Thread: Post your Empires!

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Post your Empires!

Download the free version of FRAPS and use that to take screenshots. All you will have to do then is convert the pictures to .jpg

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The best option is to press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard, usually in the top right quarter. And then Alt+Tab out of the game, open Paint and press Ctrl+V (or open the edit menu and click on paste, whichever way you prefer). And then simply save the file and upload it to some image hosting site like Imgur.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

if your a muslim faction and invade italy... well then have fun with the pope...

Someone called a Crusade on Mongolian Constantinople (Freaking Hungarian jackwagons)

Got the "Mongols are about to win message" two turns ago. I'm forgoing the crusade (Bribe the Pope later) and instead going to take Britain and hopefully France will get excommunicated again and I will invade them too.
    Mongols control Constantinople and Jerusalem and are marching on Mecca. Kiev is a Vassal of Novgorod and are being protected and the mongols seem to be heading to Greece and South Arabia. Sicilians allied with me once they declared war on the Fatimid. Downside is that if I don't start building either a huge empire or a large treasury. I'm going to be overrun eventually. Iberian colors are Gold and Purple (Like the Lion and the Castle on the Banner), oh and I killed off the ERE . I have a stupidly powerful navy, as per Spanish tradition and pretty much will blockade the entirety of England. HRE broke vassalage with Venice and warred on them (they keep walking through my territory but its cool so long as they maul Venice). And the scent of betrayal is in the air as Denmark declared war on Poland . orway shockingly broke their alliance with Poland instead of Denmark, so the French are getting a break. Seen a bunch of movement near Pamplona so I moved a bunch of men to the Citadel there. Also figured out that the French probably killed off Aragon. They have a stupid amount of high-power assassins.

Only 8 battles lost? how? I only fight where I can win, or hide in settlements . Plus I fight LOTS of naval battles lol. I think they make up at least half.

I had to cut this campaign short because of an end turn CTD I couldn't find a way around. As usual it seems like the TO has something to do with it...

Anyways, here is the end result of 175 turns in S.S. 6.4, with Savage AI, RBAI, Settlement Tweaks, and the difficulty of VH/VH.

Map progression:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Top three armies:

Overviews:

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbin_Megroin View Post
    I had to cut this campaign short because of an end turn CTD I couldn't find a way around. As usual it seems like the TO has something to do with it...

Anyways, here is the end result of 175 turns in S.S. 6.4, with Savage AI, RBAI, Settlement Tweaks, and the difficulty of VH/VH.

Map progression:

Top three armies:

Overviews:

You may have won, but you are on the verge of financial collapse lol. What happens when you conquer the world. You go broke.

Heh yeah, I was gonna cut back on the construction until I took more territories. I also could've raised the taxes (every city was set to low) but it's a pain to have to monitor 61 cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbin_Megroin View Post
    Heh yeah, I was gonna cut back on the construction until I took more territories. I also could've raised the taxes (every city was set to low) but it's a pain to have to monitor 61 cities.
    That's why I quit my HRE game. Way too much too manage and no big enemies. Everyone destroyed themselves. At least in this one I get to fight hordes and hordes and hordes of Mongols.
    Also about your CTD, the issue with mine is something in the rebel script, but I have found that if you quicksave (CTRL + S) on the papacy's turn that it won't do it. Note that you need to continue doing it until you get the save message. So I would quicksave right before the TO's turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldgarkalaughskel View Post
    Start making alliances in the very beginning, when your reputation is still "mixed" (which means actually neutral), and you haven't done anything nasty, like eliminating a whole faction or exterminating a city, and still everybody trusts you, so willing to have an alliance with you. If you choose the "whoaaa let's conquer everything in our way" method, and exterminate/execute too many times, you'll soon be regarded as untrustworthy, and offering an alliance will be "very demanding" for nearly all factions. Thus you'll have to fight and conquer more to be safe from your neighbors, which worsens your reputation again, which means more wars.... etc.

If you wanna the catch the 'positive' flow of the game (which is also much more realistic, historically accurate), you'll have to rush out in the very first few turns for the rebel territories, meanwhile getting as many alliances as you can. After a few new territories you're ready to settle down, and whamm you got yourself a death-proof automobile, err... sorry a death-proof empire, with allied neighbors. You can still make some bloody adventures in the Holy Land. That's what I chose to do for my current campaign, and works perfectly.

Every turn you make with an alliance improves your reputation to 1 (immaculate, the perfect rep) from 0 (mixed, neutral rep) with a divisor of 400, so adds 0.0025 points. If you have 4 alliances you get 0.01 point each turn, which is 0.1 points at every 10 turns, pretty slow, but steady development.

