Thread: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.1 Released

Okay, truce... but I wasn't telling people not to cheat I was discouraging them
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Hello. I am having a little bit of difficulty with the 6.1 patch. When I download it, it goes into jZip my unzippy thing. Where do I now extract it? I have tried the default medieval II folder, and the stainless steel folder, now I am at a loss. Does it go in data? thanks.
    Okay, I have fixed my problem and would like to state for the record that I am an idiot. Thank you.
    Last edited by Hambone; August 21, 2009 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Drugs are not very popular AFAIK.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Okay, I have fixed my problem and would like to state for the record that I am an idiot. Thank you.
    Duly noted

Don't worry it happens to the best of us

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

I don't know where my winrar is...

Edit: Downloaded again
    Last edited by Sir Walter; August 22, 2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Downloaded new one

Its also possible to use 7zip-portable if you dont want to install anything (besides SS6)

Annoyingly, now I've downloaded it and got it to work, I get random CTDs... whenever I try to go on Late Era Campaign and when I click on certain factions in Early Era Campaign (the one that causes it is different each time). Other than that, brilliant game!

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    Annoyingly, now I've downloaded it and got it to work, I get random CTDs... whenever I try to go on Late Era Campaign and when I click on certain factions in Early Era Campaign (the one that causes it is different each time).

That's one of the most reported bugs and cannot be fixed.

Domesticus
    Artifex

Yes, you must choose the faction at one time, not take many factions and get CTD. That's not a bad error IMO.

Okay, it's not too bad I guess. Quite annoying but bearable because they're never always triggering the CTDs...

Hey everyone I just discovered this mod and I was previous using Darthmod 1.4D.

I was wondering how does Stainless Steel mod compare with Darthmod?

Which is better and why?

Don't know, sorry (haven't played Darthmod). What I do know is that Stainless Steel is really good

Don't know, sorry (haven't played Darthmod). What I do know is that Stainless Steel is really good
    What I find strange is that Darthmod is actually more popular than Stainless Steel over in this d/l section over here.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...sort=downloads

then click downloads and its third from top and i see no Stainless Steel in this section which is odd and it makes me think Darthmod is more popular

Strange... it's popular though, King Kong's won awards.

Strange... it's popular though, King Kong's won awards.
    Ya I can tell Stainless Steel is reputable mod but why isn't it listed on that other section with Darthmod?

I was trying to see how many times this was downloaded but i can't tell but with darthmod i can see that it is over 100k downloads.

I've been using Darthmod to challenge me for a while and I don't know.

I'm really confused by why the stainless mod isn't on that other page tho. Maybe darthmod isn't hosted in the kingdoms section for some strange reason.

I really don't know, sorry...

What I find strange is that Darthmod is actually more popular than Stainless Steel over in this d/l section over here.
    I'm just guessing here but Darthmod doesnt need Kingdoms and Darthmod is hosted locally but Stainless Steel isnt?

SS isn't hosted locally so it wouldn't show up in that list.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    I'm just guessing here but Darthmod doesnt need Kingdoms and Darthmod is hosted locally but Stainless Steel isnt?
    Darthmod does need kingdoms for the latest version. I wish these two mods would go head to head because when I read up on both of them they sound like they almost rework the game code to the same extensive degree. Darthmod is a really amazing mod and its the third most popular in the locally hosted section. Why would SS not be hosted locally if its nearly as good as Darthmod?

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanpiper View Post
    Darthmod does need kingdoms for the latest version. I wish these two mods would go head to head because when I read up on both of them they sound like they almost rework the game code to the same extensive degree. Darthmod is a really amazing mod and its the third most popular in the locally hosted section. Why would SS not be hosted locally if its nearly as good as Darthmod?
    Because it's frikkin' huge! Darthmod is 50 meg or so. SS is a 1.4Gb download or there abouts. It would put too much of a strain on the TWC servers and the extra bandwidth required would probably cause the costs of hosting the site to go up a decent amount too.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; August 24, 2009 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Because it's frikkin' huge! Darthmod is 50 meg or so. SS is a 1.4Gb download or there abouts. It would put too much of a strain on the TWC servers and the extra bandwidth required would probably cause the costs of hosting the site to go up a decent amount too.
    So Darthmod is essentially just a bunch of file tweaks and not a full blown mod that adds alot of new stuff like SS...in which case it can't possibly have better ai than the massive download file.

Well that answers my question I guess I will be downloading this mod overnight and expecting it to put darthmod ai to shame.