Thread: Post your Empires!

and this 30 years later

The scots are giving the HRE a spanking and the Hungarians attacked me so it would be rude not to let them know what they started, I think it's going to be long and expensive war. The Norwegians gave up their sovereignty to the moors after my forcing them to Spain. I have also kept a strong alliance with Novgorod since starting and so far they seem to be holding the Mongols at bay, although everyone else is getting steamed,

NO2EU
    Last edited by gaiusjulii; November 04, 2011 at 05:51 PM.
    UKIP Time for a change.

Infowars.com Wake up.

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    you should defs take on hungary with capturing their roman, Levant, and northern Egyptian regions
    But why would I attack regions not even close to my borders? Once they declare war on me the Alsace, Lorraine, Cologne, and Burgundy will be SLAMMED. That's why right now I am securing the popular passages with forts. Iberia is also in grave danger too. Their military presence soars above me there.

I'd have to be clinically insane to sail across Europe to Levant and Egypt. Take another look at my map. lol

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Iceclaw View Post
    But why would I attack regions not even close to my borders? Once they declare war on me the Alsace, Lorraine, Cologne, and Burgundy will be SLAMMED. That's why right now I am securing the popular passages with forts. Iberia is also in grave danger too. Their military presence soars above me there.

I'd have to be clinically insane to sail across Europe to Levant and Egypt. Take another look at my map. lol
    If you are going for an allout war now you'll be defeated easily. Try trading some of your overseas settlements for those in Iberia and France, so you are secure in your back. Then you can start planning conquest.

The Source's Avatar Senator

i suggested those areas because they would be where they get most of thier income, though i could be refeering to much to the early/late era where you are already 400 years into the game

Actually I would agree with source send 3 or 4 stacks and attack on the other side of the map. 2 reasons the Enemy will have to fight on 2 fronts stopping massing in area. And 2nd you can hit them economically. Piracy type attacks take a settlement and raze it to the ground, you the let it go rebel you can do this all along the med just don't expect to keep them long. Try take a fortress to retrain but slaughter the rest and enjoy the florins. The AI will send reinforcements taking the pressure off of northern Europe. By the time they arrive you will have at least 2 veteran stacks. Take the high ground and start the slaughter. Treat this as an independent army and if destroyed so what you have bloodied the enemy with little loss, and plenty of gold to replenish the armies in france and England. That would be my strategy. In short turtle Europe and attack on the fly

NO2EU
    UKIP Time for a change.

Infowars.com Wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    If you are going for an allout war now you'll be defeated easily. Try trading some of your overseas settlements for those in Iberia and France, so you are secure in your back. Then you can start planning conquest.
    I have no intentions of starting a war. I am preparing for THEM to start a war.

I need to worry about securing my western territories before I plan anything like overseas ambush. My income is getting lower, so I'm trying to slow down my spending. I'm focusing on defense. Just in case they do decide to take me. That's why I asked why in the world I would jump over and attack the Holy Land.

If they attack they'll slam the French borders at once and their stacks around Barcelona will surely fly into splintering directions targeting settlements.

The stacks around Barcelona currently:
    Last edited by Iceclaw; November 06, 2011 at 09:21 PM.

My suggestion? Buy Barcelona, Toulouse, and Spain from them. Sure, it would cost you 180-300 thousand florins, which is most of your treasury, but compared with the headache they'll cause you, and cost of training and maintaining the troops needed to deal with them, I'd consider it worth it. Alternatively, or maybe once you built up a significant reserve of cash again, I'd purchase territories in the east and give them to any surviving factions. Perhaps return some of Russia to Novgorod, or the Levant to Sicily, then send them money to do your dirty work for you.

OK playing as the HRE, I started excommunicated so I bought the pope with bolognia and I started pushing along the Northsea coast as far Bruges. However the English ambushed my army and Killed King Heinrich the brave even though I pushed their rotten corpses back into the Sea.

I decided to wage a war of revenge using the kings brother and took Nottingham and then Winchester. About 20 years later I took london and Sued for peace which Was granted. while doing this I cemented alliances with all of my neighbours. I called a Crusade onto the Fatamids for destroying the Crusader states. However the Uber Hungarians Beat me their. The Venetians and the Hungarians went to war and I sided with Venice taking Constantinople with now defunct crusading army and then moved onto Rhodes. I am now neutral with hungary and england and at war with the Fatamids.

Where now? I have noticed french armies sitting outside my border settlements fow a few turns then leaving I am now expecting an attack to come from my supposed allies.... Were quite evenly matched but I dont want to turn my back on the hungarians. I think I am going to wait and see who attacks first.
    UKIP Time for a change.

Infowars.com Wake up.

I'd be more scared of France attacking you considering they have a lot more settlements bordering yours unlike Hungary not counting Constantinople and such.

In my HRE game I have finallly broken the coveted OVER NINE-THOUSAND FLORINS achievement. I'm currently sitting on 1,223,316 Florins. Feels gut, mann.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

Try getting 10 million next....
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011

☩ THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND ☩

& The Anglo Expanse

FEUDALISM ENDURES
    ENGLAND, 1700
    It is no the eighteenth century and Europe remains the same feudal hell. Nothing much has changed, save the introduction of gun powder and developing arts in Italia. Cultures have fluctuated minorly and the government of Christendom remains the same. The past twenty years have been spent focusing on the development of cities and peace in general. The relationship between England and The Grand Hungarian Empire healed from it's disturbance after the war with the Caliphate, for sometime. The Empire seemed to mean no harm to England considering they hadn't shown aggression with English borders, but the abundance of Hungarian armies in south east Iberia and Gascony was a tad disruptive.

King Fulk, at the throne of England, placed a massive strategic defense movement in English history. The Godwins may have conquered the Holy Land, Hugh may have led England through the most vicious war with Norway, Baldwin repelled the Moors after their two century presence, but King Fulk intended to protect- not glorious expansion. Throughout the major passage ways and roads of Europe but within English territory, fortifications were erected swiftly. Cities and castles were armed with the latest cannon technology and walls soared above the ground. Major settlements and bordering castles were filled to the brim with troops.

The Grand Hungarian Empire seemed to take no note to this. Their military presence and relationship remained sterile. For reasons not even philosophers could not explain to Fulk, Barcelona and Toulouse became heavily guarded and housed thousands of units that made up multiple full armies. All King Fulk could do was lie and wait in this time of peace hanging on a thread. He knew England would be ready.

THE PAPACY'S RETRIBUTION
    ENGLAND, 1749
    For the past fifty years England has enjoyed a time of peace and a time of uneasiness. The Anglo Expanse sat tight as more and more defenses were put into place.

Hungary turns back to war with Russia in the far north east, after blessing them with years of rest to fight off the Moors with England. What troubles King FUlk is Hungary's agression towards it's long time vassal, the Teutonic Order. They posses only two settlements, a city along the Black Sea and a fortress in the dessert mountains. Hungary sends forth legions of full armies towards Azaq. The Order surprisingly has several strong armies surrounding the city. This ring of defense became helpless. Hungary lashed out and army after Teutonic army was bleed like a pig. The river delta ran blood in the thick Black Sea. Azaq falls in 1745, the last Teutonic settlement in Europe.

The Hungarian Pope has lost faith. Hungary's reputation with their own Pope (the first Hungarian pope in a century, England has held the Vatican for sometime) plummets and they rapidly become excommunicated from the Catholic faith. The Pope orders Italian armies to spill from the Alps and in one year three Hungarian cities are under seige by his holiness.

King Fulk agree's to the Papal States' movement, but remains neutral to their long old allies. That same year, King Fulk dies of old age, passing the fate of England to his son. †

Pictures
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Hungarians encircle the helpless Teutonic Order port city.

