Page 59 of 150 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2993

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Will I be able to manually change the time rate in the the descr_strat file without killing my game?

Hotseat? A lot of factions aren't playable. Now there are 4 of us. I am gunna be spain another one of my friendsa is gunna be sicily. Now two of my friends want to be norway and ireland. How can I get those factions playable?

Hi Caesar!! although i cant play as wales as i`d like, i can`t say anything about this mod. I tried several ones and i came to the count that this is thes best one. I also been playing with the kingdoms expansions to get relax a little from those long turns!! I ve got a question now, does anybody knows how to play with the barons alliance, or if there is any mod that allows it??

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Junari View Post
    I ve got a question now, does anybody knows how to play with the barons alliance, or if there is any mod that allows it??
    The barons alliance would require another faction slot, of which there are none left. To do so you'd have to replace another faction first.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Ok then. Thanks Caesar! i ve been searching around and i found that modifying the descr_trat file i could play as the barons. I ve done it and, besides it wasnt easy for me to make it works, ive finally achieved it!!

Does this mod improve realism or are it's features fictional?

What do you determine as 'realistic'?

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

sorry but torrent download link all die
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for the mod

I don't know how to install could someone give me the installation steps as the one given by King Kong doesn't seem to be working.
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

Cumans ( Kypchaks ) Had only Tug with WOLF HEAD.
    But Coa is too nice

install the MOD.
    And I look it Cumans and Mongols.

Sorry it was not good

Asim, Hakki ? :hmmm: is not Cuman names is Arabic names

Please look my Cuman ( Kypchak ) Post's.

And the Ruler Names is too not good.

BTW: You can add Mongols too Tatar unit's.
    If you know Genghis Khan's army was must Tatar warriors. :wink:

The Central Asian plateau (north of China) around the time of Temüjin was divided into several tribes or confederations, among them Naimans, Merkits, Uyghurs, Tatars, Mongols, Keraits that were all prominent in their own right and often unfriendly toward each other as evidenced by random raids, revenges, and plundering.

Tatars in the 9th century by the Khitans, migrated southward. In the 12th century, they were subjugated by the Mongol Empire under Genghis Khan. Under the leadership of his grandson Batu Khan, they moved westwards, driving with them many stems of the Turkic Ural-Altayans towards the plains of Russia.

In Europe, they were assimilated by the local Turkic populations or their name spread to the conquered peoples: Kipchaks, Volga Bulgars, Alans, Kimaks and others; and elsewhere with Finno-Ugric speaking peoples, as well as with remnants of the ancient Greek colonies in the Crimea and Caucasians in the Caucasus.

Tatars of Siberia are survivors of the Turkic population of the Ural-Altaic region, mixed to some extent with the speakers of Uralic languages, as well as with Mongols. Later, each group adopted Turkic languages and many adopted Islam. At the beginning of 20th century, most of those groups, except the Volga Tatars and Crimean Tatars adopted their own ethnic names and now are not referred to as Tatars, being Tatars or Tartars only in historical context. Now the name Tatars is generally applied to two ethnic groups: Volga Tatars (or simply Tatars) and Crimean Tatars. However, some indigenous peoples of Siberia are also traditionally named Tatars, such as Chulym Tatars.

And by Mongols Genghis Khan had 4 son's

Jochi Khan, Chagatai Khan, Ogeday Khan ( you write him as Ugedai ) that is too good :original: and you had youngest son the Otchigin: Tolui Khan

and his brothers: Khasar, Temuge and Belgütei

Jebe is good but Genghis Had 3 by Subutai Bagatir and Brother of Subutai Bagatir - Jelme Bagatir and Boorchu and Kubilai ( not his grandson Kubilai ) and other generals was Mukali, Sorkin-Shira and son of Sorkin-Shira - Chila'un and MORE.. if you want I can write it all for you.

the Greatest Cuman KHAN ::

Köten (variously Kötyen, Kotyan) was a Kipchak khan and member of the Terter(oba) clan. Kipchaks were a Turkic people also called Cumans by the Byzantines, Kun by the Hungarians, and Polovtsy by the Russians. This Köten is the same Prince Kotjan Sutoevic of the Russian annals, who forged the Russian-Cuman alliance against the Tatars. Kipchaks under Köten and a Russian army of 80,000 men under his son-in-law Mstislav -the Bold- of Galich fought a battle against a Mongol assault led by Jebe and Sübötäi. The action took place near the Kalka or Kalmius, a small coastal river flowing into the Sea of Azov near Mariupol. The prince of Galich and the Kipchaks were routed and had to flee (May 31, 1222). Köten was deposed from power in that year, but he remained leader of the clan.

