Page 51 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2993

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by DSalomon View Post
    Thanks a lot for the mod, however:
    When playing a custom battle, I cannot choose Castille, both as my own army and as my enemy's. May you fix this bug?
    I hate to do it, but I'll quote myself from less than a page back in this thread:

If you look again you'll notice that several factions aren't available in custom battles. This is because the number of factions able to be available to custom battles is less than the number of factions allowed in the game. So some factions had to be cut from the list. But if you really want to play a certain faction in custom battles, open the descr_sm_factions.txt file in the Stainless_Steel_6\data\ folder and change the faction's custom battle availability to "yes" and another faction to "no". :original:

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Timur_the_Lame's Avatar Praepositus

is there something wrong with my computer??? this is such a slow DL

Great, mod from what ive played so far. The thing that bothers me is that it takes so long for the other nations to take there turn, much longer than it took in vanilla m2tw. Also the campaign map seems to get a bit laggy in eastern europe where there are large amounts of forest. Other than that it is great, oh and the 6.1 patch didnt seem to fix the border hourse head problem.
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaance the night away

Quote Originally Posted by skoalchawnker View Post
    Great, mod from what ive played so far. The thing that bothers me is that it takes so long for the other nations to take there turn, much longer than it took in vanilla m2tw. Also the campaign map seems to get a bit laggy in eastern europe where there are large amounts of forest.
    Do a search in the SS forums. There are many threads that give suggestions on how to improve performance.

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by PortugalRules View Post
    is there something wrong with my computer??? this is such a slow DL
    If every download is slow - contact your ISP. If just this download is slow, that just unlucky, it just means the servers are busy. When you have a piece of software downloading slowly, its more usual to do a search for slow downloading than coming to the software forum. After all, WHAT you're downloading has nothing to do with HOW FAST your downloading!

As to slowness. As was said above, you need to search the SS forums where there are hints to tweak the game. One thing you have to take on board though is that as the game progresses and larger armies are built, more wars take place and more diplomats are created to negotiate with faction so the game gets slower. This is the same with the vanilla game as well.
    Search THEN ask on these forums!!!

.... and check out the Expanded America's mod at :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185565

Icon4 Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Hey guys, I downloaded Part 1 just fine, but I am having a heck of a time downloading Part 2. It keeps saying there is some sort of error or it just stops at some point.

Thanks for the help guys! This mod looks so awesome and I can't wait to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
    Hey guys, I downloaded Part 1 just fine, but I am having a heck of a time downloading Part 2. It keeps saying there is some sort of error or it just stops at some point.

Thanks for the help guys! This mod looks so awesome and I can't wait to try it out.
    Try turning off any anti-virus software you have running.

jmack's Avatar Civis

does anyone know when 6.2 is coming? id rather wait if its gona be in a month

Icon7 Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Try turning off any anti-virus software you have running.
    Thank ya sir! That did the trick!

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by jmack View Post
    does anyone know when 6.2 is coming? id rather wait if its gona be in a month
    The status report of SS is here.

That should answer your question. I wouldn't wait to download it though. If a 6.2 patch was released, it would just be a patch so it wouldn't be hard to install.

Likewise, if a version 7 was released, this would take some time and would certainly not be within a month.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

discet's Avatar Tiro
    If your a cop Im in micronesia if your not you dont need to know

its like if god invented ten thouzand kittens to bloody eachother in battle *tear of pure happyness*
    Last edited by discet; July 28, 2008 at 05:58 AM.

Excellent work
    Last edited by shane32ie; July 28, 2008 at 05:40 PM.
    "I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do. Whereas priests....... more drink?"

Icon7 Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Just wanted to say that this mod...WOW! Truly an amazing piece of work. My Scottish campaign is SO fun.

I had to advance through Norway because England was too strong! Got excommunicated though...

The Papal states are not playable ??

I have downloaded this and everytime I tried to play the late era campagin the game crashes to my desktop any help.

Quote Originally Posted by tounge View Post
    The Papal states are not playable ??
    No.

I have downloaded this and everytime I tried to play the late era campagin the game crashes to my desktop any help.
    This should be posted in the bug report forum . Also post the last 5 lines of your system.log.txt file

I'm getting this woah. Can someone please give me a decent reason why this is the most popular Med2 mod and no other? i mean the fans are always right! they must have a good reason!

Cura ut Valeas,

Q.

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Quinctius Cincinnatus, what this mod does is make you think.... The enemy is at the door with this mod like no other. Politically the wheels turn in a much more intelligent way, making the 3-5 minutes you can wait watching the faction movements on the map so entertaining you wouldn't think of turning the feature off! From sea invasions to intelligent use of diplomats and princesses, from the choice and size of armies brought to bear, and the overlapping defences laid out so that if you attack a city the enemy will almost always have 3 armies next to your besieging army next turn! Quite simply, I think it is the excellent strategic AI that is the key to SS. Yes it has some nice additional graphics and music, and yes, you can add Real Recruitment and BYG's Faction Zeal/Supply's mod, but at it's core, it's the greatest mod because it makes much more use of the strategic play area, forces you to think like a faction leader and by extension brings greater tactical battles to bear as well!

In vanilla MTW 2, all you really looked at were how the numbers stacked up. Now, you really need to know the make-up of the army before you fight! In addition, if you have BYG's and RR's mods installed you will be facing their peasants with your own - not like in the vanilla game where the enemy still had peasants while you had much higher level units! Also, on the economy and taxation front SS makes MTW 2 sublime! You really need to get your house in order financially before spending money on foreign campaigns. these campaigns now cost and if you haven't a good economy back home, your expansion will not last long!

So I would say it's the way SS changes the Strategic gameplay that is the key to why it's the greatest mod!
    Last edited by uk_john; August 01, 2008 at 01:42 PM.
    Search THEN ask on these forums!!!

.... and check out the Expanded America's mod at :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185565

Campidoctor

This mod rocks!

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Quinctius Cincinnatus View Post
    I'm getting this woah. Can someone please give me a decent reason why this is the most popular Med2 mod and no other? i mean the fans are always right! they must have a good reason!

Cura ut Valeas,

Q.
    SS is just balanced.