Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iberia Total War Gold Edition: bugs

Athkara's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Iberia Total War Gold Edition: bugs

Nevermind, it turns out the problem was that I was trying to use the BI.exe, which is still kind of confusing to me since I've done it with other Rome based mods..

Anyways I played a battle and almost couldn't beleive my eyes when the AI cavalry did repeated charge/retreats against my line.
    260 BC: Asia ton Barbaron - submod for EB ------- Yuezhi/Wusun historian and mapper
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview I
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview II

Libertus

i seem to be getting regular CTD's during the AI turn, when i reload seems to work fine for a few turns, then CTD's again!
    apart from that everything seems to fine
    great mod!
    Last edited by Boudica; May 31, 2008 at 09:01 AM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

I'm deeply impressed by the artistic quality of this mod, and the aesthetic taste behind it all (I mean, it's one thing to come up with interesting designs, it's another to fill it with pleasing or realistic colours or content). You guys have it all! The units on the battlefield, for example, look even better than I could imagine from the previews. This is definetely one of the best RTW mods ever made, IMO. Hats off for you!

Only one problem so far: I do get a fair share of CTDs. Often in battle mode, if I click on something (in the control panel) there, but mostly after the battle, when the game is trying to return to strategy mode (sometimes when selecting what to do after having conquered a settlement). Considering how long the battles can last (which I like), the latter instances are most frustrating. I have not detected a regularity or pattern in those CTDs yet (like being faction-specific or location-specific), but I'll get back to you as soon as I do. BUt this is the first RTW game I've tried since I installed the latest NVidia drivers (which makes the game run faster), so it might not be related to ITW. Need to try things out more, but thought I should still notify you guys, in case others report the same thing.

Other than that, I've found the unit picture for Olkades Stipendiarii (mercenaries; the small pic for the review panel in strategy mode or control panel in battle mode) missing. I think it should look like the regular Olkades, but you see a peasant pic instead.
    Last edited by Demokritos; July 21, 2008 at 09:35 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

The Bronze boy's Avatar Civis
    Brisbane, not that tiny thing in california, the moderatly larger one in queensland.

I have somewhat of a serious problem in my hands here. I have reistalled unstalled the game about 11 times, the last two tomes the custom battles seem to be actually from iberia total war on not vanilla, but I am unable to access the main campaign as whenever I click it, itw will say "please select an item from the list above" so I am unable to play the campagin. any clues?
    I see that the list hasnt been answered of late so I may not get a reply less the a soloution.
    within us all there is a flicker
    And through our lives
    we must turn it into a fire
    If not it will all be extinguished

Libertus

Hi Guys, can anyone help,I have problem which is driving me mad! I have installed a mod, for RTW called roma serrectum which I don't think there is a problem with initself...but, my problem is with an old mod, ITW. I previously had iberia totalwar installed, which wasn't installed in a seperate folder, but my main RTW folder. I uninstalled ITW and then to get a 'clean' copy I uninstalled/reinstalled RTW, patched to 1.5, etc. Then I d/loaded RS and installed-now, when I click on the RS icon on my desk top, ITW comes up as the loaded mod and then crashes! This is really annoying, I guess there are some ITW files hidden somewhere and despite a complete uninstall of RTW (several times now-ah!), I can seem to get rid of ITW! I have searched on my pc for any mssing files, etc but haven't found any? Can someone please offer any advice/suggestions on how to remove, what I presume are 'hidden' ITW files? Many Thanks!!!

@The bronze Boy

Look that u Rome have 1.5 path (1.6 BI), and preferences.txt u have: FIRST_TIME_PLAY:FALSE

@cantopsych

I saw in other post that u have repair it. If u can, say it to comunity; other person can have same problem

Un saludo.

For me, most CTDs happen when I press the turn button. Most of the time when I reload the game and click for a new turn, the CTD doesn't happen a second time.

However, this time it kept happening when the carthaginians attacked an army of mine on Sardinia. I got tired of it, disbanded the army and the bug went away. It's about 2 or three turns after that and I keep getting a CTD when I try and advance turn, no matter what I do. I know it's no longer on the carthagians' turn that it happens.

In any case, here is the savegame. It'd be great if someone could help out with this problem, as I can't progress on this campaing anymore because of this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12