Page 32 of 150 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782132 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Legio XII's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by draco4506 View Post
    King Kong,

Excellent mod!

I need help though. I am trying to edit export_descr_unit. It is a text document. I have been able to edit descr_walls because it came from a .rar file on its own. Whenever I try to edit the other one. I get the following error message:

Cannot create the C:\Program Files\Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\Srainless_Steel_6\data\export_descr\unit.txt file.

Make sure that the path and file name are correct.

I have spent hours on the forum to no avail.

Help from anyone would be appreciated
    That is because the file is write-protected. Assuming you have vista, since I have gotten the same error, you need to go to the properties of your SEGA folder and uncheck the box that says read only. Then when it asks if you want to apply this attribute to all sub-folders and files, say yes. It will take a few minutes to apply that to all of the files, since it is a big folder.

If it won't let you do this,then you need to go to the properties tab again, go to the security tab within the properties menu, and give yourself (your username in vista) full administrator privileges. This is of course assuming you have administrator privileges to begin with, since you need them to grant them to yourself (don't ask me why. Ask Microsoft.). If you have any more questions, post again or PM me.

Hope this helps.

Wild Cat's Avatar Foederatus

Well done KK-amazing.
    Falling is the penultimate freedom-Unknown

Legio XII,

It worked!

Much appreciated!

How can I uninstall the permanent arrows, without reinstall the 6.1 patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatamer View Post
    How can I uninstall the permanent arrows, without reinstall the 6.1 patch?
    Install 6.1 into a different folder then manually copy the descr_effect_impacts.txt file (found in the data folder) into the SS6/data folder.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Hello folks,

I'd just like to say how much I'm looking forward to playing this mod, but there's one slight problem: I have the Steam version of Medieval II: Kingdoms.

What should I do to properly enable Stainless Steel on Steam? It appears as an option in the launcher, but whenever I click it, I get the brief SS 6.1 loading screen, and then it crashes to desktop.

I've done quite a few things to fix it, but nothing's worked and I've probably just made it worse.

So, to reiterate, how do I get SS 6.1 to function on a Steam version of M2?

I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance on this matter.

Thank you.

TemplarLord's Avatar Ordinarius

@ Thunderclap

I don't think the problem with SS and Steam has been solved... I might be wrong though.

That is curious TemplarLord, because when I had Stainless Steel 5.1, I was able to make it function on Steam with some finagling (namely by renaming its folder 'retrofit' and tricking the computer into running it, thinking it was the official retrofit mod). Unfortunately, I attempted that with 6.1 and accomplished nothing.

Perhaps some features of 6.1 aren't compatible with the other mod you have...

Vlaanderen de leeuw

Conceivably welwelwel, but the official retrofit is about as safe and kosher as you can get with regards to mods. I personally believe it is not the cause of the trouble, because as I've stated, the retrofit was what initially allowed me to play Stainless Steel in the first place! If forced to, I can downgrade to the playable SS 5.1, but this new version seems leaps and bounds ahead of the old, and I want to play it.

I am looking forward to this mod very much but I keep getting constant CTDs. I installed MTW2 and the Kingdoms expansion without any patches, then I preceeded to D/L and install SS6.1 and patch. I loaded everything up and clicked on Single Player, it crashed. I loaded it up again clicked on Single Player, it didnt crash until I clicked on Early Era Campaign once again it crashed. I did this twice finally I got all the way to the page where I choose my faction and it crashed again. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

TemplarLord's Avatar Ordinarius

@ Shottie

You have to have the 1.3 patch installed, but I guess you do if you installed Kingdoms... Make sure, though, open up any Kingdoms campaign and go to Options, in the right upper corner of the screen you should see the version; if its 1.04, then you're safe.

Also, have you installed both parts of the installer?

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Bravo king kong. Bravo. Rep +

So shall I presume there is no solution to my problem? If you want to run SS 6.1 on the Steam version, you're just out of luck? I can handle that, just someone give me a sure answer, please.

Excellent mod, but I find the AI takes far too long to do their turn even when you're no where near other opponents. I gave Ireland a spin, completely isolated, and it took about 2 minutes for each turn. Since the game is slower paced, I took less than 20 seconds to do my turn, then had to wait a minute or two for the AI to do their turns that I couldn't even see.

I consider myself patient, but this is just brutal.

Any solution?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dr_guerra View Post
    Excellent mod, but I find the AI takes far too long to do their turn even when you're no where near other opponents. I gave Ireland a spin, completely isolated, and it took about 2 minutes for each turn. Since the game is slower paced, I took less than 20 seconds to do my turn, then had to wait a minute or two for the AI to do their turns that I couldn't even see.

I consider myself patient, but this is just brutal.

Any solution?
    I had a huge performance increase by reinstalling Medieval and Kingdoms completely.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

in KING KONG we trust

great mod but for some reason it keeps sayin encounterd an error and stops when its going through a turn any help

Loved this game! KK have realy improved Stainless Steal

cool sounds like fun but do you need the other mods like 6.0 and the .5 ones to?