Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Re: Post your Empires!

nice map you should launch a most holy crusade into France and Spain to drive back the moorish juggernaut

The Moor always dominate Spain and the Hungarians always seem to roflstomp eastern Europe. I wonder why.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

My current polish campaign, blitzed Lithuania and took half of the Holy Romans in 2 turns thanks to a timely crusade. Currently secure on all of my borders. Any suggestions where I should go next since i can't decide.

since I can't seem to get the pic up il just say what it is. It stretches from Mensk and Riga to Cologne and I have most of Northen Germany under control aswell. Hungary its strong but has remained allied since the beginning of the game but is gaining more power as it takes over Greece and already has Constantinople. Novgorod swallowed up Kiev and the Cumans very quicky but is now being attacked by the Mongols and I suspect will be screwed in the next 50 turns. France is still in its starting position and is surrounded by the moors from the south and Scotland from the north. Turning out to be quite an interesting campaign especially since this is the first time ive seen Scotland destroy england
    Last edited by The Cole Train; October 25, 2011 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mars View Post
    nice map you should launch a most holy crusade into France and Spain to drive back the moorish juggernaut
    Working on that

On my newest campaign playing as England, I decided to try and bankroll the crusader states into a regional power (rather then letting them be crushed as they always do on their own).

Im on turn 75 now, but the hardest part was keeping them alive early on when I didnt have the money to help them much.
    I started by ordering a crusade to Antioch (which the CS had already lost by turn 15).
    After the crusade was called I waited about 8 turns before joining it (spending that time making Scotland my vassal).
    I waited because I wanted to make sure there were alot of Catholic armies in the area by the time I got there.
    This worked out as France ended up taking the city from the fatamids right as I was pulling up to Adana (the city directly NW of Antioch).
    So I took Adana from the Turks then traded it to France (my allies) for Antioch. This all but ensured the turks would goto war with them as well.

After that I took the city east of Antioch and Edessa east of that. After sitting on these territories for about 10 turns (the Turks were busy fighting the Romans), I gifted them to the CS and took my replenished army
    to seige Tortosa (which CS had lost to the fatamids).

By now I was able to call another crusade. Since CS had managed to hold on to Acre, Kerak and Jerusalem, I called it on Gaza.
    I was glad to see several of the previous crusader armies from the west (venician, HRE, Aragon) were still in the area, cause the fatamids were pissed off now.
    As soon as my army left Tortosa and landed near Gaza, a half dozen egyptian armies were moving into the area (probably 3 full stacks if they combined).
    I cant remember the last time I saw so many battles take place between 6 different countries over the span of 3 turns surrounding 1 city.
    It worked out perfectly for me as the HRE, Aragon, Venice and CS crusader armies canceled out all the fatamid stacks rolling in and I ended up seiging Gaza while it only had 3-4 units defending it hehe.

After that I turned all of it over to the CS and sailed home so my new king (Henry died back in London while Edward was crusading for like 20 years) could settle things down back in the UK.
    So, at turn 75, the CS now has a nice little Empire of Jerusalem, Acre, Kerak, Gaza, Tortosa, Antioch, Aleppo, Edessa, Nicosia and Alaquaba (the territory south of Kerak) and the fatamids are devastated
    with only the 3 territories in east Africa under their control.

I know Cairo and Alexandria are rich though so Ill have to crusade again soon to wipe them out before they can rebuild their armies.

Ill post an update in a few days.
    Last edited by Duck of Death; October 25, 2011 at 10:39 PM.

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

Makes me think of the time I had conquered the Fatamids and turks and all rebel settlements. I gave the holy land to CS since they were my allies... and we kicked ass into the Kwarzmenian-thingy empire and then the mongols
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011

Tyrael.'s Avatar Libertus

@Iceclaw nice campaign you have

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael. View Post
    @Iceclaw nice campaign you have
    Thank you! New update coming tomorrow hopefully.

Well I scrapped the early era Seljuk game and tried a late era one. It was a lot of fun holding off the mongols. I've now just started my invasion of the Balkans. Can't wait till I get Janissary heavy infantry.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

How come the units're red?

