Page 33 of 150 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142435883133 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

i had the same problem but not as mutch i am just downloading stainless steal 6.0 i have kingdoms and M2tw what do i do?

I am currently downloading the installers for 6.0 and the patch for 6.1. One question though... I had refrofit installed and have since uninstalled it. I also have only the Crusade part of the Kingdom expansion, as I had finished and uninstalled the other 3 components...

Now, here's the question, should I uninstall everything and reinstall M2, then Kingdom? If so, do I have to patch prior to installing SS 6.0?

yeah i got the same question do i have to have the newest kingdoms patch

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bohema View Post
    yeah i got the same question do i have to have the newest kingdoms patch
    You dont need the 1.5 patch to play SS6 or 6.1

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Yay VIVA King Kong !!!!! Downloading this now

Keep your pants on Germans coz your "friends" are coming !!!!!!!!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Disregard RTW2 - acquire Europa Barbarorum 2.

Hey, CA - "Get Woke Go Broke" !

Proud owner of white skin and a penis - bite me.

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

So many downloads! Part one: over 24 000!

Once I removed the "faction leader is dead" and "foreign princess comes of ages" the turn time improved pretty much and now I'm addicted! (being addicted to this is just a good thing)
    This is my signature! There are many like it, but this one is mine!

Liandro's Avatar Miles

I appreciate all the hard work, and time that went into making this mod, however, and I'm only asking because I'm curious and would like a slight change, is it possible to remove the Foraging necessity and General health, to simply be as it was before, meaning no upkeep or foraging needed. I know it adds to strategy and planning, however I would like to remove it. I personally find it more annoying than fun. My basic question is, is it possible to easily remove this feature, and how? Thank you for your time.

People, we gave so many compliments to SS creators which they deserved, but let's donate some money to improve this project and reward them for effort.

Liandro's Avatar Miles

Do I just remove the healthy stuff from the export_descr_character_traits file?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Liandro View Post
    I appreciate all the hard work, and time that went into making this mod, however, and I'm only asking because I'm curious and would like a slight change, is it possible to remove the Foraging necessity and General health, to simply be as it was before, meaning no upkeep or foraging needed. I know it adds to strategy and planning, however I would like to remove it. I personally find it more annoying than fun. My basic question is, is it possible to easily remove this feature, and how? Thank you for your time.
    Yes. Do a search on these forums for removing the supply traits.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

adonoda's Avatar Laetus

The download links at FileFront don't seem to work for me. Nothing happens when I clicked on the "Download Now" button. The rapidshare links can't work either.:hmmm: Anyone else encountered that problem?

Yep, with IE...Try FIREFOX, it worked 4 me

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

Hello to gamers. Respect to the creators of this mod
    But I'm here to join Liandro in his plight )
    Anybody knows how to remove the truely annoying foraging, army supply and ,connected to this, army morale of a general? IMHO, it doesn't add fun to the gameplay at all. One of the reasons - it is not applicable to an army without a general.
    One more thing. Does any of long-term gamers know, why in AI's turn it's merchants and princesses keep offering something to my cities, while I don't recieve any sort of notice (i.e. the diplomacy screen does not open). Apparently, it's a bug that hasn't been fixed since vanilla. I can't presume they keep trying to bribe my cities, since they never succeed, only waisting game time.
    Thanx to everyone.

When diplmats start doing that, I always get suspicious. In 9/10 times an attack will follow in one of the next ten turns (only when you're currently at peace with that faction). So when a diplomat or princess comes and starts "talking" to my cities, I know it's time to make some extra militairy units!

Vlaanderen de leeuw

Strategos Alexandros's Avatar Centenarius

When I want to do a custom battle, my computer stalls.
    And at both campains when i try to do a battle, the computer loads it,
    but then I get somthing really strange. The ground is black but there are walls and houses and you can see both armies. You can see this for 1
    second and then my computer stalls.
    Can somebody help me?

Sorry for my English, I've better things to do, like playing Medieval II

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Princesses may be trying to find a general to marry and bring over to their side. Sometimes they find a general and join your faction instead.

Send a diplomat to any princesses and check them out to see how old they are and how much charm they have (nb you may find that older princesses with lots of charm have not got married for a reason.) Don't agree to any marriage deals until you know how old a princess is.

Some simple diplomacy - offering map information etc might improve your standing with that faction which might reduce the chance of them attacking you. (Be wary of swarms of priests too!)

TemplarLord's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Alexandros View Post
    When I want to do a custom battle, my computer stalls.
    And at both campains when i try to do a battle, the computer loads it,
    but then I get somthing really strange. The ground is black but there are walls and houses and you can see both armies. You can see this for 1
    second and then my computer stalls.
    Can somebody help me?

Sorry for my English, I've better things to do, like playing Medieval II
    Did you install Part 2 of the Stainless Steel 6.0?

Strategos Alexandros's Avatar Centenarius

Of course I did.

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

before I go to the trouble to download - have you solved the problem from previous versions of stopping your General from having the long speech before a battle? Previous versions of Stainless Steel (5.0 or less) somehow stopped the General's pre-battle speech, and I really enjoy them and they are tactically informative too!