Page 10 of 167 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Acroneoss's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Hello I am new here!

Jynx's Avatar Decanus

Nice empires! i havent tried vh yet
    80 years is simply not enough to enjoy all of the fun in the world, and out of it...

How long do you need for your empires?

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Acroneos View Post
    How long do you need for your empires?
    That really depends on which faction you are playing with. With for example England or Venice it is really easy to form a solid empire in about 40/50 years because you already have a good starting point. With smaller factions like the Templars it takes much longer because you do not start with a good economy nor military.
    It looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast...

I mean real time.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Babagitta View Post
    SS6.1 (h/h)
    Just finished my Irish campaign. That was fun.
    Not exactly an Empire but a Confederacy. France, Poland and Norway were faithful friends from the beginning and that was my first plan: do not attack an ally!

And here's the final situation

So why did you leave Poland alone and surround them instead of wasting them? Same with the two provences that Spain holds lol. And Perhaps take out the moores since they have one provance left? I would like to see all green! lol But great job, plus rep 4 u!

Bacon!'s Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by strife1013 View Post
    So why did you leave Poland alone and surround them instead of wasting them? Same with the two provences that Spain holds lol. And Perhaps take out the moores since they have one provance left? I would like to see all green! lol But great job, plus rep 4 u!
    vassals perhaps?
    Soylent Green is people!!!

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

I was kinda thinking the samething till I read what he wrote after I wrote my comment. lol

"SS6.1 (h/h)
    Just finished my Irish campaign. That was fun.
    Not exactly an Empire but a Confederacy. France, Poland and Norway were faithful friends from the beginning and that was my first plan: do not attack an ally!"

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

3rd update
    early era lithuania campaign, vh/vh
    after relocating completely from Vilnius to Nuremburg in the heart of the HRE

10 more turns, now sitting at turn 61 in the year 1170AD

Recently destroyed factions include France, Aragon, Leon-Castile, Norway, and Hungary.

Fortresses in Pamplona, Bran, and Oslo powered our pushes in each direction, and the English finally pissed us off enough to cross the canal and take Winchester and London(currently sieging Nottingham, too). The Byzantines are really pushing their luck existing so close to our big armies who just finished off the Hungarians... Well, we'll hold onto that marriage alliance for a few more turns at least, while warring with the Moors and England.

Capturing the whole of Italy has provided us with 2 more fortresses, and a push into northern africa is imminent; currently ferrying 2 armies from the boot to Tunis.

Paganism is spreading quickly, with priests all over the moslem, orthodox, and catholic borders. Lisbon, Al-Mahdiya, Thessaloniki, Bucharest, Toledo, Syracuse, and Eikundarsund all revolted after filling their lands with pagan priests. This religion thing works great!

England is relatively weak, but Scotland is not. The Moors will take a long, long time to conquer, but Sicily should be quick since we've already destroyed their main armies. We still hold marriage alliances with the trusted Poland and shifty Byzantines.

Turn 61, we have 72 regions, 224 battle victories, 2.5x as many troops as the nearest competitor(kwarezm), and over 30k profit each turn.

THIS GAME IS OVER, wheee.

An aside note: Long ago we forced the HRE to completely relocated to Cairo after their crusade by taking all their European holdings... but look at them now! Controlling all of Egypt! Pretty slick, no big surprise though, they control 2 castles down there, and their units are vastly superior to the Fatimids.

Aside #2: The Knights Templar seem... uh... retarded. They have about the same size military force as the Turks, but never really bring anyone to fight in battles. For instance: They have 4 full-stack armies between Jerusalem and Antioch, but when trying to capture Aleppo(right next to antioch...) they only bring 3 little units. It's no surprise with this tactic they're getting steamrolled, already losing Adana, Aleppo, Edessa, Damascus, and Quarisa to the Turks.
    Last edited by shenryyr; May 25, 2008 at 09:57 PM.
    my other horse is a space ship

MORBIDYAM's Avatar Semisalis

thats alot of conquest in 61 turns, my first 30 turns generally recuperating after I move somewhere, the next 30 are building up to start conquest, you must have moved at a very fast pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    he don't download my mod and say that there are stuff from DLV and BC maybe he Nostradamus
    tAnGeRiNeS fOr ThOuGhT? i ThInK NOT!

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by MORBIDYAM View Post
    thats alot of conquest in 61 turns, my first 30 turns generally recuperating after I move somewhere, the next 30 are building up to start conquest, you must have moved at a very fast pace.
    Always do. Never build anything unless I have to.

Lithuania's got unique benefits for this tactic because building a cheap thing like an Altar gives instant access to good military units.

KK was pulling his hair trying to slow me down during beta testing.

There really needs to be ways to make very hard mean that.
    my other horse is a space ship

MORBIDYAM's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah I agree I've done that as Ireland once, just immediately started attacking and managed to conquer Britain, France and Iberia very quickly. I just want a submod that make the ai insanely aggressive without failing miserably at defense (I guess everyone does though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    he don't download my mod and say that there are stuff from DLV and BC maybe he Nostradamus
    tAnGeRiNeS fOr ThOuGhT? i ThInK NOT!

What battle map is this?

Babagitta's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon! View Post
    vassals perhaps?
    Oh no. Read carefully my first post.
    In that campaign I never attacked an ally. That was my plan from the beginning. It was a great challenge.

Alliances in SS6.1 are very very strong and I believe it's not so fair.
    Usually, I'm attacking everyone, specially my allies because they trust me. So, cities and castles with 2 units inside are easy targets.

I want to give AI a chance and a good reason to trust me for real.

That's all. I stoped right there because I finished my mission (70 regions and Jerusalem). Now I'm looking for something new.

Heaven has a charismatic Writer now

Erlinggra's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by gewehr36 View Post
    What battle map is this?
    I was wondering the same thing

Jynx's Avatar Decanus

Lol Shenyrr, u'll soon be conquering your homelands!
    80 years is simply not enough to enjoy all of the fun in the world, and out of it...

Same here, looks rather sweet.. But the SS map is kick-butt too!!

i know that comment about sacking Jerusalem and destroying all o fthe buildings was at the start of this thread, but when i was as Egypt, i did the same to rome, just took one boat there, with siege engins, took the city, and was gone befor the main stack could even try and defend it.
    i did lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftehh View Post
    Same here, looks rather sweet.. But the SS map is kick-butt too!!
    I found out that it's the MundusInvictus map, but I don't know how to get it to work with SS.

Jynx's Avatar Decanus

Hay Shenryyr, can u post the Territory Timeline?