what others are doing with their campaigns and how the AI factions are performing. I especially enjoy reading the details of how people have gone about expanding their empire and fighting off challengers. I wish more people would take the time to post here.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm playing France, SS6.4, early era, RR, longer assimilation and BGRIV-E.
    Currently, I'm in 1159 AD. I've started by conquering the rebel settlements around in the following order: Rennes, Toulouse, Metz, Lyon and Dijon.
    Quickly, England declared war. They got defeated near Paris and lost Caen.
    Soon after, HRE declared war also. They lost their 1st battle near Reims and failed conquering Metz.
    While besieging Bruges, England attacked me with 1.5 stacks. There were also 1.5 stacks from HRE. So, I reteated.
    In 1145 AD, I sent a stack in Ireland which was conquered in 4 or 5 turns. Meanwhile, in mainland, it looks more or less like during the 1st world war: almost full stacks in Caen, Paris, Reims and Metz. In front of them, 1.5 stacks from England in Bruges area with 1.5 stacks from HRE who got allied (of course with England). Antwerp: 1 full stack from HRE. Francfurt: 1 full stack and another coming.
    Finally, HRE moved around and tried to conquer Lyon and failed again. The FRench army in Ireland is getting retrained to invade England from the West. Lyon is getting re-enforced.
    In 1154 AD, an Aragonese army coming back from Cairo crusade decided to besieged Toulouse. They were defeated in 1155 AD after an epic battle.
    1156 AD: Retraining army in Toulouse and Lyon. HRE stack beside Lyon. French stack in Dublin, preparing to invade Caernarvon. There is a full English stack beside Caen but doing nothing. A French full stack en route to Bruges.
    1157 AD: Bruges is conquered. The English stack in Normandy is moving back to Flanders. Caernarvon is under siege.
    1158 AD: Caernavon is conquered. Winchester is under siege. HRE seems moving all his stacks around the Alpes to attack from Lyon area.
    1159 AD: Winchester is conquered. Exceter will be soon under siege. England has sent a stack to Caernarvon. HRE is doing nothing. Genoa has declared war on me also and is besieging Lyon. My reputation to the Pope is getting very bad. Half French stack moving to Marseilles to distrack Genoa.
    Here are some pics.

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

It has begun! Nice job so far Lifthrasir even with the constraints of BGRIV-E. Going into Britain through Ireland was a nice move, now the English have to worry about you from two sides.

How have you found playing with the Longer Assimilation mod?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Posting Empires is fine and dandy, but posting pics is waht im here for. So do that instead of text which i ignore.

Here's my Scottish campaign. It's not really an Empire because I was turtling most of the time observing the AI factions and waiting for something cool or funny to happen.

At the beggining I was building my economy and tried to be at peace with the English. They attacked me without any provocation so I decided to take the isles for myself. I took Ireland then York. At the other side of the map the Mongols already destroyed the Kwarezmian Empire and their armies seemed unstoppable.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Turn 100: I managed to capture all of Britain (got excommunated in the process) but the English captured Vilnius in a crusade so they survived. Some turns later they captured another settlement from the Lithuanians and almost established a new Empire but my talented assassins killed all of their family members so I finally got rid of them. The Golden Horde was still unbeaten some turns later they destroyed the Cumans and captured most of Egypt but somehow the Novgorodians and Byzantines was able to stop their advancement.

Turn 150: I was growing my cities and castles and my main concern was to keep the Scottish bloodline pure (which is pretty hard if you ask me). As you can see the French destroyed the HRE and conquered most of western Europe. In the Middle-East the Mongol Empire reached it's peak (well actually they had two more territories in Egypt but lost those in a Jihad) their army however vanished and their cities were barely garrisoned giving easy targets for their neighbours.

I'm currently at turn 200 and this is how the map looks like:

As you can see the Timurids have arrived and with their help the Novgorodians and Moors easily managed to wipe out the Mongols. In Europe the French stopped their advancement (don't know why). I got bored of turtling and attacked the Norwegians I'm going to destroy them but after that I don't know what will I do (probably turtle some more )

In my British Isles Campaign I took Iberia somwhere around 1370 or so to get some money and Citadels. Iberia was my choice due to its closeness to Britain and its easily defendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Belkar View Post

Here's my Scottish campaign. It's not really an Empire because I was turtling most of the time observing the AI factions and waiting for something cool or funny to happen.

At the beggining I was building my economy and tried to be at peace with the English. They attacked me without any provocation so I decided to take the isles for myself. I took Ireland then York. At the other side of the map the Mongols already destroyed the Kwarezmian Empire and their armies seemed unstoppable.

Turn 100: I managed to capture all of Britain (got excommunated in the process) but the English captured Vilnius in a crusade so they survived. Some turns later they captured another settlement from the Lithuanians and almost established a new Empire but my talented assassins killed all of their family members so I finally got rid of them. The Golden Horde was still unbeaten some turns later they destroyed the Cumans and captured most of Egypt but somehow the Novgorodians and Byzantines was able to stop their advancement.

Turn 150: I was growing my cities and castles and my main concern was to keep the Scottish bloodline pure (which is pretty hard if you ask me). As you can see the French destroyed the HRE and conquered most of western Europe. In the Middle-East the Mongol Empire reached it's peak (well actually they had two more territories in Egypt but lost those in a Jihad) their army however vanished and their cities were barely garrisoned giving easy targets for their neighbours.

I'm currently at turn 200 and this is how the map looks like:

As you can see the Timurids have arrived and with their help the Novgorodians and Moors easily managed to wipe out the Mongols. In Europe the French stopped their advancement (don't know why). I got bored of turtling and attacked the Norwegians I'm going to destroy them but after that I don't know what will I do (probably turtle some more )
    A lot of interesting things going on there in that campaign. What mods/diffuculty etc are you playing?

I call myself a turtler however sometimes I get too tempted to start taking over the world too soon.
    Last edited by Galain_Ironhide; January 18, 2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: grammar

Here are some screenshots that are the continuation of my Turks campaign on page 107.

The Moors (my allies) advanced rapidly into France, after I had weakened the English there, which happened to rule France. I've been semi-turtling because I wanted to get some Janissary Musketeers before wiping out Denmark. That's why my Empire hadn't touch the Atlantic yet. Here's a funny pic of the pope trying to retake Rome using a Merc army.

Here's the map with everything wiped out, other than Moors. Looks like a unification of the Islamic empires will be next.

I started a game with Norway on VH/H in the late era.
    First I assembled roughly a stack and sent them to Scotland, taking Aberdeen and Iverness. I left my heir in A., thinking he should be safe. I did not, however, know about the emergence of William Wallace and his fullstack ended the life of my heir rather prematurely Excoummunication was another treat of this failed endeavor.
    I completely plundered Iverness and shipped the sad remains of my army back home. Meanwhile, I allied with Denmark and we split Scandinavia, me getting the upper two rebel provinces.
    My plan was to regain strength and try taking Scotland once more, however Poland, all of the sudden, declared war on me by blocking the port of Nykoeping. I took that as an invitation, knowing they had their hands full with the HRE anyway.
    Sent a spy to check the northern provinces and Thorn had one unit of eastern spearmen in it So I landed a fullstack with the intention to sack, sell and sail away.
    However, seeing a castle with more population than my biggest town and the ability to build units I couldn´t even dream of I wouldn´t bring it over me and decided to stay.
    Sent my new heir to conquer Plock to the east and noticing that Lithuania only had one city left I decided to ally with them and gift them Plock.
    At home the Scottish almost landed a fullstack near Eikundarsund but I managed to drive the fleet away and make peace with the Scottish afterwards. Shortly after making peace though they sent their fleet in my direction again and I intercepted a fullstack right at my shore. Neptun got a lot of Scottish souls that day and this backstab attempt does not sit well with me. I lack the funds to retaliate though.

Now I sent my heir to conquer Krakow, which he did while losing almost an entire stack. I hope I can hold out until backup arrives... the crusade aimed at Frankfurt certainly is a nice distraction.

OH I almost forgot:

€: After writing this and clicking next turn, my king died and the pope forgave me. Hopefully the Poles will stay away now that I´m a certified saint again... also, with my new king having an authority rating of ONE I´m a bit concerned about civil wars and such.
    Also my faction is just plain weird now. King Erik, aged 29, Prince Knut, aged 66.
    Last edited by Medieval PossuM; January 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galain_Ironhide View Post
    A lot of interesting things going on there in that campaign. What mods/diffuculty etc are you playing?

I call myself a turtler however sometimes I get too tempted to start taking over the world too soon.
    I'm playing on vh/vh SS 6.4 late era campagn no sub-mods.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galain_Ironhide View Post
    It has begun! Nice job so far Lifthrasir even with the constraints of BGRIV-E. Going into Britain through Ireland was a nice move, now the English have to worry about you from two sides.