For more rep info, read this:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Reputation-M2TW
    Don't forget the spies. Spies get caught or seen makes your rep go down big time. Also being friendly with the enemies of your allies doesn't help either.
    Last edited by Vaðarholmr; July 06, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

Who am I? VH/VH, no BGR, 2TPY

Aragon, of course =P
    It's been a very hard campaign so far and I've actually lost (Fatimids won the campaign a while ago, I was even their vassal for several turns when things looked like I was going to die to the Portugese). Most of my time was spent trying to conquer England, but the Pope and the fact that the armies that worked so well against France were completely useless against english longbow and heavy cav spam made it very difficult. My first invasion failed but the second one didn't, though it did take about 50 turns. I tried to vassal them but they betrayed me on the same turn =(

During the conquest of England, Sicily attacked me and everything went to hell. The moors had been destroyed for a while (I took their last settlement in Africa, but the Portugese had most of the rest since I concentrated on western France) and the other Iberian factions decided to declare war. I was holding on for dear life and winning heroic victory after heroic victory with militia against elite troops. One of my generals even stopped an entire 10 stack invasion of my african holdings by guarding a single bridge, sometimes against assaults from both sides. Eventually my armies from Britain arrived and I invaded Lisbon, taking it and then attacking Leon-Castille from there untill I killed their last king with some javelins. Now I'm mopping up their last settlement (it's rebel and has a full stack in it so I'm waiting it out). After that Portugal was out of stacks and I simply took all their settlements except for Cordoba and then I made them my vassal.

Genoa has been my faithful ally for most of the game and we've stood along with my vassal Scotland and their vassal France against the rest of the world for a very long time. The Pope tried to break us apart but he was unsuccessful. Eventually I got excommed and got into a war against the pope but two max level assassins handled that. They then contined handling it until all the enemy cardinals were dead and we could get a friendly pope. The new genoese pope has me at full favour now, up from 1 cross when he was from Sicily =P

Now we're looking east at the threat in the Fatimids and Kwarezmian Empire. We held them at the gates of Vienna but they managed to punch trough with a Jihad and now their stacks are all over Europe. I've launched a crusade at Riga and am planning to reach it with several armies and provide support for my allies from the north. Fatimids are another story, but I have a cunning plan =D

I'll land three stacks at Damietta in the Nile delta, two of them will be mostly Basque archers and some spearmen and the last will be a siege army to take the fortress. Then I'll sit there at the two bridges and kill any enemy stack that attacks while the siege stack raids their coastal settlements and destroys their economy. Hopefully. I just hope that my allies can hold until I can put my plans into action...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0015.jpg  
    Last edited by Rakoua; July 16, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

I would say Egypt
    The description Last of the Romans (Ultimus Romanorum) has historically been given to any man thought to embody the values of Ancient Roman civilization —values which, by implication, became extinct on his death. It has been used to describe a number of individuals.
    Flavius Belisarius (505?–565), one of the greatest generals of the Byzantine Empire and one of the most acclaimed generals in history. He was also the only Byzantine general to be granted a Roman Triumph.

wow i've never seen the kwarezemian expand that much...scary....they might survive the mongols in this campaign.

Domesticus
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbin_Megroin
    I know I'm very much late but I would just like to point out that your save might still be saved. It's been a long, long time since I last played SS so I can't remember the exact command but you can destroy the TO faction via the M2TW console. I recall that fixed one game for me in the past, at least until I stumbled upon the next CTD issue.

Moors, H/H, Savage AI, RR and BYGR (the easier one)

My Unconquista is making good progress. I have allied myself with France, and Aragon offered a ceasefire very early on in the game (they are at war as of recently, so that will be interesting to see how it plays out). Up until about turn 21 there was a stalemate, I had captured Seville but that was it. I was besieging Silves, Toledo and Salamanca. I captured Silves successfully, lost dreadfully at Salamanca (learned my lesson to never siege assault with lots of light infantry! it was carnage). More stalemate for about 5 turns while I besieged Toledo then something amazing happened.

First, a Castillian army came down from the mountains and defeated my besieging force outside Toledo. My army retreated back into Moorish territory. As that happened, the championing Spanish army recuperated in Toledo while another, quite large I might add, Castillian army was making leeway towards my territory. It looked liked it was heading straight for Cordoba, so I hastily gathered troops from allover Andalusia to try and muster some sort of defence as all my other armies were engaged in Portugal and Seville. Just before the Castilians crossed the river into my territory, they ALL turned rebel As a result, the other army in Toledo came out to deal with them and the 2 armies then slaughtered each other.

I spent a spy to successfully infiltrate Toledo, and there was naught but 3 weakened units left in them. The patchwork army I had assembled in Andalusia then marched to the gates of Toledo which were duly opened thanks to my spy. They walked straight in and captured it with minimal casualties! After this happened, I spent my spy - along with a new one - to Burgos. In the meantime, Portugal offered a ceasfire which I accepted. I kept the Castillians busy in Seville/Salamanca and snuck an army around the mountains to Burgos. Thanks to my spy network there the gates were wide open and the castle lightly defended, I took with absolute ease.

