Page 11 of 167 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by Iustinianos View Post
    Knights Templar, SS6.1, vh/vh. Year 1219, turn 94. I'm currently at war with the Kwarezmian Empire and the Seltsjuk Sultanate. I just declared war on the Turks so I started the siege of Nicea, Sinop, Isparta and Ceasara. The war with the Kwarezmian Empire is lasting for about 60-70 years. My plan was to wait with my expansion into their territories until the Mongols declare war on them, that way I could steal some of their cities while allowing the Mongols to play with those Kwarezmians a bit. After that I planned to wage war with the Mongols as well. Unfortunatly they just landed north of the Caspian Sea, near the Cuman cities. I hope they will expand south so I can fight them as well. For now I am planning to take over control of Anatolia, blitzing the Turks and throwing the weakened Byzantines out of Asia.

My Templar empire:

Knights Templar, SS6.1, vh/vh. Year 1248, turn 118.
    I drove the Turks out of Anatolia and conquered Constantinople. It's now my third most important economic city. The Turks only own Sinop and Tbilisi. I am raising an army to get Sinop and am just one step away from taking Tbilisi. When ive done that I will reinforce my northern borther there. My other enemy is still the Kwarezmian empire but I have pretty much broken them, I drove them out of the Middle-East and they only own some territories on the Russian steppes. I am not yet at war with the Mongols, who suprisely moved south into the Kwarezmian Empire instead of west into the Cuman teritorries. As you can see the Mongols own a settlement east of Ray(I think it's Dunham or something like that), I am planning to take it because it controls the road north. Once I control that I expect the war with them to go some what easier. My Papel standing is outstanding. I am allied with the Pope and Byzantium though I plan to drive them out of Turkey because Cannakkale threatens Nicea and Costantinople. At the moment my armies consist mostly of Templar Spearmen, Crossbowmen, Hospitaller knights and Hospitaller cavalry. I am number one of the world in everything but finance(those Irish are the number 1 )

My Templar Empire:

It looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast...

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Hay Shenryyr, can u post the Territory Timeline?
    first 10 turns: relocating from Vilnius to Nuremburg
    next 10 turns: building a small army to push to some castles and cities(HRE is RICH!!)
    next 40 turns: expand, expand, expand
    my other horse is a space ship

This is my Late Era Byzantine Game H/VH 30 turns in, as you can see I have gone down the honourable route and have also been successful against the Turks. My main allies are Hungary and Novgorod, but unfortunately ever since the Hungarians blitzed Kiev and took them out in about 5 turns, my allies have shared a common border and I'm hoping I won't have to choose between them. The Mongols are being easily drived back by Khwarezm, while KoJ has also done well, although they're about to lose Jerusalem to a Jihad and Nicosia to an Eqyptian army. Ireland have taken Brittany, while Venice and Sicily have been slugging it out for a while now in Italy.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

30 Turns in on my late era france game. All the action is taking place here (has been for around 10 turns) while I sit back and build!

Opps picture got messed up, I will take some more later, Back to building!

France, at 1683. Long term goals being strategic defense against Murder-Pope.
    Personally, I'd prefer seeing seeing a Byzantine Empire in the 1600s, and further. Realism? ha! The glory of crushing Rome's enemies comes before questions on why you have greeks with guns running around the Middle East and beyond.

New campaign, late era Denmark, vh/vh

The plan: Relocate to Konstantinopel and start a new viking powerhouse in the center of high religious conflict. The ERE is weak... let them fall!

After packing up their belongings, their families, and a couple religious leaders, two full stacks of Danish true set forth on a long march through central and southern europe, for their promised land, the fantastically rich Konstantinopel.

15 long years later, troops weary, generals losing many command stars, siege is waged at the huge walls of the great city. No ladders can be built to scale such monsters, but it doesn't matter. The Byzantines moved their capital to Canakkale, leaving Konstantinopel fairly unprotected, and our two full stacks have a ball sacking the riches, doing minimal damage to a few buildings.

With our new capital set, the few troops remaining in the far north are disbanded, allowing revolts to take place, all but Kalmar going rebel in three years. Our princess gives Kalmar to the trusted Poles during discussion for an alliance.

Focus now presents on the nearby rich settlements of Smyrna, Thessaloniki, and Nicaea... with our two stacks still intact, they all fall quickly, along with the decent castles Adrianople and Canakkale. The ERE maintains several large stacks near their new capital of Athen, and all along greece really, even three full stacks between Durazzo and Scopia.

