Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iberia Total War Gold Edition: bugs

Default Iberia Total War Gold Edition: bugs

Please, report here the main bugs (CTD mainly) of the ITW Gold Edition.

It would be very helpful if you could give us information about the exact moment of the CTD, the situation of the campaign and/or battle and the previous movements. Also some tests about the reproducibility of the CTD would be very appreciated.

Please, post here the saved games (campaigns) just before the CTD if possible.

Thanks for helping us to improve ITW.
    Last edited by Monkwarrior; April 22, 2008 at 07:12 PM.

Default Re: Iberia Total War Gold Edition: bugs

Everything works fine (cool menu btw) until want to start a campaign when I got a CTD just after having loaded this...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Do not hate a weak child, it may be the son of a tiger.

Indefinitely Banned

First of all, congratulations, ITW Gold looks and feels incredible! I've just fought an epic battle as the Romans in the main campaign (as the rebels sallied out from being besieged in the settlement just north of Rome). It was a real slug-fest and went it the full 45 minutes - lol. I can see I'm going to have to work hard for my victories here.

I thought that you would like some feedback on two minor points.

1. At the start of the campaign, the advisor appears and the text would show briefly, but disappear too quickly to read. Sometimes it was possible to get it back up to read, and sometimes not.

2. The Roman Funditores had the archers "thrumming" sound effect of arrows being loosed, as well as the proper "whooshing" of stones being thrown.

I thought ITW 1.5 was good, but your Gold edition takes it to new heights.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukosart View Post
    Everything works fine (cool menu btw) until want to start a campaign when I got a CTD just after having loaded this...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I really don't know what is happening in your case. It is the fist time somebody reports a problem loading the campaign.

Was you able to play at least a custom battle? If not this means that your installation is corrupted in some point.

My only advice at the moment is: uninstall and install the mod again following step by step the installation instructions. Before reinstalling, just check if you installation of RTW 1.5 is fully functional and there is no other mod in it (at least no other mod that substitute the original files.:hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Monkwarrior View Post
    I really don't know what is happening in your case. It is the fist time somebody reports a problem loading the campaign.

Was you able to play at least a custom battle? If not this means that your installation is corrupted in some point.

My only advice at the moment is: uninstall and install the mod again following step by step the installation instructions. Before reinstalling, just check if you installation of RTW 1.5 is fully functional and there is no other mod in it (at least no other mod that substitute the original files.:hmmm:
    Ill try to reinstall everything, thanks

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

it works fine in my pc Seleukosart. so far so good (i play with the Greek cities).

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

The Ba'al Parash l-Shapan don't actually fire any missiles. You can hear the sound but there is nothing being fired.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Ok have a problem, I followed the Instalation instructions in the guide,but the short cut says missing path when I hit it,and brings up the browser box?...do I need to give the short cut a new path?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatus Boyus View Post
    Ok have a problem, I followed the Instalation instructions in the guide,but the short cut says missing path when I hit it,and brings up the browser box?...do I need to give the short cut a new path?
    You probably didn't delete correctly the "Rome - Total War" that appears at the end when browsing the installation path (I don't know why it makes this, it must be a bug of NSIS).

In such case the mod won't be properly installed and my advice is uninstalling and reinstalling, looking carefully at that step.

Thusnelda's Avatar Laetus

First of all: Many thanx for this great MOD!!!
    I have a problem with my saved games though...once I quit the game and return to desktop all my saved games are gone. The continue campaign is 'greyed' and the load game log is empty. I looked in the the 'saves' folder in the game directory - the saved games are there...but ingame they are not available.

Does anybody else have that problem? (I played the romans imperial campaign) Maybe I did a mistake when installing the mod?:hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post
    I have a problem with my saved games though...once I quit the game and return to desktop all my saved games are gone. The continue campaign is 'greyed' and the load game log is empty. I looked in the the 'saves' folder in the game directory - the saved games are there...but ingame they are not available.

Does anybody else have that problem? (I played the romans imperial campaign) Maybe I did a mistake when installing the mod?:hmmm:
    That's quite strange, because I use the "continue campaign" option very often. :hmmm:

The saved games are in "Rome_installation"\ITW\saves, folder that is created once you play for the first time.

