Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

To be honest its a really boring faction imo.

no family tree ensures often a strong faction leader which is good but eventually with no family lines I kind of lost interest in my generals besides my faction leader/heir.

roster is lacking also late in the game, im used to playing as factions like france, hre, etc... so i like some end game variety and sadly i find it lacking in the TO. maybe submods can fix that though.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Late game variety can be expalined away with how they didnt actaually surviv past 1400 or so IIRC.

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

There is a submod that gives them a family tree ...

EDIT: here you go!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440357
    Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings.

Victor Stenger

thanks!, that really was one of my major drawbacks to playing as them. I love family trees, I even got William Wallace as my lithuania faction leader and many years later his sons are now faction leaders and heirs. though that took a little bit of killing off the last remaining royal line to ensure Williams legacy as his sons take over.

Is that submod save game compatable? probably wont do teut again even given family tree if its not save game useable.

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Lol, Grand Duke William. Shame his sons aren't named Wallace though. I'm afraid such a submod won't be compatible.

Man William is whipped.

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Man William is whipped.
    Lol I noticed that too, must be some witch he married. xD

M/M
    Submod compilation

In the year of our lord 1110 AD begins our tale in the english kingdom!

Wishing to fulfill the dominance over the lands, king Henry rallies his nobles in the town of Nottingham with all their entourage of knights to strike out on a campaign in Wales. Not only for the conquest of these lands, but also to impose his rule strongly upon his fellow dukes and counts. A king is a king!
    The capital falls quickly to the large host of the english and the king must see to the defences of Normandy before the french decide to enroach upon this feebly defended piece of land.

The entire host re-supplies in London before taking the journey overseas, but not before long is the king notfied of a treacherous assault! The Scotsmen have betrayed us and laid siege upon York!
    Quickly Henry rushes back with his nobles to assemble another army of conscripts, and Duke Robert is left in charge of the host in Normandy. His eyes are not set upon defences though, but conquest and thus does he incorporate the lands of Brittany under the english crown!

Home in england, York falls to the scottish horde, but soon enough king Henry, all-though-hero, arrives with a lesser army of his kinsmen who are more used to the plow than the spear along with mercenaries and liberates the city.
    Filled with rage over the broken peace treaty he sets out to meet up with the english fleet that was moved to block the fishing village near York to prevent transportation of the scotsmen. Quickly moving north with the ships he launches a furious assault upon the scottish capital of Edinburgh and claims it in the name of england! Going against the wishes of the pope not to harm his northern enemies. But soon enough the scottish sues for peace upon which Henry demands gold for the injuries his people suffered.

Shortly after the english fleet is engaged by the norwegian royal fleet, but is successful in winning the battle, the northmen also sue for peace after their disastrous attempt. Their fear of english retribution is great...
    With a secure north and south, king Henry sets out for a 4 year long campaign in Ireland to subdue the irish kings, which he succeeds with, but to a cost, only 1/3 of the army remains after the campaign, which is now mostly compromised of professional soldiers.
    During his absensce, a religious feud breakes out in Brittany and the cardinal of Canterbury returns twice to the region in only 3 years to put down these foolish heretics!

After a short respite, Duke Robert is sent to claim Scotland for the english crown. With him stands an army of 1400 soldiers, true soldiers. Not peasants. His first target is Arberdeen, where the scottish king resides after the exile from Edinburgh. With only his retinue to guard the city, it falls quickly and he is beheaded. Enraged by the slaughter of his brother, the new scottish king attacks the city only to be repelled and chased all the way to Inverness where he meets his end, after the pope has once again tried to meddle, now the british isles are under control!

But alas, rebellion is at hand, the nobles of Northumbria rise up in rebellion against the crown and king Henry, duke Guy, adopted prince of the english royal house is sent from London to prove his worth. Along the way he summons professional soldiers, mercenaries and conspcripts. After several battles and ambushes he puts down the revolt. And is recognized as something of a good commander, as his losses as incredibly few going against such strong opponents(knights, archers, mailed spearmen).

To make amends with the pope, king Henry orders his step-son Guy to go on the crusade against Frankfurt, for the german-romans have sinned lots and lots and lots. Being "GERMAN" Romans. Gits.
    Either way, he picks up a large host of troops from London, as well as crusaders and quite frankly, rushes and siezes the city after a horrendously bloody fight.

1300 - 1200 and almost 900 men lost! I wish I had been allied to Hungary and Leon-Castille. Prince Guy barely makes it north wards the sea before engaging in another battle with the germans. A bloody and battered army makes it through allied french lands before being transported back to London. But alas, the conquest was fulfilled.

Somehow, the blasted norsemen made it through our lines and besieged Nottingham! With no army in sight since Guy is still halfway there, Robert is in Scotland and Henry in London with a small city garrison the city falls.
    Together, Robert and Herny manages to summon a large enough host(1 and ½ stack) and puts the norsemen under siege. Robert however dies of old age, finally acknowledging Guy as the new Duke and prince of england.
    Despite Nottingham in enemy hands, Guy lands in Normandy to prevent any french attacks, even though we are allies, they hunger for our lands... (At thus point I've bought Angers also).

Since the norwegian host is large, the city is put under siege for several years to wait them out, meanwhile Henry journies to York to continue the business of the kingdom.
    Meanwhile, a young and prominent duke who just married in the royal house, duke William, is put at command of the french forces(english that is) and begins a short campaign of ridding the lands of french rebel knights and whatnot. The young man seems to be quite talented att commanding troops. Yes, the king has great plans for him! Guy resides in Normandy to replenish his battered forces.

Another religious rebellion rises up in Brittany, but this time it spreads to Wessex as well, several high ranking pious men are gathered to call upon a witchhunt to slaughter these heretics! Wessex is cleared quickly but Brittany maintains a stronghold for these irrational teachings.
    In england, Nottingham falls and many of the soldiers are sent back to London to be re-supplied, but king Henry is not satisfied, the norsemen tried to bargain an alliance and allowed to go. NO, he would not have it that way, not king Henry the Conqueror...

With two armies being built in france, and one residing in London, king Henry sets off with a large mercenary host and the english navy to invade Norway, before he leaves though, he orders the construction of a second royal navy and that Prince Guy be crowned immidiately if he should fall, with duke William named as his heir.
    (Bloody pope rabbles on and on btw all the time. Annoying git.)

Henry lands in Hordaland with his army, being under attack at once, he defends himself valiantly and obliterates the enemy host before taking the nearby defenseless city of Bergen.
    Bent for glory, he sets out again, towards Eikundarsund, to once and for all put an end to the norsemen.
    Between him and the city stands 3000 men against his 1000. What will happen now, great king?

Otherwise in the world, chrisitanity is on the decline. Western europe is falling to the moors who are dominating the iberian peninsula and repelling any sicilian attempt of expansion west from algiers. Middle europe and germany is being squabbled over by the french, geonese, papal armies, polish, danes and probably soon the romans.
    For the romans have prevailed in the east, crushing hungary and made their first step into italy, they are currently the most powerful nation alive, with mass of stacks invading anatolia to rid it from the turks.
    In the levantine, the fatimids are dominating, they're a monster powerhouse really.

All in all, the muslims are dominating. They're the four most powerful factions after ERE. Ironic isn't it? The byzantines being chrisitianity's strongest defense against the heretic believers of islam.
    With france and genua being the western fronties against the moors.

All in all, a fun campaign, too bad I forgot pictues.

Must..not..say...tl;dr.
    On the upside that looks looks like a fun campaign, here have some holiday rep straight from santas workshop.
    +Rep
    Last edited by Ferdiad; December 20, 2011 at 10:26 PM.

The Western Roman Empire VS The Eastern Roman Empire

I am England.

That is quite impressive and cool.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jihad4Life View Post

I am England.
    Ummm...good luck with that!

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

That's bloody awesome! Time to determine who are the real romans!

Alright so I've taken control of Iberia! Finally! I'll make a formal update here in a bit.

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

Took you long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Galain_Ironhide View Post
    Took you long enough!
    It was rough. The Hungarians are relentless. I managed to slip behind and take their settlements, which forced the hordes to dissolve toward the front lines. It was all a matter of time and troops tbh, I was waiting on some reinforcements from Palermo and Nottingham to give me that extra unf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihad4Life View Post

I am England.
    Well, you handle that the same way you eat an elephant: one bite at a time.

How's that going? lol. Are you still playing that campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    How's that going? lol. Are you still playing that campaign?

Yep. In fact I started an AAR on it.

That HRE vs. Byzantium map is quite remarkable. Did the AI actually turn the world like that, or did you conquer the whole thing and gave the cities to the AI?