In the early spring of 1237, the Mongols attacked the Kuman-Kipchaks. Some of the Kuman-Kipchaks surrendered; it was this element that was later to form the ethnic and geographic basis of the Mongol khanate known to the former lords of the country as the "Kipchak khanate". Known also as the Golden Horde, the Kipchak khanate belonged to one of the branches of Jochi’s house -Genghis Khan’s eldest son. A Kipchak chief named Batchman lay in hiding for some time on the banks of the Volga, but was captured at last on an island in the lower part of the river (winter 1236-37). Möngke had him cut in half. According to the evidence of Rashid al-Din, Berke led a third campaign in 1238 which inflicted final defeat on the Kipchaks. It was then that the Kipchak chief Köten emigrated with forty thousand "huts" to Hungary.

At the start of Köten's reign the religion of the Kuman-Kipchaks was Tengriism. In 1238 Köten led his tribes into Hungary in flight from the advancing Mongol hordes. In return for their alliance and conversion to Christianity, Bela IV of Hungary granted them asylum. Köten was baptised in 1239 and his daughter Elizabeth married Bela's son, the future Stephen V of Hungary. Elizabeth's mother was a Russian princess of the family de Halicz, whose first name is not known.The Hungarian nobles, however, distrusted the Kuman-Kipchaks and just prior to the disastrous Mongol invasion which led to the route of Mohi, they had Köten assassinated in Pest. The enraged Kuman-Kipchak masses began to plunder the countryside, and moved southwards in the country. They crossed the Danube and reached Srem (called Marchia by Rogerius). After causing much destruction and havoc in Hungary they left the country for Bulgaria.

Köten left another daughter who married Narjot III de Toucy.

According to Rogenus' description the Kuman-Kipchaks' last halt in Hungary was Srem, a territory between the Danube and the Sava, so the first Bulgarian territories they entered must have been Branicevo and Vidin. This supposition is in perfect agreement with our knowledge of the later history of these regions. The Bulgarian boyar families, the Şişmans in Vidin and Dormans in Braniċevo, were of Kuman-Kipchak extraction, and must have settled in these regions after the large immigration of 1241. Köten's relatives and the leading figures of his royal clan settled in Bulgaria.

YOU WANT ALL INFORMATION ABOUT CUMANS and MONGOLS ??
    I CAN PM YOU ALL ??

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Could some one give me the installation steps please!!! i so wanna play this game!!!

dogukan's Avatar Praeses

how can I download 6.1(I mean including 6.0)? Except rapidshare?

Are the new units\unit textures based on real life ones or are the completely made up?

Great mod - for my opinion BEST MOD for mtw!

dogukan link to downloads ---> look at first page this topic, but i copy it for you:

Download Links SS 6.0

http://files.filefront.com/Stainless.../fileinfo.html

In SS 6.1 + SSTC + RR & RC the units on the battle map appear to move a lot slower than they do in my MII vanilla + RC 1.3, is this intentional or have I done something wrong?
    Last edited by KillFascists420; September 05, 2008 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    What do you determine as 'realistic'?
    By realistic I mean true to reality and historically accurate.
    Last edited by KillFascists420; September 05, 2008 at 03:42 PM.

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Jonni_g_n View Post
    nice one kong! gonna be slow dload though.

lol tell me about it im on 3% and still 6hours and a half left

I think i gotta to download part 1 then part 2 and finally install something else is that right.

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by MaryQueenofScots View Post
    i posted up above about not being able to install casue of error and i checked the total war forums and lods have the same problem but, basically need a new disc casue that ones went CAPOOT!!

but i dont understand why, im a bit of a nazi with my dics and always keep them in the box and no one else touches them, so no scatches ...

Is there anything else which can break discs i dont know about ??
    have you considered copying the files to your hard drive then installing? Or then copying back to a CD/DVD (if you have a writer) and then trying to load from there?
    Search THEN ask on these forums!!!

.... and check out the Expanded America's mod at :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185565

ceretic's Avatar Centenarius

i am in exactly the same predicament as you and getting bored looking for a solution - does the original stainless steel 6.0 have this problem as well?