Barcelona remains heavily occupied + forces move up to Toulouse.

King Fulk sides with the Papal States, in hope that the balance of power will alter.

The Papacy's reaction to Hungarian's torture to the Teutonic Order.

The Vatican has erupted against it's own member of Christendom. Praise be to God.
    Last edited by Iceclaw; November 07, 2011 at 10:10 PM.

feed them money now so you will be great standing with the pope and they might make a dent in hungary.

secure Iberia as well as Southern France, push into Germany if you can, that is, when are actually at war with them

I started new campaign again, now with blood thirsty Fatimids. M/M, Early Era, Permanent Watchtowers, Savage AI.

My first target was destroy the Crusaders as soon as possible, because I knew that guy with pointy hat might call crusade to Cairo, and then crusaders will have army at my front door in one turn. So Jerusalem and Kerak was taken, and Crusaders wanted peace. I started to build my economy, and same time secretly prepare for invasion to last Crusader areas. And help my allies, Seljuks, against their future fights against Byzzies. About turn 20, I attacked Crusaders capital, Antioch. It didn't last when Seljuks came help. I just rushed door open, and Seljuks killed everyone inside. Tortosa was under my control soon after that. Crusaders were destroyed, because Seljuks were invaded to Aleppo and Edessa. They also had Damascos. I tried to be in good relations with pope, so I gifted him with 40 000 florins, and I was Outstanding relations. But he wanted war, and called crusade to Cairo, when I started my invasion to Byzantine lands. First only on islands, Cypros, Crete and Rhodes became part of islamic world. I got Adana with peace. Time to kick crusaders back to their mothers.

I had three (I was able to made fourth in two turns) armies ready to kick two, maybe three crusader armies at once. But it was little disapointment, when only Hungarians get to Cairo. Nobody else even close. Hungarians were beaten, not even challenging battle. Next please, 7 factions were on way. One down. Next was French army. But they did something unexpected. They started war against Seljuks. I was scared when their army came to Gaza region, and two huge Seljuks armies wanted their heads. So, French crusade get awkward ending. They cancelled their crusade, their army routed and Seljuks got their familymember's head. 5 factions left. Then, there came three factions at once. I was eager to beat them, but it was disapointment when English crusader died because too old, Sicilian army deserted and they attacked to Alexandria (and got beaten), but Norwegian army was great. They had 2 units which weren't crusading units. Their heir, and some savonian swordmen. All others were crusader foot knights etc. They almost got Cairo, because they rushed throug my infantry, and took control of the city. They didn't keep it enaugh long, and because they were in middle of city, their routers were nice to capture. 2 factions left, Aragon and Portugal, but then pope died and crusade was over.

Next war against byzzies. I took Isparta and Smyrna, and called Jihad to Constantinopole. My Jihad army, with couple of Seljuk armies were beaten back, and then the time was full. I couldn't join anymore, but Moors, Seljuks and Khwarzermians had armies on way. Khwarzermian never get here, and Seljuks were pushed away turn after turn. Moors get what they came to get. Byzantine empire was strugling, they were bankrupt, and at war with every single border that they had.

But what I will do with my armies that can't join jihad. Time to attack, Seljuks were busy in jihad. I launched invasion about turn 60. Armies started besieging same time, in Damascos, Aleppo, Caesarea and Iconium. They didn't have even a chance in this war, because their jihad, and Khwazerm was expanding in east. And Cumans from north. 13 turns later, it looks like this.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Eastern front.

Seljuks have only one settlement left, Trebizond. And they are my vassal. My other diplomatics are here.

There is also my family tree. Those two family member in middle are adopted. I had only one family member (my current Caliph) when I started invasion against Seljuks. That's why I have two non blood line guys too. I will try to restore power to old blood line, but I will probably not kill my current heir for this.