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Fotchimus View Post
    Well I scrapped the early era Seljuk game and tried a late era one. It was a lot of fun holding off the mongols. I've now just started my invasion of the Balkans. Can't wait till I get Janissary heavy infantry.

Nice work so far. I've never seen the portugese do so well ever before.

☩ THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND ☩

& The Colonies

THE GROWING PARANOIA
    ENGLAND, 1635
    Now that the war in the north has been dismissed, and England reigns over the old viking lands, Christendom turns to the fallen west.

The Moorish Caliphate slammed to a halt when they realized Norway had been reduced to Jutland. Their expansion had ceased, suspiciously. The Papal States lost their territories in Germany, sending them back behind the Alps. Most mysteriously, Poland, disappeared. Crippled under the weirght of the Caliphate, they buckled into dust. Settlements went rouge, and without response. Armies broke from each other, all terrified and without hope. England managed to occupy these fallen settlements from the long lost Poland. The Milanese managed to re-take Milan from the Moors, and The Grand Hungarian Empire remains sovereign over Russia, Asia Minor, The Holy Land, and the Far East- holding back the Timurid hordes. It wasn't until now that England gained Hungary's territory information. The Hungarian's had taken the northern coast of Africa. From Egypt too Marrakesh.

This terrified King Baldwin and the people of England. Realizing the expanse of Hungarian lands worried him as he was a young and new king. Spies and Emissaries that have traveled the known world inform him of the massive armies that trek the continent. The power of The Grand Hungarian Empire seemed larger than the Moorish Caliphate. England needed to gain more supremacy in Europe. Over the next 20 years Baldwin prepares England's finest for France.

WE SAIL FOR NORMANDY
    ENGLAND, 1650
    Normandy was taken back in the 1400s from the Moors by England. It served as a strike to gain a partial stand on the mainland to prevent further invasion on the southern English coast, for the meantime. A war did not develop as the Moors pleaded a ceasefire while they finished off France. Therefore, England gained Normandy without a fuss.

King Baldwin sails from Godwin Isle (Roskilde)to Normandy followed by two other veteran armies. Alfred, a loyal and strong general waits for the king in Normandy with his fresh army. All four build fortifications along the borders of Normandy.

In 1653 the king gives his generals the commands to set forth for the nearest Moorish settlement. It is an utmost splinter attack. Angers, Rennes, Paris, and Bruges fall one after the other. The Moorish Caliphate is largely stunned by this. They never suspected for England, who has been so neutral (except for the operation in Normandy) for this long to have launched a full invasion force. England had unleashed it's mightiest. England had shown it's true power, motivating what was left of Christendom the Moors weren't the end of Europe. Clermont is besieged and won in the year 1667.

The sack of these cities in such a short time was terrifying to the Sultan.

The Moors + Hungary contend for the southern coast while England marches through France gaining Clermont, Dijon, Rheimes, and Antwerp.

THE ANGLO EXPANSE
    ENGLAND, 1670
    The Moors show almost zero resistance to the English invasion forces. This was the perfect time for Balswin to strike. The Moors already had Hungarian + Milanese swords stuck in them. England ate away most of France, leaving none but Bordeaux, Lyon, and the rest of Iberia under Moorish control. Lyon and Bordeaux quickly fall.

With the northern regions secured of any Moorish armies, England focuses on pushing through the Pyrenees. Two mercenary armies are sent to Leon and Burgos, while two royal armies take Zaragossa and Pamplona. Hungary takes Valencia, Cordoba, Seville, and due to a Crusade, Toledo- the Moorish Capital. General Alfred and his army wraps around the western coast. Each city and castle falls swiftly and with ease. In 1695 Granada, the last Moorish settlement in Iberia, is burned and it's people slaughtered. And with this glory, Baldwin leads his army to another great victory near Lyon against the betrayer Milan- where he dies in battle upon his white stallion.

England now stretches from Lisbon to London, and from London to Lithuania. These new lands along the European coast are now called the 'Anglo Expanse' due to it's length and prolixity. Most of France, all of Scandinavia, Britannia, and shares Iberia with The Grand Hungarian Empire.

England sails to Sardinia, Palermo, and Syracuse where the last remnants of the once mighty Moorish Caliphate stand worthless. in 1701 England defeats the Moorish Caliphate that was once thought to be the bane of Christendom. †

Pictures

King Baldwin rides to his last glorious battle against the traitorous Milanese.

Iberia

THE WORLD, 1700

Europe remains the feudal world and the sword is still the prime weapon.

Has Europe met peace? Now that the Muslim world is dead, what is next? Prosperity? The race for a new world? Will Europe remain dormant or are the bonds that were forged long ago ready bust?

The glorious England can only be aware of the worst. What may happen in the future will shake the very foundations of Christendom.
    Last edited by Iceclaw; November 03, 2011 at 09:39 PM.

+ rep good lord that's the most epic empire I have ever seen posted!

I've never played a campaign this dramatic. Ever.

I just played some more tonight, and my relationship with my long time ally Hungary just fell to 'Poor'.
    NOT GOOD considering its pretty much just us and a few small factions. I'll have to through a couple thousand florins at them to make them happy again or it's gunna get rough real fast.

The Source's Avatar Senator

you should defs take on hungary with capturing their roman, Levant, and northern Egyptian regions

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Here is my English Empire, Late era, VH/VH. No adopting, no accepting marriage proposals so to keep my family name Plantagenet intact, and the only royal name. Faction heirs must marry foreign princesses.

I started by taking on the Scottish, who were finally defeated when I captured Bruges from them (they captured it, oddly). Meanwhile I had ensured marriage alliances with the Holy Roman Empire and France.

Then a crusade was called on Toulouse, which was in Moorish hands. I joined and captured it. As well as Marseille from the Genoese. Having established myself on the British Isles and southern France I started building armies, knowing that soon my allies would go to war.

They did, and I sided with the Germans. I quickly attacked France and took their settlements while the Germans kept them occupied. When I had only just finished them off Aragon besieged Toulouse and captured it. Now I got my veteran armies from the conquest of France south and invaded. Meanwhile I also invaded Italy taking Genoa, Milan and Venice (crusade). I had in the meantime also arranged for a marriage alliance with Denmark.

I had invaded Iberia, where the Moors were going on a rampage, they had driven back the Portuguese, Castile had only two settlement left, and Aragon snatched a few others. I got excommunicated a few times by attacking France, Genoa and Aragon, but didn't really care.

Norway attacked Nottingham once, and I decided to get revenge, they are still alive however, hiding in Sweden. The HRE attacked Denmark, which I sided with. And before long I was at war with the HRE too. I do think however that I will win eventually, as they don't really pose a challenge.

My King, Arthur, the son of King Edward.

The late King Edward's brother, Edmund. Been a great general, though is old now. He died the next turn, just after the conquest of Iberia was complete.
    Current status, have already got 50 regions, just don't have Jerusalem yet. Will get there after I have finished of the Moors, and then invade through north Africa.

Currently playing as the Kingdom of Denmark, SS 6.4 H/H BGR II.

I have attached pics sorry don't know how to insert yet. but I have secured all of the netherlands and So i didn't have to wipe the Norwegians out I called a crusade of Granada and also took Murcia while I was at it and then gifted them to Norway before taking their homelands.... that should mix things up a little.

You might also notice the Geonese have taken the Crimea. That one threw me. Also has anyone see the Papal states actually join a crusade its a first me.
    Last edited by gaiusjulii; November 04, 2011 at 12:23 PM.
    UKIP Time for a change.

Infowars.com Wake up.

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

Norway is going on vacation...
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011

And Genoa possesses Caffa (Crimea) when starting a new campaign, so it's rather impressive by the real Genoese to apparently have captured the region during that time.

Enarec's Avatar Senator

@Iceclaw: Still a very interesting campaign, hoping for a showoff between England the Hungary now. Good luck!

@el Cid: Good progress in your campaign. Looks like the Mongols will get to Jerusalem before you, though

@gaiusjulii: Genoa taking Caffa is indeed odd. And yeah, I have seen the Papal States join a crusade many times actually.