Thread: settlement specific units

Default settlement specific units

im trying to make units require a certain province, much like how in the original medieval swiss pikemen could only be created at switzerland. i want to do this in M2TW.

i have been trying various things in the buildings file and checking out the mercs file and have got some knowledge on how it is done, but is there something more direct?

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Default Re: settlement specific units

Its acutally very easy, but for more than one unit you really need time for it. I have decided not to go that way cause there are merc units for that. You can recruit swiss pikemen as mercs only in switzerland.

If you want them anyway here is a short turtorial:
    First you need to give the unit in the EDU to every faction, to make it visible on battlefield add at the line "attributes" ", mercenary_unit" at the end. Second in the descr_regions.txt you have to add to the region you want a name you will have to use later in another file, for example "swiss":

Bern_Province
    Bern
    hre
    Swiss_Rebels
    175 175 175
    timber, swiss
    religions { catholic 85 orthodox 0 islam 0 pagan 5 heretic 10 }

Now in the EDB you have to add the "swiss" like this:

Example (use it on the unit you want):

recruit_pool "Conquistadores" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { spain, portugal, } and hidden_resource america

replace "america" with swiss

At the top of the file there is a list with all hidden resources add it there aswell. Now you are good the unit should only be buildable in the region you want.
    Last edited by Rammstein; April 24, 2008 at 03:00 AM.