Thread: Post your Empires!

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Post your Empires!

I see you are building yourself a neat Constantinople army there Are you going to spread those siphonatore's around the map?

AFAIK the AI does have a population bonus and by memory, Constantinople is still the biggest city in an Early Era game at the start, so its still no surprise that you were able to build it up the Huge status so quickly - Plus if you are able to build all of the School line buildings, your governers get some awsome economic + pop.growth traits which come in very handy.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Mongols to begin with as it looks like you still have a nice buffer between yourself and them. When the time does come, just make sure you have plenty of missle cav in your stacks to counter them.

Nice work so far too by the way.
    Last edited by Galain_Ironhide; January 13, 2012 at 01:22 AM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

What AI do you use.

Laetus

i use the standard Savage AI, i guess it would be much harder to play with byzantines in the Late Era, i like the passive style, building up economy and developing cities, a lot of novgorodian territories were bought from me
    thx Galain, i'm on my 3 stack with Spartharii tou Vasileos, Varagian Guard, Scholae, Siphonatore's and Mourtaroi, it's very easy to win battles with the elite core, and i probably always had the luck to have awesome governors on my beloved city

Thos units have a pretty small AOR though, will make it a later on.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Thos units have a pretty small AOR though, will make it a later on.
    yes, but i don't expect to use them too far away from constantinople, so i'll be always retraining them, i have a question, can the pope call crusades on my cities?

Orthodox factions cant be crusaded against.

My neat Reich on early. I hope to finish Genoa and Denmark up to turn 50 (I am on 44), France will be a bit more difficult. Then I will be able to disband my expensive army in Europe and let my economy heal while I conquer the Fatmids. This will be enough for me to win the campaign.

This map is a bit weird, Norway conquering central England, Kievan Rus' taking Crimea...

Gazz's Avatar Miles

I've seen the Kievans taking Crimea before, but Norway attacking England? :O

In my Denmark campaign, shortly after taking Caernarvon, I recall a small Norwegian army disembarking nearby. They never attacked me, but, from all appearances, Norway had planned an attack on the settlement just prior to me taking it. If left unharassed, as was the case in my campaign, Norway becomes exceptionally strong. I have no doubt they could subjugate the Isles if given enough time.

Hollowfang, how are your relations with Rome? You seem to have encroached heavily, and in a short time span, on the territories of several other Catholic factions. Have you been excommunicated?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowfang View Post
    This map is a bit weird, Norway conquering central England,
    Not quite so uncommon. I've had this in the last two campaigns I've played. However I do find it fascinating when they manage to pull off the invasion, as they at both times have attacked with only a half stack of men.

If you look at the map from my campaign post on page 107 of this thread, Norway took York and to top things off for England, Denmark attacked London right at about the same time which destroyed them.
    Last edited by Galain_Ironhide; January 15, 2012 at 07:27 AM.

Norway will always invade the Isles as long as theyre not pressed to haed by Denmark. They like to land in York with a dew stacks 50+ turns in.

Well, I haven't noticed that behaviour from Norway in my previous campaigns.

As of my relationship with the Pope: I have a German pope right now, I'm allied with Rome and managed to maintain good relationships by winning the crusades and having Catholic allies (Sicily, the iberians, Poland, Hungary and Norway, mostly). I ignored several requests from the Pope to stop attacking Denmark, and he haven't threatened me with excommunication yet. Genoa and France attacked me and their standings with the Pope suffered heavily.

Oh, another funny thing happened: Aleppo stood with no garisson for quite a time (around 10 turns) and no one took it. THAT'S weird!
    Last edited by Hollowfang; January 15, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

Impressive. I've never played as the HRE, but in everyone of my campaigns they end up excommunicated. Furthermore, playing as Denmark, and with a perfect Papal Rating, I still managed to get excommunicated when my campaign with excommunicated England (quickly reconciled) took a few years to succeed. Even with a new king, a Danish Pope, and a perfect rating I got excommunicated after just one warning while striking the finishing blow on France, who, for the record, started the war against me unprovoked to begin with. I wonder if the Danes have some Papal Rating penalty built into the AI.

With regards to settlements being empty yet unchallenged, I've seen that quite often and in some of the strangest places. Hungary once left Vienna completely ungarrisoned while at war with Venice and the Byzantines. The latter faction also seems fond of leaving some of their southern Greek settlements unprotected. Again, I wonder how much is built into the AI as most of factions seem to keep their capitals fully stocked, but leave their other settlements virtually empty. Sneaking a spy into some of these places has shown they are already rioting or near to it.

My late campaign as the Turks, I allied with the Moors, Fatimid, and Novgorod. At the moment I'm taking quite a beat in Europe, after I called a jihad on Rome. I actually wanted the city for myself, but didn't feel like fighting hordes of swiss guards that never seem to surrender. It took the combine might of the Moors and Fatimid and the destruction of several of their stacks to capture the city in the end, which is cool as now I have a barrier between my terrority in southern Italy and Western Europe. Many of Catholic factions started declaring war on me, the Hungarians, English, all the Italian factions, even Kiev, who was allied with Hungary after this.

The Mongols advance has been steadily halted, mainly thanks to the Egyptians, as well as the sacrifice of several dozens Novgorod armies. This whole time I managed to stay off the Mongols radar by paying them large sum of money every time they declared war on me.

Huh thats kinda fail. You should be able to easily crush the mongols at the pint your at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Huh thats kinda fail. You should be able to easily crush the mongols at the pint your at.
    My empire is big, but it isn't as rich as you might think. If I wanted to, I could take on the mongols but at the moment I want to concentrate on Europe first before I shift my armies eastward.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

This thread got killed a couple of months back

No point posting empires really, theres been no wtf ones.

Still, I like reading up on other peoples campaigns and sadly I don't think people do enough of it these days - even if it is England conquers the world again, or the Byzantines reclaims their old empire - its all good stuff and I think we as a community should promote it more and be a lot more positive in reflection, to inspire people back to posting their glorious triumphs.

Come on people post those empires - GIVE ME SOMETHING TO READ WHILST I'M AT WORK! (....if thats not inspiration then I don't know what else is)

I totally agree with you I like this thread