Time passes. Priests are recruited to convert the orthodox populace, and we are wholeheartedly embraced as the rightful rulers of these ancient lands.

A moment of weakness is sighted when the purple masses of Byzantium head north, leaving Mystras nearly vacant. The best castle in the whole area... with two units defending! Granted one is the emperor.. but still! We recruit a few cheap spear militia and crossbowmen in Thessaloniki and run down there, capturing this fantastic building and immediately rushing new, powerful units from the fortress to capture Athen, Durazzo, Scopia, Rhodes, and finally, the last holdout, Arta.

ERE, we shall not miss you.

I like how the purple all goes yellow... we don't have bad relations with anyone else yet, but undoubtedly Hungary or the Turks will be next... Hungary was recently excommunicated, and they are at war with our good buddies Poland, so perhaps that's a good target, but we must be careful to only do the Lord's willing swordwork.

15 turns of travel, 15 turns of conquering a tired, old people afraid of change. Danes know how to pwn, baby. And now they know how to live the good life, resting in the spas and gardens of Konstantinopel, and worshipping in the grand basilica Hagia Sofia... after tearing out all the orthodox icons and replacing with gaudy catholic ones, of course.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

I like the relocate idea!!! I might have to do that! Maybe relocate France to Konstantinopel and name is Fonstantinopel

Did you sack or exterm. the city or cities?
    Last edited by strife1013; May 27, 2008 at 02:30 PM.

Default A Good Day

Day 3 of my HRE Late Era Campaign

So my day began as I finished my destruction of Venice. I had long ago purchased Ancona from the Venetian Doge for 10,000 florins, and saw my chance to finish the Venetians when I noticed that Ragusa was left defended only by one of their generals. With my assassin already there to sabotage their military might, I successfully assassinated the general, leaving Ragusa completely defenseless. So I merely boarded a few spearmen onto a boat and occupied Ragusa, sparking the war with Venice. After a short but bitter war (including me barely managing to defend myself from three nearly full-stack Venetians armies, most likely due to a survival script), I finally marched on Venice itself, and took it in a bloody battle, lead by Prince Konrad von Hohenstaufen himself.

I allowed the funds from Venice (early on I was getting over 5,000 florins a turn from taxes just from there) to help recover from the war. While I sat and let my finances grow, my allies Hungary and Poland went to war with one another. Since I had a marriage alliance with Hungary, I stuck with them. As more and more years passed, the stalemate between Poland and Hungary sickened me. I was hoping for more of a war to grind Poland's finances down. Since Hungary was excommunicated, I decided to intervene and assassinate the Hungarian king, thereby reconciling Hungary in the eyes of the Pope. This of course made hostilities towards the Hungarians piss off the Pope, which ended up in the excommunication of Poland.

By this point I was swimming in profits of 10,000 florins per turn, which I gladly used to fund the building of two armies: one in Hamburg and one in Staufen. With Venice out of the way and France having more than enough military might to keep Genoa from taking Marseilles, I decided I could not leave the Genoese to their own devices. When the Genoese launched their final wave of armies to siege Marseilles, I swept down from the mountains (and up from Florence) with 70% stack armies and siege equipment. In one year, Genoa disappeared from the map, and became the first faction to be destroyed.

I simultaneously marched from Hamburg, boarded a waiting ship in the Baltic, and landed outside of Stettin. And there I noticed my chance. With Poland excommunicated, I commissioned a crusade against Krakow, and had two armies join the crusade against Poland. With the Polish king in Stettin, I could not afford to end the crusade early before I could use it to my full advantage, so I turned my northern army's sights upon Thorn. While I lay siege to Thorn, Breslau's walls fell to Prague's trebuchets and the square to the Lord of Vienna's men. Again, due to most of the Polish-Hungarian war focused around Krakow, Breslau was lightly garrisoned, and thus my army sweeped them out of the city.

My day did not end there! I ended my turn, and upon my next turn I was delighted to see that half the Catholic world joined me in the crusade. With rams and ladders built, I assaulted Thorn and took it with relative ease. Without a relieving army, the unprepared Polish militias were decimated by my superior (professional) forces. The same turn, I took a part of the army that felled Breslau, joined it with some of the cavalry that saw Thorn fall, and met with my Hungarian allies at Krakow. My Teutonic, Sicilian, and Hungarian allies all had full-stack armies sitting outside of Krakow, so I took the initiative and assaulted it. As I had trebuchets, I immediately attacked. The Battle of Krakow was started when my trebuchets knocked down the gates, allowing my allies to make up for my lack of numbers, and in the end the combined forces took the square in the name of the Holy Roman Empire. The One-Year Crusade was over!

Yet my fun did not end there! I still had the army that took Breslau, so I ordered the majority of the army to march upon Plock and lay siege to it. Yet when I arrived, lo and behold, it was a repeat of the taking of Ragusa! After quickly assassinating the general tasked with defending Plock, I occupied Plock with the army standing outside.

So in three turns (from already controlling Venice's Balkan provinces), I eliminated Genoa and effectively cleaved Poland in two. My, what a good day!

TemplarLord's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: A Good Day

Well, I guess you're the new Hitler then

Default Re: A Good Day

go on and make the Charlemagne empire

edit: WTF is a french army doing in the middle of your territory?

btw what level are you playing at?
    Last edited by spanish_emperor; May 28, 2008 at 06:18 AM.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Threads merged.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

2nd update
    Late Era Denmark after relocating to Konstantinopel in the heart of the ERE.
    vh/vh difficulty

------------
    turns 31-41
    ------------

As promised, the marriage alliance with Poland worth much more than the marriage alliance with our neighbors, the Hungarians... so armies fortified in Mystras start marching north, taking first Belgrade, then Sofia, Bucharest, Bran, and finally Iasi.

So long as Hungary is still excommunicated, we shall press forth and conquer. Armies are moving for Halych and Szekesfehervar. There won't be much left of these once-friends very long. My only complaint is they have so many castles, not much profit to be had. I will have to convert some to cities.

We forged a tentative military alliance with the Kwarezm because they are at war with both the Fatimids and Seljuk Turks, who we shall soon turn our sights to(once we're done with Hungary).

Konstantinopel is proving a fantastic holding, with 38,000 people and more arriving every day, giving nearly 5k profit itself.

Mr. Hat has called crusade on Jerusalem after the Fatimids took it from KoJ... We have a 10/10 rating right now, so it really isn't necessary to join the crusade, and besides if we did, our friends would just get pissed off when we completed the conquering of the city. It really isn't worth it.

The Danes are getting accustomed to the easy life, and I'm going to keep them there, building markets and bigger churches and spending all sorts of cash to make the populace happy. It's ok, we can afford it.

------------
    Turns 41-51
    ------------

From Iasi we march 2 full stacks to take Halych and quickly Satu Mare before resting. Mystras continus producing full stacks of powerful units, allowing the danes to hit Hungary from the West as well, taking Zagreb and their capital of Szekesfehervar before both forces push on the last settlement of Buda from East and West at the same time.

Silence falls of the huge lands of Hungary as they come to know the cruel fist and comforting open hand of Danish rule. Where's Istvan now?

Attention now turns south, sending a new full stack by boat to Crete, and on to Rhodes to retake lands stolen by the Fatimids.

Northern armies are battered, one recovering in Halych, the others pushing on toward Zhytomyr, where Kiev has 5 full stacks hovering. We see little reason to fear their old, tired units.

Mystras continues to build us the means to do God's will, to conquer in His name. We shall spare catholics from further inquisition; the pope can filter out the rest. Our target now is the Orthodox to the northeast and the many moslems to the southeast.

France completed the crusade to Jerusalem, while the Seljuk Turks completed a jihad to Acre. We remain tentative allies with the Kwarezm and shall persist with this tie until the complete destruction of the Turks.
    Last edited by shenryyr; May 29, 2008 at 03:13 PM.

edit: WTF is a french army doing in the middle of your territory?
    lol The French joined the crusade against Poland, but I took Krakow before they got there, so they're on their way back. They haven't attacked me.

How did you do it shenyry, i play on H/H and i tried what you did, 2 full stacks with 2-3 generals in each, and i was in -10000 florins just as i reached Konstantinopal, and then i LOST the siege LOL. Im not very good at battles.

I'll give you my good finance and economical skills, you give me your military skills. NOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Furiøùs View Post
    How did you do it shenyry, i play on H/H and i tried what you did, 2 full stacks with 2-3 generals in each, and i was in -10000 florins just as i reached Konstantinopal, and then i LOST the siege LOL. Im not very good at battles.

I'll give you my good finance and economical skills, you give me your military skills. NOW!!!!
    When I arrived at the city we were still making money each turn thanks to Reval, Aarhus, Roskilde, and Lund... we were about 39k in the bank at the time I believe. I only left 1 unit in each(well, Roskilde was happy without a unit, so I left it empty). Were you building in those towns or something? Or did you let them rebel while you were marching? I didn't let them rebel until after switching capitals to Konstantinopel.