And has anyone ever seen that pope is some factions vassal? Byzzies are so awesome

My Caliph, and capital. No idea how he got all this authority, he just destroyed Crusaders states. Nothing more.

Holy lands.

My nice little vassal.

And my western front.

After beating Seljuks with my pretty fast war, I have no idea what to do next. I'm trying to make peace with catolichs, because I fear for crusade. Now they will come with brute mass, hoping that not all of them. Jerusalem and Cairo are ready, and I'm making surrounding settlements military buildings also so high as possible. Khwazerms are now my number one threat, trying to keep peace to mongol invasion. Then they will have some friends I don't really want to attack against Byzzies again, but they seems to be only choice. But do anyone have any ideas? My reputation is low after Seljuk war, so it's not a problem anymore. I will never get it back.

I'd be more scared of France attacking you considering they have a lot more settlements bordering yours unlike Hungary not counting Constantinople and such.
    I agree with you so I have cancelled my alliance and attacked France I gave Scotland my English provinces as I can't hold it and take France. I am now in control of majority of france. Downside is i am excommunicated and four French stacks reappeared from the crusade so it's gonna be fun

NO2EU
    UKIP Time for a change.

Infowars.com Wake up.

My Kievan Rus game, turn 90 or something. VH/VH. Novgorod, Teutonics and Seljuks are my allies (and have been my alllies for a lot of turns, I hope that lasts...) At war with Poland, Hungary and Mongols. Poland and Hungary have been attacking me for some time, and this really hurts my economy since a lot of it is based on trade which gets blocked by war.

After a brief ceasefire I jumped from almost negative to 6000 florins per turn, but that didn't last unfortunatly. They send full stacks at my settlements but I can handle them with militia. I captured Constantinople some 20 turns ago and it's pretty rich, but the most important part is that it somehow manages to produce awesome merchants that make almost a thousand florins per turn each. One of them is stuck in the city tho since the Hungarians are seiging it.

I declared war on the Mongols when it seemed that they would break trough Novgorod and grabbed a settlement. Now they're retreating for some reason and I have an army stationed in Novgorodian lands to help them defend from any further offensives. (and to make sure that if they betray me, I can do some damage quickly)

Mongol armies are a huge pain to defeat as they're vastly superior to my forces. Each battle caused at least 30% casualties. Any tips on killing them?

The rest of the map is somewhat interesting. The HRE is gone, replaced by Genoa which judging by recent events seems to be on the way to joining them in death. England and Byzantium just disappeared for unknown reasons (I don't think England was at war with Scotland at that time). Norway will soon destroy Denmark and Venice might destroy Sicily. The Reconquista has been completed, meaning that there are currently no Muslims in Europe. Mongols are progressing slowly, currently leaving a path of destruction trough Anatolia and Mesopotamia.

Current plans include taking some land from Hungary and Poland and keeping up the defense against the Mongols, maybe even taking more settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Alien Eel View Post
    After beating Seljuks with my pretty fast war, I have no idea what to do next. I'm trying to make peace with catolichs, because I fear for crusade. Now they will come with brute mass, hoping that not all of them. Jerusalem and Cairo are ready, and I'm making surrounding settlements military buildings also so high as possible. Khwazerms are now my number one threat, trying to keep peace to mongol invasion. Then they will have some friends I don't really want to attack against Byzzies again, but they seems to be only choice. But do anyone have any ideas? My reputation is low after Seljuk war, so it's not a problem anymore. I will never get it back.
    I would pay to get an alliance with Khwarez if you can. They would make a decent buffer for when the mongols arrive. If you aren't interested in fighting Byzantines, then I'd go after Sicily and expand across north Africa. Then you could go into Spain and basically be Moors 2.0 or maybe invade Italy.

Hungary has attacked. The world is at war.

And so it begins.

Hungary has attacked. The world is at war.

And so it begins.
    Total war in the most brutal form. Good luck

NO2EU
    UKIP Time for a change.

Infowars.com Wake up.