Page 50 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2540414243444546474849505152535455565758596075100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2993

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

CC wrote:

If you look again you'll notice that several factions aren't available in custom battles. This is because the number of factions able to be available to custom battles is less than the number of factions allowed in the game. So some factions had to be cut from the list. But if you really want to play a certain faction in custom battles, open the descr_sm_factions.txt file in the Stainless_Steel_6\data\ folder and change the faction's custom battle availability to "yes".
    erm presumably one would need to change another faction from "yes" to "no"?

Hi! i am new in this forum but i realy want to play this mod, i have downloaded and installed part 1, 2 and the patch but when i start Total war its the original game. I dont now what i did wrong?

You should have a new shortcut on your desktop...

Oh.... holy , there it is! thank you, im off playing the game then!

fantastic mod, I salute you creators for doing such a wonderful job. this is the best M2 mod IMO

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    erm presumably one would need to change another faction from "yes" to "no"?
    Errm...yes you're right. Forgot that part

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

joemo's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftehh View Post
    Sweetness..
    my computer is better nvidia 9500
    3gb memory hail ss team

I have currently Broken Crescent on my computer...is it possible to install Stasinless Steel on top of that one/ next to it?

@ King Kong & team: the preview looks awesome....RESPECT!

Quote Originally Posted by Caltorix View Post
    I will be buying a new dedicated gaming system - probably willing to put $1500 or so into it - with the expressed purpose of playing TW ME2 SS and other mods,Rome Total Realism, etc., Probably the new Europa Universalis Rome as well. But basically limited to the TW family etc. Any thoughts or advice on what has proven reliable, or what system issues can be avoided up front? I would really like a solid, stable TW system.

:hmmm:
    I just bought a new system for around $1200:
    CPU: E8400
    GPU: Hightech HD4870
    RAM: 4GB DDR2 Corsair XMS2 800Mhz
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R
    HD: WD Caviar 640GB
    PSU: Corsair HX620W
    Case: Antec 900

Put it together on monday night. I was having problems until I did a motherboard bios update - everything is sweet now. Runs Crysis with the ultra high config and 2xAA smoothly

I am dling this now BTW. I'm on topic Now I'm off to install Medieval II + Kingdoms in readiness.

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

I built a 5600 dual-core AthloxXP 2,8ghz CPU, M2V motherboard, 8600 video card 2gb 6400 DDR2 ram, 5.1 soundcard, case with 12cm (5") front fan and 3 internal fans, a 500W power supply and a wireless keyboard and mouse with a keyboard that lights up in blue, red or purple, so i can play in the dark(!) I already had an XP disk and am sticking with XP for now. I got all this for £310 ($600)!

I know not everyone can build a PC, but you can save a ton of money if you can! My PC is not top of the range, but it's damn good and it's what I could afford. It is eminently upgradable and is good enough to be able to play Crysis and Fallout 3 when it comes out and any PC game I can think of that is coming out this year and early next!

MTW II runs sweetly, but I have discovered that Shogun and the original MTW do not work with 8000 series cards! For this alone, my next car will be an ATI!!!
    Search THEN ask on these forums!!!

.... and check out the Expanded America's mod at :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185565

Hmm I installed SS 6 part 1 then part 2 then the 6.1 patch. Occasionally I get a CTD when I select a faction :hmmm:
    I have started a campaign and it seems fine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharros View Post
    Hmm I installed SS 6 part 1 then part 2 then the 6.1 patch. Occasionally I get a CTD when I select a faction :hmmm:
    I have started a campaign and it seems fine so far.
    As has been said a million times, switching factions on the menu screen is a MTW II bug. So decide what faction you want to play by looking at faction info on the web, then start up the game and just click on that faction and start!

Quote Originally Posted by uk_john View Post
    As has been said a million times, switching factions on the menu screen is a MTW II bug. So decide what faction you want to play by looking at faction info on the web, then start up the game and just click on that faction and start!
    I haven't really experienced this that much before in other mod ect. and I have been playing Medieval 2 since it came out. But whatever you say.

Do you have a crack for this?, cause I have a copied game of M2 Kingdoms and the original!

Thanx very much for you answer

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Wallace View Post
    Do you have a crack for this?, cause I have a copied game of M2 Kingdoms and the original!

Thanx very much for you answer
    If you have an original copy why do you need a crack? Don't understand what you want, but whatever it is, ain't gonna help, 'cos it sounds dodgy!

Hello there, I just downloaded this mod last night and was planning to install it today, I double clicked the part 1.exe and nothing has happened. Any thoughts? The 6.1 patch starts the exe and the part2.exe says its not a valid application. I'm almost positive they fully downloaded, I used a program called GetRight (which saves you download progress incase your internet goes out or some such, which mine often does) to assist in downloading it. The icons next to the EXE are just a little blank window if that gives any indication, while the 6.1 patch has a different icon.

Thanks a lot for the mod, however:
    When playing a custom battle, I cannot choose Castille, both as my own army and as my enemy's. May you fix this bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Smackus Tardius View Post
    Hello there, I just downloaded this mod last night and was planning to install it today, I double clicked the part 1.exe and nothing has happened. Any thoughts? The 6.1 patch starts the exe and the part2.exe says its not a valid application. I'm almost positive they fully downloaded, I used a program called GetRight (which saves you download progress incase your internet goes out or some such, which mine often does) to assist in downloading it. The icons next to the EXE are just a little blank window if that gives any indication, while the 6.1 patch has a different icon.
    You don't say if you have XP or Vista. Anyway, try turning off the firewall and anti-virus (making sure you're offline!) then trying again. If the same, you have a corrupt download. So yiou will have to download it again.

I mean the original (Medieval2totalwar) expansion (Kingdoms) Do you have a crack?, cause both games are copied!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Wallace View Post
    I mean the original (Medieval2totalwar) expansion (Kingdoms) Do you have a crack?, cause both games are copied!
    Don't think they exist for expansions. In any even buying games is what we have all done. not copied them.