But remember when I arrived, the byzantines only had 6 units in the city or so, everyone else had moved away to their new capitol of Cannakale. They often move capital there, or sometimes Athens. It was a really easy fight for Konstantinopel.

3rd update
    Late Era Denmark after relocating to Konstantinopel in the heart of the ERE.
    vh/vh difficulty

------------
    turns 51-61
    ------------

Largest faction since turn 32, strongest military since turn 36, on-and-off most advanced faction, we've really made a brand new Denmark here surrounding the great city Konstantinopel.

• From Halych we press to Zhytomyr and then Kiev.
    • From Mystras we ferry to Isparta.
    • From Nicosia we ferry to Iconium.
    • From Adrianople and Konstantinopel we press Ankara, and then Adana.

rest.

• From Adana we push to Aleppo, and then Edessa.
    • From Iconium and Isparta we ferry down to Acre, Jerusalem, and Gaza.
    • From Satu Mare we ferry to Kutaisi and then Tblisi.
    • From Szekesfehervar we ferry to Trebizond.

Currently sieging Yerevan and Al Aqaba. Army heading north from Kiev to try to take some of the recently rebelled regions after the Cumans destroyed Novgorod.

At turn 61, New Denmark holds 39 regions, is 115-5 in battles, 9/10 rating with the pope, allied with: Venice, Papal States, France, Poland(+MRG), Teutonic Order, Kingdom of Jerusalem, and Kwarezm. Warring with: Fatimids, Seljuk Turks, and Kievan Rus.

After weeding out the last Turks and Rus, attention will turn to Venice. They may be our allies, but we border them in Dalmatia, Anatolia, and the Ukraine. Simply have to go, they're limiting our rapid expansion! And these Danish feet are laaaarge.

------------
    turns 61-71
    ------------

In the North:
    Lithuania and Kiev failed to take Mensk and Smolensk so we grabbed both, then marched down to take Bryansk. Kiev now down to just 2 regions!

In Anatolia:
    Spending spree! Purchased Diyarbakir, then Caesarea, and finally Sinop from Venice, paying only 5k/turn for 20 turns. Thank you very much! I thought we would have to go to war to get these, but nope.

In Mesopotamia:
    Purchased Basra from the Kwarezm for 2k/turn for 10 turns.

In the Caucasus:
    Pressed south from Tblisi to take Yerevan and then Tehran. Seljuk Turks are now down to just 1 region!

In the Holy Lands:
    Antioch rebelled against KoJ so we gladly swooped in to take the famous city. Took Kerak from the Fatimids, beginning The March to the End

In Arabia:
    Continued The March to the End, taking Al Aqaba, Tayma, Medina, and Mecca.

In Egypt:
    Built new large armies in Acre, Kerak, and Giza, then ferried to Damietta, Alexandria, and marched in to take Cairo. Ferried troops from Mecca to finish off the Fatimids at Luxor.

Married our faction heir to a French princess, giving us another powerful ally far away from our lands.

We now control 58 regions, with 149 battle victories. This campaign is getting ridiculously easy, earning nearly 30k/turn(well, about 20k after giving out 7k/turn to other factions for regions).

We purchased Bari from Sicily at some point, maybe 30 turns back, but I keep forgetting to highlight it when making our empire's border. Oh well, just imagine a nice magenta glow around Italy's heel.

What's the appeal of medieval blitzkrieg?

Biarchus

Gobling up all the reble land and smaller countries around you gives you enuf power and money to stand up to the biger countries sooner. I supose that is the apeal.

Quote Originally Posted by [COJOT]Alpha-Lupus View Post
    What's the appeal of medieval blitzkrieg?
    'cuz it's far better than sitting around doing nothing? It makes the game fun. Lots of battles, lots of war, woo!

All the maps from my Denmark campaign, completely relocating to the heart of the ERE... and doing a swell job of rebuilding the empire to its past glory! With a touch of viking heritage of course.
    Last edited by shenryyr; May 29, 2008 at 04:00 PM.

Took all of England.. allied with Ireland so I'll leave them alone. Oporto [castle in picture] is going to be a launching point for my take over of Spain [also have 2 full armies coming from London]. Took the 2 cities in France because the French were annoying me.. so I took them and made them accept peace.

- The map isn't totally accurate. There is several areas that have been taken over by other fractions and some areas are Rebel.

- & I cheated for the money... I'm not making that much income
    Last edited by marine513; May 29, 2008 at 07:27 PM.