Thread: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Hey something that would be extremely awesome would be for some units which don't have secondary weapons to get ones! For example I've seen that many 1 handed and 2 handed axeman have sword pockets (normal sword length not short as daggers) which aren't taken into use and that's a shame. This would make great units since they charge with their heavy weapons and then continue the fight with a lighter one.
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

There is a suggestions topic where that should be posted. Secondary weapons dont work properly. That's why they were removed from pikemen.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

I see, well just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by DioD2 View Post
    I see, well just trying to help.
    I support your idea .

Thanks man and by the way, could someone recommend me a faction? I spent about 45 minutes trying to pick one until I gave up while starring at the select a faction window...... Please help me

Oh when playing as the Byzantine Empire how or when can I recruit Alamonui and Greek firethrowers?

Over the hills...

Thanks man and by the way, could someone recommend me a faction? I spent about 45 minutes trying to pick one until I gave up while starring at the select a faction window...... Please help me
    Oh when playing as the Byzantine Empire how or when can I recruit Alamonui and Greek firethrowers?
    I reccomend visiting the online database of buildings and units.
    Unit database http://totalwar.honga.net/faction.php?v=ss6&encode=en
    Building database http://totalwar.honga.net/faction_buildings.php?v=ss6&encode=en

There is also information about the factions.

Question: How come the AI is able to recruit high era units playing in the late era campaign while i can't? An example is England being able to recruit longbowmen while I playing as Ireland can't recruit ulster Swordsmen! Please someone tell me when do high era units become able for recruitment to me, the human player.

It depends on what submods you installed with 6.1

Where can I find those submods that allow me to recruit for example high era units?

If you have installed RealRecruitment and/or Byg's Grim Reality with the 6.1 installer, then recruitment will be changed a lot. I suggest you read the recruitment guides in their threads in the submods forum. Also if you have installed Byg's Grim Reality with the 6.1 installer, then there is a patch you need to install located at the bottom of the first post in the BGR thread in the submods forum (data.zip). Unfortunately it's not savegame compatible.

Thanks man and by the way does your Byzantine mod : "Basileia_ton_Romaion" temper with the RR mod or the RC mod installed in SS 6.1 since when I installed it I noticed that most units had a mayor defense and attack change but also a "Hitpoints" aggregation which isn't present in the RC mod?

I would just like to say. "Thank you." King Kong, and all the other creators, who put there time and effort into creating stainless steel 6.1 (Point Blank & Big grim.)

I still play it, alot. But with one submod added "Basileia ton Romaion." Besides from that submod, I play it with the three others on aswell Real recruitment & Big Grims reality & Permenent arrows. Me and my friends here in Danmark, did not take long, to draw the conclussion, that stainless steel 6.1.
    Is the best out of all of them, past & present.

Thank you.

From Hadrian.

hey guys great mod but have one issue im currently playin as byzantines i have a massive country now but ive relized a issue since i started building castles i can build about 10 units before all usefull unit types cant be made in that castle my cities are fine tho

is their a way to fix this ive got about 10 turns on one castle and cant make any usefull units

Over the hills...

Quote Originally Posted by christos5 View Post
    hey guys great mod but have one issue im currently playin as byzantines i have a massive country now but ive relized a issue since i started building castles i can build about 10 units before all usefull unit types cant be made in that castle my cities are fine tho

is their a way to fix this ive got about 10 turns on one castle and cant make any usefull units
    Do you have Real Recruitment installed aswell?

honestly i dont know i think i clicked every add on when i installed it (bout a year ago lol) odly i just suddenly had the urge to build castles and ya, if i do have this real recruitment installed how do i disable it? or should i reinstall stainless

Quote Originally Posted by christos5 View Post
    honestly i dont know i think i clicked every add on when i installed it (bout a year ago lol) odly i just suddenly had the urge to build castles and ya, if i do have this real recruitment installed how do i disable it? or should i reinstall stainless
    You can simply repatch without activating the options. If you activate them, you should first read the topics linked in the installer and the notice in the release post here. Alternativly you can patch to 6.2.4 which has no RR/BGR options (assuming you don't want those) which also fixes several bugs. For 6.2.4 see this topic http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=341997

cant thank you enough thank you everything works fine now(altough my save glitched up o well time to conqeuer turkey/ venice again lol)

Vythodias's Avatar Libertus
    Northern Catskill Mountains; upstate New York

I am all very new to all this but I simply cannot help but ask; Is there anyway to make the years in the game to 1 year per turn, or somewhat slower? For example I would prefer to four turn per year. (One for every season)

I have a lot (and I mean A LOT) of ideas but I have no idea as to the application of these ideas, when it comes to the game itself.

Another thought was a carry over from the crusades expansion. Is there ANY way to be able to build castles at strategic locations like a moutain pass or river. To make it fair one could make it like... 15,000, or whatever honestly, to build.

In this mod - I would also love to know why it seems the (English) Yeoman Archers seem to have much better armour then the Retinue Logbowmen. I mean is that simply an oversight or is there a specific reason behind it. Any help would be appreciated. The Yeoman look so amazingly classy and regimented, truly. It seems they are wearing partial plate but the Retinue, which ARE supposed to be vastly better, are only wearing pleated brigandtine with studs. For someone who ALWAYS plays the English this is understandibly frustrating...

Please advise. All - Thank you for everything!

Vythodias's Avatar Libertus
    Northern Catskill Mountains; upstate New York

Does anyone possibly know how to fix a glitch that I made? I tried adding some new and more historical names to the name file and now for the English faction everyone's name is invisible. Just gone. This is what I get for screwing around. Can anyone help?