Page 1 of 167 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empires!

Default Post your Empires!

I would like to start a thread where everyone can post their empires
    I've started a campaign with the Republic of Venice.
    I'm in turn 63 or something.
    I've been on war with Genoa for quite some time, but I'm about to break their back now. I've also had Jerusalem and Cairo, but I had to abandon them because of some difficulties with reinforcing armies.

The Fourth Age: Total War - Map Manager, Editor and Coder

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by Tittils View Post
    I've been on war with Genoa for quite some time, but I'm about to break their back now. I've also had Jerusalem and Cairo, but I had to abandon them because of some difficulties with reinforcing armies.
    I know what you mean with that, I took Jerusalem and I'm getting spammed with full egyptian stacks, in addition to the other full stacks because they decided to call a jihad on my ass.. My general got 10 stars or something by defending that settlement...

Yeah, I know. So I decided to destroy all buildings in Jerusalem for a good amount of cash and sent my 8-star general home

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

Playing as Venice(vh/vh), the year is 1113, turn 23. I am at war with the Byzantine Empire. Stolen Bologna and Innsbruck from the Holy Roman Empire, ceasefired with them.

Yeah, I know. So I decided to destroy all buildings in Jerusalem for a good amount of cash and sent my 8-star general home
    Lol good idea, destroying the buildings, didn't think of that.

I did not want the infidels to take advantage of my resources Hehe

Iustinianos: Nice campaign. You must have a pretty good economy now?

Hehe, I gave destroyed jerusalem to kwarezmiam in trade for them attacking egypt and an alliance

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

I did not want the infidels to take advantage of my resources Hehe

Iustinianos: Nice campaign. You must have a pretty good economy now?
    Well, actually at the time of this screenshot my economy was in red. I was fighting a war against the ten times stronger Byzantine Empire and was losing settlements, however after I lost Iraklion, Athens and Durazzo I called a crusade against Jerusalem. Doing this enabled my faction leader to hire a lot of crusader mercenaries and advance very fast because of the increased movement points. So right now I conquered Durazzo, Corinth, Athens, Thessalonica and Adrianople with my crusader doge . Money is still pretty tight though, around 3.000 per turn...

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Iustinianos View Post
    Well, actually at the time of this screenshot my economy was in red. I was fighting a war against the ten times stronger Byzantine Empire and was losing settlements, however after I lost Iraklion, Athens and Durazzo I called a crusade against Jerusalem. Doing this enabled my faction leader to hire a lot of crusader mercenaries and advance very fast because of the increased movement points. So right now I conquered Durazzo, Corinth, Athens, Thessalonica and Adrianople with my crusader doge . Money is still pretty tight though, around 3.000 per turn...
    Bloody Venetians. Always calling crusades in the Holy Land and "accidentally" conquering everything in between instead!

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Icon1 Re: Post your Empires!

Here is my Hungarian Kingdom anno Domini 1110.

Western part of the kingdom:

By powerwizard at 2008-04-23

Eastern part of the kingdom:

Prince Kálmán on crusade:

Diplomatic info:

My plan was to establish a solid empire, but not to go nuts. I decided to slowly build up (this way the game will be much more balanced and also tough) and go for the reputation. For these goals I do certain things:

1. Bind as many alliances as possible. This also keeps my borders pretty safe.

2. Avoid war with Catholic factions.

3. Be noble. Occupy, release.

4. Plan conquest carefully. I am not allied with the Byzantines, which creates a nice opportunity later on to expand my empire to the south-east. I don't intend to harass the Kievians, as they will be a nice little buffer-state when the Mongols arrive.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; April 23, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

The screenies are great. The campaign map is so beautiful....

Quote Originally Posted by Iustinianos View Post
    Playing as Venice(vh/vh), the year is 1113, turn 23. I am at war with the Byzantine Empire. Stolen Bologna and Innsbruck from the Holy Roman Empire, ceasefired with them.

I can never get those dmn germans to give me a ceasefire after i take Bologna.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Quixote's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    Here is my Hungarian Kingdom anno Domini 1110.

Diplomatic info:

My plan was to establish a solid empire, but not to go nuts. I decided to slowly build up (this way the game will be much more balanced and also tough) and go for the reputation. For these goals I do certain things:

1. Bind as many alliances as possible. This also keeps my borders pretty safe.

2. Avoid war with Catholic factions.

3. Be noble. Occupy, release.

4. Plan conquest carefully. I am not allied with the Byzantines, which creates a nice opportunity later on to expand my empire to the south-east. I don't intend to harass the Kievians, as they will be a nice little buffer-state when the Mongols arrive.

So how did you get so many alliances? For some reason everyone wants something I cannot afford to give!!
    One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this.
    -Don Quixote

[quote=PowerWizard;2966040

4. Plan conquest carefully. I am not allied with the Byzantines, which creates a nice opportunity later on to expand my empire to the south-east. I don't intend to harass the Kievians, as they will be a nice little buffer-state when the Mongols arrive.[/quote]

Well thought out there PowerWizard, i like your approach.
    but dont you think the Cumans will be that buffer in 6.0?
    I certainly hope the mongols wont skip them on their way westwards?

Indefinitely Banned

Nice empires, guys. I'm installing soon so I can post mine!

My own rule is nomore than 2 alliances.

My VH/VH Early Era Campaign with Denmark. I went for a very conservative start and i am surprised at my extremely poor income as it is now which is 1,500 florins a turn roughly with 11 cities and 2 castles.

The plan now is to go and take the British Isles before pushing south into northern France and maybe the Iberian Peninsula.

I'm relatively new to the game also so i may be doing this all wrong

Icon1 Re: Post your Empires!

Quote Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
    So how did you get so many alliances? For some reason everyone wants something I cannot afford to give!!
    Start making alliances in the very beginning, when your reputation is still "mixed" (which means actually neutral), and you haven't done anything nasty, like eliminating a whole faction or exterminating a city, and still everybody trusts you, so willing to have an alliance with you. If you choose the "whoaaa let's conquer everything in our way" method, and exterminate/execute too many times, you'll soon be regarded as untrustworthy, and offering an alliance will be "very demanding" for nearly all factions. Thus you'll have to fight and conquer more to be safe from your neighbors, which worsens your reputation again, which means more wars.... etc.

If you wanna the catch the 'positive' flow of the game (which is also much more realistic, historically accurate), you'll have to rush out in the very first few turns for the rebel territories, meanwhile getting as many alliances as you can. After a few new territories you're ready to settle down, and whamm you got yourself a death-proof automobile, err... sorry a death-proof empire, with allied neighbors. You can still make some bloody adventures in the Holy Land. That's what I chose to do for my current campaign, and works perfectly.

Every turn you make with an alliance improves your reputation to 1 (immaculate, the perfect rep) from 0 (mixed, neutral rep) with a divisor of 400, so adds 0.0025 points. If you have 4 alliances you get 0.01 point each turn, which is 0.1 points at every 10 turns, pretty slow, but steady development.

For more rep info, read this:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Reputation-M2TW
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; April 23, 2008 at 10:23 AM.

Hunnis's Avatar Semisalis

PowerWizard

nice where can I change the names of the citys?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnis View Post
    PowerWizard

nice where can I change the names of the citys?
    Once you control a settlement, double ckick on it to bring up the settlement window.
    At the top of the window where the settlement name is, highlight it and then type in anything you want. It will change on the campaign map as well.

shenryyr's Avatar Semisalis

here's a few I've played. the first one was fun, playing as the fatimids, we completely relocated to Rome to start a new moslem world in the seat of christianity.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

my other horse is a space ship