The same thing basically happened AGAIN in their capital, Leon, which I have just captured. They have been holing up most of their troops in Salamanca and why I have no idea. The Portugese in the meantime have redeclared war and are currently besieging Silves, and to be honest it looks like they might retake it as I have 2 armies outside Salamanca just about to deliver the final blow to the Kingdom of Castile, unable to come to the aid of the Emir of Silves. (though I got my first CTD JUST as I started the battle outside Salamanca )

Genoa randomly declared war on me sometime ago but they are too busy being eaten up by Venice and Aragon to do anything, so in the meantime I took Corsica/Ajaccio from them lol. I took it with just troops and a captain. I tried sending over a governor and some imams but a Genoese fleet snuck all my ships before they could arrive.

Also looks like the Romans are going to die a pre-mature death! Really fun campaign so far (really really hope there's no more CTDs), but I'm starting to worry a little bit. As the turns go on and we delve later and later into the eras I fear my light infantry and cavalry will be no match for the professional armies of Europe. We'll see though I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.JPG   kingdoms 2014-07-29 20-33-40-28.jpg  

Second pic shows the whole campaign map. Also that super spy I had has died I sent him to Oporto hoping he could pull more of that magic, and despite having a 71% chance of succeeding, he was killed. I had considered re-loading but fair is fair!

Hm. My Prt Sc button is not working, any suggestions on how to fix? It screenshots either my desktop or whatever program is open behind the game. At least, that is what it shows when I copy paste onto paint. I'd like to log my Rum campaign here.

Edit: I'm bad and can't read the page before/top of this page ><.

My Rum Campaign also shattered due to unrest and "allies" grabbing the majority of my settlements before I could. Got Dow'd shortly after by the bigger "ally" and that was that.
    Last edited by Zanze; August 04, 2014 at 10:12 AM.

Here's my campaign as the Crusader States. I originally tried to ally with the Fatimids but they refused and invaded me, besieging Jerusalem. After I fought them off I took Gaza and from then on their main target was Jerusalem, and they lost every time they besieged it. After I took Kerak and Al Aqaba, the war had turned in my favour. I took all of their territories south of Kerak, and I was slowly pushing into the west. I made alliances with as many catholics I could, aswell as the Byzantines (although I regrettably chose the Hungarians over the byzantines when they attacked eachother). I was having trouble with Cairo, so I made my relations with the Pope perfect and called a Crusade. I joined instantly and marched towards Cairo, to find a Sicillian army there (one of my closet allies) and we besieged it together, they then ventured back to their north african colonies in the west. From then on the fatimids stood no chance and I quickly ended the war.

After that happened, my intentions were to improve my economy and then invade turkey, but of course the byzantines were already there so I rushed in and took whatever provinces I could, which weren't a lot. I am allied with the Khwarzemian empire, and hopefully we can fight off the Mongols when they come through the combined power of the byzantines, khwarzemians and crusaders (if the byzantines don't attack me first).

As I have nowhere to expand aside from into Byzantine territory, which would probably be suicide and I doubt the Khwarzemians would take my side, I have decided to put together a powerful army and a strong navy and launch an attack against the moors, as they are expanding rapidly throughout Europe and I'd rather not lose half of my catholic allies to them. My plan against the Moors is to:

Take over a city/castle important to their empire, which should at least slow them. When I no longer need it and I am constructing better ships at home, I can split up my fleet and blockade as many of their fleets as possible, which will probably last for a turn or two if they have a decent navy. My relations with the papacy (and the pope is one of my past cardinals) are outstanding or perfect, so I can also get a Crusade called against the Moors. If it goes badly, I have the Sicillians as a wall against the Moors until I am ready to take them head on.

Update: Byzantines have marched into my territory. If they're not just passing through then my fleet intended to attack the Moors will be heading for Constantinople.

Hmm,, does your faction name change when you get really big? The Iberian Empire,, or do you change the name yourself?

Not only is the Unconquista complete I have branched out into southern France. Earlier on I sold Ajaccio to the Venetians which I now regret, theyre looking to be the 2nd (1st?) strongest power this side of the Mediterranean. Tensions are cold between us but I think Im going to buy them off so I can deal with Sicily. I'm assembling several armies at the moment, within a few turns I think I'll be ready to land on the shores of southern Italy. Once I've conquered them it's time for an all-out two front (maybe even 3, seeing as they control a good swathe of the Balkans!) war against Venice, then, Rome Cant wait to turn Rome into a huge Moorish fortress.

After that I think Im going to go for Greece and general Balkans area. I kind of wanted to go for Paris and the western coast of France, particularly tempting as they are broke and weak, but they are my allies so no (for now). Also tempted to expand eastwards into Africa but the Fatimids are also my allies and I feel they could be potentially useful. I dont know though. The Italian peninsula is my priority in either case. In general, I want to control the whole Mediterranean, think of the early Roman empire except medieval, African and Muslim This will take a lot of time though. Also randomly founded a master Hashashims guild in Palma so Im now pumping out x2 Hashashim every 5 turns! Cant wait to tear up some Sicilian knights with these guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.JPG  

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Your images are easier to view if you host them on imgur or whatever instead of using it as an attachment