How have you found playing with the Longer Assimilation mod?
    @ Galain_Ironhide, that's not an added submod but the option included in SS6.4 menu. When I configure my game the 1st time, I choose Savage AI, RR, Longer Assimilation, BGRIV-E, Permanent Arrows and Permanent Watch Tower. As Byg said it was more challenging to use BGRIV-E with Gracul AI, I switched Savage AI to Gracul AI.
    Then I have installed 3 submods but for graphic purposes: SSMAP (from Fair Prince and still under development), Crimson Tide v4.2 (from Magnus, may be already and partially included in SS6.4 but I wasn't sure) and St Polycarpe's Workshop (for units rosters and historical accuracy).

Honnestly, like that, the game is a good challenge for me. I'm not as good as some other players and I use only M/M difficulty level so far.

Aeratus that stack you have there is why I decided to play the Turks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ Galain_Ironhide, that's not an added submod but the option included in SS6.4 menu.
    Oops! My mistake. I lose track of it all sometimes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir
    Honnestly, like that, the game is a good challenge for me. I'm not as good as some other players and I use only M/M difficulty level so far.
    Hey no prob, keep us updated how it all goes.

freakkriek's Avatar Biarchus

I've just discovered the hotseat option (i know it took me a while but after playing every campaign over and over you just know what's going to happen and how to defend against it)
    I've been playing a Hotseat campaign against my brother using:

SS-4.6, Submodcompilation of Mehmeth (enabled Character development and live long and prosper), Savage AI and permanent watch towers.

I'm playing as the Byzantines and was just content to consolidate Turkey,Greece and the Balkans. But due to the Moors (brother) being on a rampage in Europe i decided to expand in Europe getting some big cities close to my brother regions so he would know where not to venture.

I've just decided to take the Holy Land since i was getting really bored of the constant Jihads against Constantinople and rather have the Jihad armies focus themselves on Jerusalem. Up till now there have only been 2 jihads NOT against me; first against jerusalem, second against Toledo (thx to brother) and well all the rest against me. Last jihad ended some turns ago so i'll have to be quick to get Jerusalem since the expansion in Syria left my turkish settlements scarcly occupied!

Markellinos and Isodoros Komnenos are so far the only generals that came in battle conflict against the Fatamids... and since they can't or won't pay ransoms I just enjoy myself killing them
    Especcially those pesky Ghulams
    Last edited by freakkriek; November 14, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
    An Ode to a briljant man
    Reality continues to ruin my life.
    Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
    Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words.
    I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life ... Procrastinating and rationalizing.

Your brother's Empire is... arr... very...

My question is can you actually fight your brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Antiochus View Post
    Your brother's Empire is... arr... very...

My question is can you actually fight your brother?
    do you mean "is it possible or do you have some No Attack Pacts?" or "are you seriously thinking you stand against that kind of Empire???"

Well we are allies so attacking him wouldn't rank so high in my agenda but it is possible... i mean on all other fronts we sabotage eachother when it's possible like him calling a jihad against my cities when he can, altough he never joins. And i speciallise in declaring war on enemies of him and draining them of funds when i offer peace =p conclusion: we both know eventually we will have to fight each other but we build up first

and i know on the map it looks very big... but his african cities are worth nothing, his Iberia is pretty well develloped but france is just conquered using shamelessly jihad tactics but ok what the game allows is allowed. We only fought once and that was over the control of Sicily and well.... the roman units are expensive but they just whipe the floor with those pesky arabs =D well we have one modification to the normal hotseat rules and that's city-battles can be played on the battlemap since it's always the attacker that has the option to control te armies so it's pretty fair. other battles are autoresolved.

Anyway some more screenshots:
    i've asked peace and recieved a tribute of 20000florins.
    now i'm retraininig my armies and recruiting throughout my empire to open a second front in Egypt because those Fatamids have some full stacks running around

anyway here is my financial scroll
    my brother tells me he gets a 15k profit a turn but since he's my brother i reckon it'll be around 25k, and the military scroll to compare
    Last edited by freakkriek; November 14, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
    An Ode to a briljant man
    Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
    I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life ... Procrastinating and rationalizing.

You have a nice big Merchant trade going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    You have a nice big Merchant trade going on there.
    I got the Merchant HQ pretty quick so i thought why don't use merchants for once....
    and yess it paid off pretty good
    An Ode to a briljant man

Some early campaigns and my English one. Ill let ye figure out whats going on.
    French

Turkish

English

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

What's the black faction in the English campaign? Would be fun to switch over to playing them.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E