Thusnelda's Avatar Laetus

That's quite strange, because I use the "continue campaign" option very often. :hmmm:

The saved games are in "Rome_installation"\ITW\saves, folder that is created once you play for the first time.

yeah, the saved games are in the 'saves 'folder but are not accessible in-game... like there are no saved games at all -not even the last year save. Maybe I just re-install the mod. I probably did some mistake installing it if no one else has the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    First of all, congratulations, ITW Gold looks and feels incredible! I've just fought an epic battle as the Romans in the main campaign (as the rebels sallied out from being besieged in the settlement just north of Rome). It was a real slug-fest and went it the full 45 minutes - lol. I can see I'm going to have to work hard for my victories here.

I thought that you would like some feedback on two minor points.

1. At the start of the campaign, the advisor appears and the text would show briefly, but disappear too quickly to read. Sometimes it was possible to get it back up to read, and sometimes not.

2. The Roman Funditores had the archers "thrumming" sound effect of arrows being loosed, as well as the proper "whooshing" of stones being thrown.
    I thought ITW 1.5 was good, but your Gold edition takes it to new heights.
    Thank you very much.

In the next releasing of ITW gold sound system this mistake will be away. Funditores will be heard only with stones (there won´t be arrows).

You probably didn't delete correctly the "Rome - Total War" that appears at the end when browsing the installation path (I don't know why it makes this, it must be a bug of NSIS).

In such case the mod won't be properly installed and my advice is uninstalling and reinstalling, looking carefully at that step.
    Thanks..job done,very nice mod what I have seen so far congrats

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda View Post

I encountered the problem once, after playing RTR for many hours, but it seems to have been fixed in RomeTW-ALX (which I'm using to play ITW and other mods).
    ________
    Live Sex
    Last edited by AqD; September 20, 2011 at 06:39 AM.

reinstalled, works perfectly.
    awesome and unique mod, congrats guys!

Athkara's Avatar Tiro

I'm having a problem trying to get battles to load. For custom battles, every time I try to start them I get kicked back to the faction selection screen, with no error message. Further, the campaign loads fine, but when I try to enter a battle I get a ctd when the loading bar gets to the very end - with an error message saying I have 'insuficient video memory to load the required texture', which has me puzzled.
    260 BC: Asia ton Barbaron - submod for EB ------- Yuezhi/Wusun historian and mapper
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview I
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview II

THANKS FOR A GREAT MOD! SPENT A LONG WEEKEND IN SOUTH AFRICA JUSTPLAYING ITW GOLD!

Some thoughts I thought should be shared with modders and players

AI BEHAVIOUR - strategically excellent - have sunk quite a few carthaginian fleets carrying full-strength armies - an indication that AI behaviour is at least broadly aligned with strategic and geographical factors of the era

FIGHT SYSTEM: Takes some getting used to but now I feel it captures the "ebb and flow" of battle quite realistically - however, is there a need for the human player to physicaly see progress in-battle - eg full-tilt cavalry charge into flank or rear of enemy often produces no kills for a time and you wonder if it is working - know the kill rate is now slower, but surely even then shock of impact should produce most kills before it settles into battle and then morale etc takes its toll?

MARIAN EVENT - as an EB devotee, I am perhaps conditioned to this - but the marian event comes as a shock in ITW Gold especially becasue all of a sudden no traditional units are available for recruitment - is it not better to allow the player to phase this in? After all this is a "social" change, not an ordered event

SILVER & GOLD CHEVRONS - again, being conditioned to at most two tech levels in armour and weapons, it comes as a shock to see these used again - what is the purpose? This vanilla feature was probably only there to bring in some RTS features when RTW etc was still a marketing novelty?

But otherwise, I love this mod - especially love "unit economy" where there is no embarassment of choices between troop types and where we can concentrate on tactics and strategy

Go Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Athkara View Post
    I'm having a problem trying to get battles to load. For custom battles, every time I try to start them I get kicked back to the faction selection screen, with no error message. Further, the campaign loads fine, but when I try to enter a battle I get a ctd when the loading bar gets to the very end - with an error message saying I have 'insuficient video memory to load the required texture', which has me puzzled.
    :hmmm: I'd never seen this type of error message. Which video card are you using? My first advice would be to decrease the video settings of RTW (units and landscape details) just to see if it is something related to this. If this works, you can then adjust your own preferences by increasing step-by-step the different parameters.

Athkara's Avatar Tiro

I've got a GeForce 6150, and I've already got the video settings pretty much as low as they'll go. I don't think the problem is my vid card as it's been fine with all the other mods I've played. I think I've gotten the 'insufficient video memory' error before when I messed up modding some units in another mod - but I haven't changed anything for ITW.
    260 BC: Asia ton Barbaron - submod for EB ------- Yuezhi/Wusun historian and mapper
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview I
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast